Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skin and vein clinic wellington new zealand

Default skin and vein clinic wellington new zealand

Well i went down for a consultation last Tuesday.
    Had a chat to one of the laser physicians called Juanita, she told me she had seven years using lumenis one and has treated many rosacea cases though i didnt get exact numbers.

She has only ever done single pass treatments from what i can gather, and i think she maybe has not had the greatest success rate due to treatments being too far apart and only using a single pass.(pinkpunk on this forum might be able to elaborate on this because the day after i talked to Juanita pinkpunk had a treatment there and they did a double pass for the first time)

She was very reluctant to do a test patch she told me it was next to useless but i got one done anyway.

All in all she was proffessional and i think she has a lot of experience and could be good if she refind her technique to tackle rosacea. As she explained to me rosacea isnt the only thing she treats.

John im going to appearance institute in parnell on tuesday for a consultation, how are you looking feeling after your first treatment?

cheers Joe

Default sweet tooth

That's along drive wellington to aucks just for a consultation,Why are u differing from the lumenis one in wellington to the lumenis one in auckand,

Or is it just getting a second opinion?

Default hey

Its always sensible to do test patches,Its the only way to tell if Ur skin will reacted badly or satisfactory to the treatment,

Kind regards matt

hey Matt

Its not the machine im worried about its the person driving it that im interested in.

Yep drove to auckland from kerikeri then flew to wellington lol.

Just doing my homework.

Be good to know who youve seen and what you thought of them re laser Matt.

cheers

Default hey

I had an OK experience with dr le grice(pdl)
    I'm seeing dr mark gery at the moment ill keep u posted I've got another appointment on may 2nd im looking at doing more ipl for collagen stimulation,(Texture change)
    But i'm also curious about the Appearance institute,
    I'm keen to have a consultation as well,
    So keep me posted and ill be sure to keep u posted,

go kiwis

Kind regards matt

I think they mean well but the expertise isn't there IMO, although I don't think there would be much risk of harm due to the conservative nature of the treatments.
    I have seen listings in the Yellow pages under plastic surgeons who have 'medical grade' IPL machines, not sure if they'd be any better, have only ever been to the one place.

I have to say I have had noticeable results after my two pass procedure at the Appearance Institute... we left off the third 695nm filter as we wanted to be cautious.

I didn't clarify in my post but I was talking about the wellington v&s clinic not the auckland institute

Default passes

I'm not in Australia. But if I ever get rid of this disease I'm coming for a visit. But anyway, I have had really bad vascular Rosacea for almost 5 years now. In my experience, a single pass with one filter just doesn't cut it unless your Rosacea is fairly mild. A lot of the vessels that cause the flushing lie deeper in the skin. A lot of people do well with at least a double pass 590 or 560 filter then 640. The energy depends on the machine used (I'm talking IPL here). Its hard to find any practitioner, in any country who knows how to treat Rosacea. Unfortunately, you have to do your own research and try as tactfully as you can to tell them what to do. I was doing triple pass with a doctor who knew Rosacea well, unfortunately although I got improvement, I never got remission. Now I'm trying a new machine, with a new doctor. Double pass folllowed by a yag 1064. The first time I got blisters because the energy was too high- partially my fault because I gave the doctor the settings used on the other IPL. With some help from Solomon on this board (thanks again Solomon) and my own research I asked the doctor to adjust the settings by almost half because this IPL (Sciton BBL) is much stronger. Fortunately, he was very open to this and my second treatment went much better. Good luck to you all
    Arlene

I think my BBL treatment was at 520-does that sound reasonable? I need to really pay better attention next time. I had three passes at different filters, one for melanin sun damage and one for fine lines. Lots of zaps, lots and lots of zaps.

Hey! I'm in New Jersey too. Where did you go for your BBL?