Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Fat and Rosacea...

Default Body Fat and Rosacea...

I am curious if your body fat is too high if that makes your Rosacea worse? If you have too much fat in your face will that make your Rosacea worse?

Thoughts?
    Doug

Default Fat Face

My face has always been round with full cheeks. I certainly don't need inflammation making them look any rounder. I am wondering the same thing since several Rosaceans I've seen also have meaty cheeks. I did read somewhere that Rosacea can be brought on by weight-gain and that it might help to lose weight. (Although don't believe all that you read.) I am losing weight on the Rosacea Diet and my skin is looking better.

Well I'm quite thin and I'm also suffering rosacea, same thing with my mother and sister.
    But I must admit I'm also having full round cheeks!
    Now I was thinking, people with more body fat tend to have a higher blood pressure. And I may be wrong here but isn't a high bloodpressure apt to cause red cheeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Elke_ View Post
    Well I'm quite thin and I'm also suffering rosacea, same thing with my mother and sister.
    But I must admit I'm also having full round cheeks!
    Now I was thinking, people with more body fat tend to have a higher blood pressure. And I may be wrong here but isn't a high bloodpressure apt to cause red cheeks?

Have you always had full round cheeks?
    Doug

In the past 2 years Ive lost 55 pounds of fat and put on about 15 pounds of muscle. Ive noticed a significant reduction of redness in my face since becoming "healthy". I think just being lighter (less mass to move around) will lower your likelyhood of flushing due to less exertion on the body.

I dunno, guys. I see lots of fat folk with chubby cheeks and baby-tush skin. I particularly remember this woman in the health food store (clerk). She was really big but had luminous skin and long glossy hair. Total Kappa type.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

I am very thin and I have rosacea, I have never had a weight problem in fact the opposite, It is extremely hard for me to gain weight..

I too have always been considered thin, and sometimes too thin. I've always had a thin face as well and my heart health is considered better than optimal (117/76). I still have rosacea. The only thing that has worked for me so far was changes to my diet, but not for the sake of losing weight.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I dunno, guys. I see lots of fat folk with chubby cheeks and baby-tush skin. I particularly remember this woman in the health food store (clerk). She was really big but had luminous skin and long glossy hair. Total Kappa type.
    I totally agree with you Ghost. I work with a portly gentleman whos skin tone and color is near perfect. But, in myself, since loosing a bunch of weight, flushing and overall redness has definetly deminished. You cant say every over weight person is going to be red faced though because theyre heavy. That would be ridiculous. I just think an overweight person with rosacea would benefit from loosing weight.

Quite a number of recent studies that suggest that being fat promotes inflammation and that fat folk are more susceptible to inflammatory diseases. Imagine strolling about with a reservoir of Coke sloshing about the lower abdomen (which all the while is up to no good).

We cannot state with any certainty that rosacea is an inflammatory disease but inflammation certainly plays a role.