Thread: New to rosacea, are these symptoms?

Default New to rosacea, are these symptoms?

I had cystic acne that developed throughout my last years of high school. I have taken a course of accutane (100mg) but only took it for 3 months... After this course I started to feel from the face to the back of my neck, a really indescribable burning sensation feeling.

This would happen especially when I would walk to my class in my university to a heated room in the winter. My face would just burn up and turn bright beet red and sting! It would get so bad that I would have to go back outside to the cold to cool me down... This never has happened to me before and it's only getting worse for me.

Are these symptoms of rosacea? My cheeks are usually never red till the flushing occurs either when its a sudden change in temperature in my environment or a slight nervousness or anxiety occurs that seems to trigger it. I am a very healthy individual, eat healthy and go to the gym 4-5 days a week... I don't know what to do any more it is really interfering with my life, especially around people...

Welcome, JimJo.

Yes, that is a symptom of rosacea although it could be a symptom of many other potential things as well. How long have you been off of Accutane?

Since no one can diagnose you over the internet though, perhaps a trip to the doctor and dermatologist is in order because if it is rosacea it's best caught and dealt with early.

Hi miss d, I have been off of accutane for about 6-7 month now maybe, not sure but my acne has came back again, and do you think the symptoms of rosacea could be triggering my acne breakouts also?

I am going to make an appointment with my derm today to see what he has to say I hope there would be a solution to this. I want my perfect skin back!

Sometimes bumps can appear with rosacea that aren't actually acne at all, and sometimes both acne and rosacea can co-exist so it can be hard to tell. If the lesions routinely appear after a flushing episode then they're probably rosacea-related.

I'm not all too familiar with Accutane so I don't know what the healing time after being on it would be... maybe someone else here knows. It could be that your skin is still a bit sensitive from it.

Don't worry, there are quite a few treatment options for rosacea if that's what you have and there's more on the way. The trick is working with your derm to figure out what works best, and in the mean time treat your skin as gentle as possible. No harsh scrubs or topicals, just a gentle wash and lukewarm water.

Good luck. With time and patience I'm sure you'll get your perfect skin back

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.