Thread: Brown Spots 5 weeks Post Treatment Vbeam - Permanent?

Default Brown Spots 5 weeks Post Treatment Vbeam - Permanent?

Hello,

I am new to this site but I am so glad that I found it. I do not have rosacea, but I have very large birthmarks that my doctor has likened to rosacea on my leg (about 70% of leg) and other parts of my body (lower back and spot on chest). I finally decided to laser it off at beginning of year. I first tried one laser that was not very effective..I think you call it ipl?

I then went back over 5 weeks ago and got the vbeam on a large quantity of my leg and lower back. I had what everyone else experiences - redness, major swelling, etc. But now, 5 weeks post treatment I have lightish brown spots on top of what was originally red which makes it look ten times worse Will these brown spots ever leave? I feel like I did worse by getting laser treatment.

I see that many people talk about the redness and swelling but has anyone experienced these brown spors at 5 weeks? Are they permanent?

Thank you for taking time to read. Any similar experiences are truly welcomed.

Julie

Yes, yes, yes. I get the brown marks every time I have pdl. They usually last for a couple of months and then one day I just realise they are gone. They do always go though.

Funnily enough it was mentioned in this thread today:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=18145

Welcome to the forum julie

Ah, I didn't think to look in the general section.

So they will eventually go away...that is music to my ears. I was thinking I had wasted my time and money to look worse. Well, I still might have, who knows if the vbeam worked. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thank you so much!

Julie

Hi -

I got these too, many on my chin and jawline, wasn't sure what they were for awhile... I didn't get them on my cheeks though. Thought my PDL went haywire! Anyway, yes, they do fade, but take time. I've since had four IPL's (spaced 4-5 weeks apart) and they have faded some of my marks more. Nervous to get another PDL done (does help with the redness and stubborn veins around the outside of my nose though) as I don't want the marks back!

Hope this helps.

Yvette

That does help. Thanks!

So getting another treatment fades the brown spots? Or should I wait, let's say 3 months, and then see what my skin decides to do?

Julie

[QUOTE=Yvette;214012]Hi -
    as I don't want the marks back!

Amen i second that sister!

Hi Julies,

Well, I'm not sure if you will get more spots and then they will fade or not. I didn't notice the hyperpigmentation (red/brown dot marks from what looks like the laser) with my first PDL, but my second. I stopped after two PDL's as my acne/folliculitis was flaring. I opted to do a round of IPL's with another Derm. I go to. These have helped a lot with the flares. I've also been taking Oracea and a host of vitamins/anti-fungals/probiotics. I do have a few stubborn veins around my nose and one above my lip that I'd like to get rid of though - my current Derm. said a few PDL's or Diode laser would get these lighter or eliminated better than IPL. I'm nervous though - my skin is so much better than it was 6 months ago and I don't want to aggravate it somehow.

Yvette

Yvette, you've given me a good idea - I will go see someone for a second opinion, and hopefully a little cheaper price tag too (my 30 minute sessions cost $700. Is this normal?) I'm going to wait for the end of summer so I can hide my leg when I get it done, because it's now 6 weeks after last vbeam treatment and still looks worse than when I started.

Before I started the laser I used to tan (bad, I know!) and then apply that thick spray on makeup and that would make me feel less self conscious. I may just have to resort to that again.

Thanks again for your advice.

Julie