Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About V-Beam

Default About V-Beam

Hi everyone, I would like to know if V-Beam is effective also with not visible Capillary/veins ... I have a chronic rednes on my nose and some on my cheeks, but I can't see my capillaries/veins, so I have a general redness but is impossible to see the blood vessels... my derm told me V-Beam for my redness, what do you think about V-Beam with not visible blood vessels?? It can be effective?

It is for me. For instance I don't have visible capillaries on my nose but it has turned back into a much paler colour (pretty much white). I have heard that IPL is better for diffuse redness, but I would give v-beam a shot!

thank you.

Valby, How many V-Beam sessions have you had? They were purpuric or non-purpuric? The doctor told me that a purpuric sessios worth like 3 o 4 non-purpuric sessions, so I think that I will start with a purpuric session...

I'm interested in this too - currently deciding between v-beam or a yag/IPL combo. I also don't have visible capillaries.

I have only had two. On the areas that seemed to have diffuse redness it seems to have worked the best. I have one area on my cheek which has visible capillaries and they haven't gone which is a bummer. I may ask for it to be turned up on that area when I go back in July. Although I am on Accutane so I may be better off with doing more sessions of the lighter laser....

Smile V beam

Quote Originally Posted by yellowred View Post
    Hi everyone, I would like to know if V-Beam is effective also with not visible Capillary/veins ... I have a chronic rednes on my nose and some on my cheeks, but I can't see my capillaries/veins, so I have a general redness but is impossible to see the blood vessels... my derm told me V-Beam for my redness, what do you think about V-Beam with not visible blood vessels?? It can be effective?

I most definitley think its effective. i had my first vbeam treatment 2 day ago, and i'd have to say i am very pleased with the results that i already see! i had a mild case of rosacea on my cheeks. my cheeks would flare up sometimes so bad that i would feel severe burning they would be so red! i do have some broken capillarys due to it, but after the 1st treatment the redness is just about gone and i dont even see the broken capillarys that were well i thought bad. The only down fault of it, is my cheeks and jaw line is still a tad bit swollen. it more looks like welts. but its going down. if you dont want to have the Vbeam just have your derm prescribe metronidazole cream. it works great and hasnt dryed out my face. best luck to you!

Default The VBeam

I have had wonderful results with the V-Beam Treatments. I can't believe how much my face has changed...I go out of the house without make-up and with confidence. Every now and then I go back to the doctor if I get a flare up for an additional treatment. The best thing was that my Doctor and his office bills insurance for the Rosacea treatments. All I had out of pocket was my copay! I had seen some dermatologists and they all said "not covered" - well it is a covered benefit if you deem it medically necessary. Life changing...if any of you are in the NJ area....message me and I'll give you info if you are interested.

Default Did this doctor ask you to come here and sing his praises?

Quote Originally Posted by sew1974 View Post
    I have had wonderful results with the V-Beam Treatments. I can't believe how much my face has changed...I go out of the house without make-up and with confidence. Every now and then I go back to the doctor if I get a flare up for an additional treatment. The best thing was that my Doctor and his office bills insurance for the Rosacea treatments. All I had out of pocket was my copay! I had seen some dermatologists and they all said "not covered" - well it is a covered benefit if you deem it medically necessary. Life changing...if any of you are in the NJ area....message me and I'll give you info if you are interested.
    Hi sew1974,

We appreciate you coming here to share your experience and please do not take offense but did this doctor you are raving about ask you to come here and tell members about him and then tell them to PM you for more info?
    We do not allow spamming here and these are the tactics usually taken by people asked to do this by their doctors. Rave about them and then tell members to PM them for more info.

So, while we appreciate the sharing of genuine experiences we would ask that you refrain from telling people to PM you for more info. Everything above board here and we do not allow advertising. So if you could just clarify your position it would be greatly appreciated. That is, did this doctor ask you to post your experiences here.

Thanks very much,
    Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa W; 15th May 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Default Response to your question

I thought this site was for people looking for information on Rosacea. I happened to have a great experience that could help other people, that is why I am on here. As previously stated this doctor has helped me to a point that it has been life changing. No I was not asked, but rather want to "sing his praises" as he has impacted my life so much. I thought sharing my experience could help someone else.

sew1974

WHAT A TOTALLY FAKE POST.......!!!