Thread: Looking for reviews of either of these 2 products

Question Looking for reviews of either of these 2 products

Hello

I'm looking for reviews for

Vanicream Lite Lotion
    Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Lotion spf 15 (the one that is NOT tinted green)

I have rosacea, but my skin is not super dry, not even after applying Finacea/Metrogel. I would say without either topical, my skin is oily to normal, and after topicals more like normal to slightly dry.

I am trying to find out how heavy either of these 2 products are before ordering. In the past, some "sensitive skin" moisturizers or "rosacea friendly" lotions have proved to be too heavy. While helping with redness, they actually CAUSED acne (regular, comedogenic acne, not papules).

I did do some searches for these products, but there wasn't a TON on either, and what I did find wasn't too specific.

Would appreciate any input before ordering.

Thanks!

Hi mutantfrog,

I have tried Eucerin redness relief soothing lotion (without the green tint) and found it to be very nice. I stopped using it as my skin is dry and it is a very light moisturiser however I liked it very much and I sometimes use the night cream when I don't need a very heavy moisturiser.

I never tried the vanicream lite but Artist from rosacea support community and RSG has used it (not sure if she still does) and had given it good reviews.
    ETA: I just did a search and it seems she now uses the heavier cream version but really liked it. SO if your skin is on the normal to oily side it may be just the ticket for you.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...message/102251

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I have normal to oily skin and love the non-green Eucerin Redness Relief lotion. I haven't tried vanicream. I bought the whole Redness Relief Eucerin line (wrinkle stuff, night cream, green lotion) but didn't like the rest of the line. At night tend to get the occasional pimple if I use the nightime cream aside from which I really don't need it. Hope if you try it, you like it as well.

Oh that's good news so far! I was having trouble putting some of the feedback I'd found into perspective--like how dry is dry, etc.

Yeah I had tried the Eucerin nighttime cream--a little heavy for me, and seemed to cause increased redness--but found out that it contains an ingredient called "Myristyl Myristate", which is supposedly a skin irritant. So I've been a little hesitant to try other Eucerin products on my face. Though I use the 'calming moisturizer' all the time on my body and really like it. The Eucerin redness relief cleanser on my face seems to be a good one as well. Hm.

And I like that the vanicream lite does not have SPF in it (SPF of any kind typically gives me some acne, however, i would prefer acne to skin cancer so i deal with it...at least the physical sunscreens do not make me red which is a plus). So if i can avoid spf at least at night when I don't need it, that would be even better.

yay OK i think i will give both of them a try. Will report back with results...

Thanks melissa and wicked dish rag! I really appreciate the feedback

The Vanicream Lite is quite light and non-greasy. As long as you are not sensitive to any of the ingredients, give it a try.

ok, so to update:

I tried the Vanicream first.
    Pros: It did not sting, it did not smell, and it did not leave me greasy. It did not make my rosacea flare. I get "rosacea" along my cheeks, up around my eye sockets and slightly on my forehead (slightly above my eyebrow), and the sides of my nose.

Cons: It made the perioral derm I have on the corners of my nose, and under my lips/on my chin got NUTS. Like, overnight. Bright neon red in the way where you could clearly see the border between red/non red skin, like some one attacked me with a red marker. Turns out the ingredient Petrolatum is one of the big "dermatitis irritating ingredients". Whoops. I'd never correlated this ingredient with skin issues before, but my dermatologist was like "duh" when I told her.

And in closer inspection to the Vanicream Lite bottle, I must add, it also does not say "non comedogenic". Not that I had a problem with that aspect of this product, but if others are looking at it from an acne perspective as well--be warned.

So as soon as this flare finishes quieting down (had to increase my erythromycin oral AB dose and go back to putting finacea on...which i hate, it burns, and causes regular acne for me...but it does work on redness/sensitivity for whatever reason) I will trial the Eucerin Redness Relief product.

Mutantfrog

Thanks for the update, I was thinking about trying this product but as I am prone to getting spots I think perhaps not.

OK, so i got a chance to trial the eucerin redness relief for 2 weeks after my skin calmed down.

Pros: It did not make me break out. I also was able to be in the sun for a while and not burn (a miracle!). It did not smell, or leave me feeling greasy. my skin felt hydrated without over doing it. It did not sting/feel irritating on contact nor was my skin angry from it later in the day.

Cons: It did not make my redness "better". Rather, it did not make it worse. Or at least not noticeably--I've noticed I've been slightly redder lately, but it could be just from summer heat.

So overall i think i like it--my skin didn't feel out of balance while using this, and I felt better protected than wearing nothing.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone at some point