Thread: Has anyone tried BBL (Broadband Light)?

Default Has anyone tried BBL (Broadband Light)?

I've been to a derm in Sydney who uses a BBL machine and thinks it can be very successful on telangiectasia rosacea - has anyone had any BBL treatments? I've uploaded a brochure available on it. Thanking you...
    Attached Files

Default Sciton BBL

I've just had one treatment with this machine. Was not going to post until I got a few more. Make sure your doctor knows a lot about this machine. It is a lot stronger than most IPLs and be conservative with the energy. I gave the doctor (who admitted that he did not get a lot of Rosacea patients, but was willing to learn) the settings Dr. Johnson was using on the Lum one. They do not translate. Although I got good clearance on my redness and some reduction in flushing, I also got some blisters.There is a physician website www.medicalspamd where they discuss settings and Solomon Cox on this site (you might want to pm him, he has extensive knowledge. I think this machine has a lot of good treatment possibilities. The doctors who have it, love it. Since its stronger, less treatments are required. One doctor on the site starts with 11 joules and goes up one joule with each session.
    Arlene

Default THanks...

for the reply. The derm I saw has treated a lot of people with rosacea so that's good to know. Thanking you.

Default sciton bbl

No problem and please keep us posted as to how you do.

Default I just had my first treatment two days ago

I have a little bit of swelling but no blistering. I can't tell how well it worked yet. For a few hours after the treatment, it felt like I had a very bad sunburn. I was also treated for sun damage so it looks like someone sprayed my face with coffee grounds.

The doctor gave me a sample treatment several weeks ago, and the spots that he treated look great. That's why I made the appointments for the full series of three visits.

The derm I go to in Sydney has the BBL. I have only had v-beam done at this clinic but I believe he treats a lot of people with the BBL too.