Thread: Improvement-Postfractional Laser Erythema with Light-Emitting Diode Photomodulation

Default Improvement-Postfractional Laser Erythema with Light-Emitting Diode Photomodulation

Improvement of Postfractional Laser Erythema with Light-Emitting Diode Photomodulation.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

interesting!! someone has already tried this laser or knows somone who got good results ???

In general, I don't think fractional laser is recommended for rosaceans.
    Too harsh for our sensitive skin.

I am skeptical about the results of the IPL/633 LED combo for rosacea and this is why.

IPL works by ( hopefully), constricting vessels and closing them, so it makes no sense to immediately increase the circulation with Red LED.
    I tried this last year. IPL one day and a session of 660 LED in a doctor's office about five days later. Keeping in mind I no longer respond well to IPL any more, on that occasion, I had felt I was slightly paler superficially, but during the next three days following the LED, I was redder than ever.
    I could actually feel the blood circulating in my face adding to the pressure I had at the time.

I can see LED post laser/IPL for photodamage being more beneficial. After all these people need the increased circulation.

I know the above links are studies and of course, studies are science based and therefore have great value, but my experience aside, it doesn't make sense. I feel people should treat these outcomes with caution.
    As with many rosacea studies.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Mistica

I agree with you that, as with any piece of information, it should be looked at critically. Just because it is a 'scientific' study doesnt mean that it will be relevant, useful, backed up and may indeed be at odds with other studies or subjective experiences.

re the fractional laser , I would agree, not good for rosaceans
    Last edited by phlika29; 30th April 2009 at 06:41 AM.

The rationale of those practioners using low level light in tandem with IPL/laser is that it suppresses post-treatment inflammation. This is, in itself, a good thing and it also might be tentatively suggested that this will lessen the likelihood of unwanted angiogenesis.

If you flush immoderately to low level light then this approach is probably not a helpful one, as Mistica rightly observes. ( BTW Mistica, I don't think constriction plays much part in the destructive process.)

If you have no care for testimonials from countless sturdy citizens and are moved solely by these sort of studies, it is no great leap to posit that that which is helpful for the sort of inflammation caused by destructive laser treaments will also likely prove helpful for inflammation per se.

In a word, it is no longer viable to peremptorily dismiss low level light. To do so would be very dumb.

Alot of people on forums get caught up in niggling facts about certain treatments, there are many aspects to red light therapy which is probably beneficial to rosacea. For instance the increase in fibroblast activity both within capilaries and within the collagen structures probably leads to improved resistance to damage from inflammation and dialation of the cappilaries (the cappilaries, no doubt will be much stronger when using light therapy). As someone has also said light therapy also lowers inflammation, it does doens of things and just because it can cause increased blood flow this doesn't mean it will, or that this is as negative as we percieve it to be...

I am a little confused as to the topic of this thread.
    I had thought, it was regarding RLT immediately following IPL/Laser rather than the possible benefits of RLT in general.

One of the links provided discussed RLT following IPL for rosacea, which in my personal belief and experience, doesn't make sense. Not with a powerful professional machine anyway.

Small, less powerful home units may well be different.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.