Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About V-Beam

Quote Originally Posted by sharplesadam View Post
    sew1974

WHAT A TOTALLY FAKE POST.......!!!
    I'm confused. It sounds like he/she was just making an honest statement on how well V-beam worked for them and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by sew1974 View Post
    I thought this site was for people looking for information on Rosacea. I happened to have a great experience that could help other people, that is why I am on here. As previously stated this doctor has helped me to a point that it has been life changing. No I was not asked, but rather want to "sing his praises" as he has impacted my life so much. I thought sharing my experience could help someone else.
    Sew 1974,

I see you posted at the RSC and that the doctor admitted he asked patients to post about him.

http://rosacea-support.org/community...hp?f=18&t=1445

http://rosacea-support.org/community...php?f=18&t=942

As I stated we do not appreciate people coming here to push doctors or products. What we are here for is to share info and support and genuine experiences. No spamming please.

He asked his patients to post testamonials because the people who were on the site wanted testamonials! I don't get it....isn't this site for people looking for answers?

It is a fine line I am afraid. Usually members come here to chat about treatments and as part of this will feedback on treatments they have had or are currently undergoing and want to discuss future treatments. There is no agenda as such, just the sharing of information.

Your situation is different. Unless I am mistaken (and I have been rather busy recently) you have joined purely to feedback information regarding treatment with a doctor who has suggested that this may be a good idea. As good an idea as it may be the set up needs to be made clear to our members. Your posts need to be placed into context.

I am sorry if it seems like you are having a hard time off both forums but Missy and the moderators on the RSC are right to question your posts.

thank everyone for the answers

please I invite you to recapture the subject of the thread...

I would like to know what do you think if is most efective a purpuric or non purpuric V-Beam session??

Valby: How were your sessions, purpuric or non purpuric??

Hi Yellowred,

Purpuric VBeam seems to be most effective for visible blood vessels.
    Non purpuric VBeam can be helpful for flushing and diffuse redness but the VBeam Perfecta would be the VBeam I recommend for this purpose as it can deliver the most energy without bruising.

Be aware that perm redness is very difficult to treat and you will most likely need a number of treatments. Dr Crouch does a triplC protocol that you may want to read about and here are some threads that may be helpful.

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...t=ipl+settings

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=13878

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...eam#post179568

You will find that it is as much of an art as an exact science when it comes to treating us as everyone is a bit different and your doctor's experience and skill comes into play as there is no one exact formula that works for all.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

thanks a lot Melissa

In 3 weeks more or less I'm going to have a purpuric sessions of V-Beam, and I'm afraid about the time of recovery... the doctor told me that it would be one week, but I think that it will be more time because I have read a lot of experiences about purpuric treatments...
    A question: Do you know a product or a trick to reduce the time of recovery of the skin before the Purpuric V-Beam? I'm curious about it

I'm actually thinking about getting my nose bruised at my next (3rd) V-beam session. While it's pale at times, it randomly turns pink on others and then often flushes in the afternoon/early evening for a few minutes before going back to normal. Really frustrating and annoying and it makes me self-conscious about being in public in the afternoon for fear that it will decide to flush.

Would it be a good idea? I've read before that bruising pretty much makes blood vessels explode so if my nose still acts up afterward I'll be surprised.

Retired Moderator

Miss D-
    I would echo Melissa's statement above a bit. I am usually a big proponent of purpuric V-beam with the caveat- for visible vessels. I am generally a nice pinkish hue. One of those people that is constantly told, "Oh, you look like you have gotten some sun."

Anyway, the purpuric V-beam has worked well for visible vessels, but as for the general redness, not so much. I don't know how that compares to what you describe per se, but I can tell you that while purpuric treatment has resolved many of my vessels, it didn't punch white holes into my skin so to speak. So, I don't know that it would particularly help you.

That said, I am in no way trying to discourage you and might add that I don't think it will make anything worse, just that it possibly might not provide the benefit you desire.

And yes, it does make them explode for a basic description of its action.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowred View Post
    thanks a lot Melissa

In 3 weeks more or less I'm going to have a purpuric sessions of V-Beam, and I'm afraid about the time of recovery... the doctor told me that it would be one week, but I think that it will be more time because I have read a lot of experiences about purpuric treatments...
    A question: Do you know a product or a trick to reduce the time of recovery of the skin before the Purpuric V-Beam? I'm curious about it
    The only thing I would recommend is to avoid anything that would thin the blood for 10 days prior to your VBeam. Like ibuprofen, aspirin, garlic, etc. Other than that I do not know of any treatment that would lessen recovery time. Some people say arnica and some say vit K. If you do a search you can find out more about this but I have no personal experience with these.

Good luck!

Melissa