Thread: 4 months of use, I think I am done.

Default 4 months of use, I think I am done.

Well, I know people say to go to 6 months, but I have used RLT for 4 months solid now. I have not noticed anything to indicate improvement. It just does not seem prudent to continue now since there are other things I want to try such as IPL or V-beam. Just does not look like it is going to be a solution for me. Anyway, just another data point.

In truth, I think four months is more than enough time to determine its usefulness to you. A great shame.

Anyway, on to the next thing! Onwards and upwards!

Yeah, I would think that you would see *something* within in a month or two if things were going to work. You may not achieve your maximum benefit, but shouldn't there be a hint of improvement? Is it realistic for nothing to happen for 6 months and then all of a sudden one would get improvement?

I think I would have noticed ANY sign of improvement I would have gone to at least 6 months. But, I did not notice any significant problem either. I still have a lot of bullets left with other treatments, but at least I now know it does not work for me.

A lot of folk have reported seeing subtle improvements in the appearance of their skin after two or three weeks; improvements in redness and so on usually coming quite a bit later.

If it was discovered that those who enjoy this skin improvement ineluctably go on to enjoy the vascular/inflammatory benefits - and that those who see no skin improvements do not, without exception, go on to experience the vascular/inflammatory benefits - people could save themselves a lot of wasted time!

Quote Originally Posted by hozer2k View Post
    Well, I know people say to go to 6 months, but I have used RLT for 4 months solid now. I have not noticed anything to indicate improvement. It just does not seem prudent to continue now since there are other things I want to try such as IPL or V-beam. Just does not look like it is going to be a solution for me. Anyway, just another data point.

Hello, hozer2k.

What kind of RLT have you been using? LED? If so, is it handheld or tabletop? What brand?

Did you do daily treatments? How long each session? How close to your face?

Thank you,

Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by hozer2k View Post
    Not that you need continue if you're seeing no results, but if you decide to continue, there is no reason you can't do IPL while using RLT. Many do and find the combined result greater than the sum of the parts. My derm actually puts me in a Gentlewaves LED unit after every IPL session.