Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face to Face

Default Face to Face

For those of you who missed it, channel 4 (uk) last night ran a great programme about skin conditions and make up. Rosacea was one of the skin issues and it's worth a look if you need make up tips, it had a great twist. One of the girls has a Rosacea blog and it's really good, check her out, talonted lex.

It didn't cover medications, it really was about makeup and camouflage. It really made me want to be more open about my skin condition.

Thanks very much for that - I will try and watch it.

I think I am going to have to try wearing make up at the age of 46!

(I am a tom boy - so I don't want to but needs must I suppose?)

Puzzled

Rosacea is like buying a new car. You've never noticed how many people drive the same car as you, until you've bought it.

Lately I've seen how many people truly have a type of rosacea, and its staggering.

Yes that is so true!!!

The other day I saw three women in one supermarket all with various sorts of rosacea symptoms.

Sometimes I wonder if they know they have rosacea? I would love to ask them and see if it bothers them?

Puzzled

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzled View Post
    Yes that is so true!!!

The other day I saw three women in one supermarket all with various sorts of rosacea symptoms.

Sometimes I wonder if they know they have rosacea? I would love to ask them and see if it bothers them?

Puzzled
    I approached two strangers in a caring way, I explained that I have Rosacea first and asked if they minded me asking them questions about their condition, it was a risk and i fully expected them to tell me to "do one". But quite the opposite, I have become friends with one and we meet up for coffee and the other one stops if she see me and we have a quick chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    I approached two strangers in a caring way, I explained that I have Rosacea first and asked if they minded me asking them questions about their condition, it was a risk and i fully expected them to tell me to "do one". But quite the opposite, I have become friends with one and we meet up for coffee and the other one stops if she see me and we have a quick chat.
    It is absolutely shocking how many folks have some type of rosacea and/or other skin concerns. I've been left wondering if this is something that is on the upswing and if we are going to see more and more of this in the future. Is it a symptom of the modern age? Or did ancient peoples deal with all of these things, too? I have wanted to reach out to others a few times, as well, since being diagnosed... but I'm always afraid I'll offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    Oh that's great.

My only worry would be upsetting someone - either someone who was hoping their rosacea was not noticeable or making someone aware of rosacea when it hadn't bothered them before.

I have been looking at so many faces recently - seen some serious acne cases and possibly a lupus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    It is absolutely shocking how many folks have some type of rosacea and/or other skin concerns. I've been left wondering if this is something that is on the upswing and if we are going to see more and more of this in the future. Is it a symptom of the modern age? Or did ancient peoples deal with all of these things, too? I have wanted to reach out to others a few times, as well, since being diagnosed... but I'm always afraid I'll offend.
    I have thought about this as well - I see so so many people every day with rosacea or other similar conditions - I think those type of skin conditions are part of the whole family of conditions/illness/inflammations that originate from our way of living diet/stress/polution/life style etc etc - a modern age phenomena. I think that the conditions has excisted before, but not at the same ammount as today. And I think that many people are not so bothered by it really.. not my case haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    I have thought about this as well - I see so so many people every day with rosacea or other similar conditions - I think those type of skin conditions are part of the whole family of conditions/illness/inflammations that originate from our way of living diet/stress/polution/life style etc etc - a modern age phenomena. I think that the conditions has excisted before, but not at the same ammount as today. And I think that many people are not so bothered by it really.. not my case haha.
    I know how you feel. Mine bothers (and/or bothered) me, too. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzled View Post
    Oh that's great.

My only worry would be upsetting someone - either someone who was hoping their rosacea was not noticeable or making someone aware of rosacea when it hadn't bothered them before.

I have been looking at so many faces recently - seen some serious acne cases and possibly a lupus as well.
    I know what you mean, I would hate to upset anybody, so I explained that I have Rosacea and that I covered it under three layers of make up and that my skin was burning 24/7 so I gave my background info first. I'm sure they knew anyway. They both had type two with no pain, one lady had hers covered and the other lady was bare faced, she had a take me as you find me attitude to her condition, they actually felt sorry for me because my skin was on fire and i think they could see I was desperate to meet other people with the same condition.