Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What supplement decreased your redness the most?

Default What supplement decreased your redness the most?

Just asking.

292 views.....no answers.....hahahhahaaaa

There is no simple answer that is why

If I had to say for you to try one I would go for vitamin D3. Not because it might be best for redness but because it might be best for your rosacea overall.

http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_...ad.php?t=17085

Hi Gauntlet,

I *think* the reason some folks don't reply to all your posts as there have been many posts and topics on what you're asking. Often your posts are "one line questions", such as does Grape Seed reduce redness? Does Lysine reduce redness, Does.... Some of your posts could combine your questions into one post. I'm not trying to be mean just my opinion.

While supplements do work some, unfortunately, there is no cure and often Rosacea is lessened by doing multiple things, diet or lifestyle changes, laser treatments, topicals, and antibiotics. I personally, take a lot of vitamins, and the ones I think that help the most are - Grape Seed, Pycengenol, Tumeric, Lysine, Probiotics, and HCL. Occassional IPL/Vbeams and Oracea. Again, what works for me, may not another. Everyone is different.

Yvette

Vitamin d3 has helped my flushing, it has been totally gone for the last 2 weeks (I have been on D3 and some other vitamins around 2 months in total). The last couple of days I have also tried to provoke flushing by eating foods with chili and hot spices which always gives me intense flushing (just to see if this is really true), and there was no reaction at all! Not even do I flush after intense sex! haha it's ****ing fantastic

The redness is very gradually improving as well, since I do not flush any more the blood vessels have time to heal. Read the thread phlika posted, it contains all info.
    Last edited by dpart; 2nd June 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Glisodin (superoxide dismutase) was reasonably helpful. Nothing spectacular mind.

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/ind...title=GliSODin

Talking Vitamin D3=Depart

That sounds great,on the Vitamin D3
    How much are you taking .any particular brand?
    I just cant get the flushing under control,I would eat a 5 gallon bucket full if it would help HA
    Thx Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ERIC THE RED View Post
    That sounds great,on the Vitamin D3
    How much are you taking .any particular brand?
    I just cant get the flushing under control,I would eat a 5 gallon bucket full if it would help HA
    Thx Eric
    I have listed what I'm using in the other thread (see quote below). If you are going to start supplementing with D3, I suggest you read the whole thread, it's loaded with useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by dpart View Post
    My first thought is that it's due to the Vitamin D3 (BIG thanks to Dan for he's knowledge and support), but I have also started on a more healthy diet including a lot of juicing. Mostly Vegetable juices (including ginger, lemon, garlic, pineapple, lettuce, spinach, beets, tomatoes etc). The juicing has been on and off every second to third day (from half a litre to a litre of raw juice), but the D3 has been consistent throughout the whole period. Between 2000IU to 4000IU and at most 5000IU a few days. I have been using both Life Extension pure VitD3 (http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...itamin-D3.html) and Fermented Cod Liver oil (http://www.greenpasture.org/retail/?...display&i=1088) also containing large doses of Vitamin A (10000IU to 15000IU). I have also consumed 1000mg of Calcium ascorbate (Vit C) each day and some multivitamins sporadically. The big difference from earlier though is the consistency to the VitD3, VitC and the juicing. Except for the above my diet is unchanged.

Dpart......

Have you started with a dose of 2000-4000IUs or have you built up to it slowly??

Also, did you have any initial negative reactions (ex. increase in flushing, etc)??

That's great that you've found some relief from your flushing!

Thanks for your help

Pennya.

I started out with the fermented cod liver oil, taking around 2000 IU VitD and 14000 IU VitA together with 1000mg calcium ascorbat and magnesium. Did that for 2-3 weeks (dont remember exactly), some days I took more (at most I took one tablespoon which is around 50000 IU VitA and 9000 IU VitD) and and some days less. After 2-3 weeks on that regime, I switched to pure Vit D3 supplement, because I wanted to moderate the amount of Vitamin A. I was just eating around 800-1200 IU VitD3 a day for some days and then I started consuming 2000-3000 IU. Did that for the rest of the period, always consuming 1000mg Calcium Ascorbate together with the VitD3. The last couple of weeks I have also taken a boost of the cod liver oil (~20000 IU VitA and 3600 IU VitD) once per week. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, will continue with the same amount for some more weeks and then do another blood test to see what my levels of VitA and VitD are. After the bloodtest I will probably up the amount if I'm still low (my initial blood test was borderline low).

I have also been juicing raw juices the whole period, some days more and some days less. Every day in the beginning, but more sporadic later. All in all I have consumed a truckload of raw organic vegetables, which is a huge change for me. I have tried to juice mostly vegetables and not so much fruit, because of the sugar load. Some examples of what I have been juicing: Tomato, squash, cucumber, garlic, lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit, pineapple, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, strawberry, grapes, celery, apples, beetroot, ginger, mango, bell peppers, blueberries, blackberries, and so on. I just juiced everything I found in the grocery store hehe

Regarding negative reactions, in the beginning I felt a little worse some days (very tired, felt a little sick, stomach bloating and gas etc), but other days I felt just fine. So there was no clear trend regarding negative reactions. There was no increased initial flushing, I do not normally flush after supplementation either, like some others on this forum. There was some small pimple outbreaks in my face and some large cysts on my back, but they healed pretty fast, leaving nothing behind. All in all it has been a steady improvement, and nothing near the negative reactions I had when starting with antibiotics. I remember the first two weeks on antibiotics, I was flushing insanely at almost everything.

This regime has helped so tremendously with the flushing that I'm believing that this is going to be a cure for me!!! If I can continue to prevent further flushing my skin will eventually heal up, and the redness will fade. I can see it is healing already, but it is a slow process.

In retrospect I believe that the most important vitamin in the whole regimen has been the Vitamin D. It's obvious that we need a lot of this Vitamin and I have been avoiding the sun like a plague the last couple of years ironically because I feared it would worsen my rosacea! ;) My condition was always better in the summer months, but I haven't been connecting it to Vitamin D before, I always believed it was due to temperature and maybe the bacteria killing properties of UV rays or something. Regarding the juicing and cod liver oil, they probably helped speeding up the process, I'm not sure actually, but it seems to be good for my skin and overall health, so I will definitely continue.

If you haven't tried VitD3 I would certainly give it a go, and hang in there you will eventually find something that works for you as well!
    Last edited by dpart; 3rd June 2009 at 09:50 PM.