Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle IPL

Default Seattle IPL

Can anyone recommend any Seattle/Seattle area derms or doctors that you've had a good experience with IPL?

Thanks much!!

Default Seattle IPL

If you're willing to drive Dr. Darm who is an expert is in Oregon
    Arlene

Yikes... thanks arlene.. I thought about it but I am actually in the very most NW corner of WA state, so portland is a bit of a trek.

Default Dr Darm

Thanks arb and WC - I've actually decided to book a consult with Dr Darm after all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they've had experience with him?

I've heard good things about his IPL and bad things about his condensed protocol. Recommend from my IPL experience that you allow 3 weeks between treatments for the skin to calm down. Also I've had better results from the 590 filter than treatments using the shallow 560 filter. Expect it to take time to improve things.

I live in the Seattle area and drove down for a consult with Darm last spring.
    I had a consult with Darm who stated that he no longer does the laser treatments himself - he has a technician do them. According to him - they do not use ipl - but a laser for rosacea - I don't remember what machine they use - but at the time I remember thinking it was a pretty old machine.
    I was not very impressed with him - he spent about 5 minutes with me and was not very interested in my situtation. I have a pretty severe case.
    Also he said that they no longer do the condensed protocol.
    I would call them and ask about their treatment and who does them before you make the treck.
    Grace

me again
    There's also Dr. Coor in Olympia who has the new Lumenis One and seemed to be pretty knowledgable about rosacea.
    He was recommended by someone with rosacea who has had very good treatment with him.
    However my experience with him was not very good - I had pretty severe bruising and swelling after an ipl treatment with him. Yet I am told that it was because my case was so severe.
    good luck
    Grace

I have been to Dr. Daniel Berg at UW Dermatology several times. I found him on my own and later my regular derm said that is who she went to. He is careful and thus far I have had no bad reactions. Also he is a nice person.

Default interesting

So I have consultations booked with both Darm and Berg - Darm using IPL/yag combo and Berg using Vbeam.

I've heard lots of differing opinions on Dr Darm. I will make sure to ask the "penetrating" (lol I hate that word) questions....

I'll also be asking Berg why he thinks Vbeam is the best option for rosacea - apparently he has some convictions about that.

So roz, what kind of results have you had with Berg? How many treatments? And may I also ask how severe your case is, and what subtype? I'm fairly mild I think, with moderate pap's.

Grace - I'm gathering you decided not to see Darm? Have you had any good result thus far with Coors?

Thanks again