Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregano oil - effects fading predictably

Yvette how do you take the ACV?

Hi Valby,

The ACV is a supplement, it has galic and ACV. I also have garlic supplements if I don't want the ACV.

Yvette

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301 View Post
    I wonder if I'd have any benefit from rotating monthly from doxy to oregano oil. I have mild-moderate type 1 rosacea, permanent redness mostly. (Which the O.O. has wiped out almost totally the past few weeks - I've never seen such dramatic results from anything like that before.)

I wish I'd known how effective antibiotics can be for type 1 rosacea... I might even throw a month of eurax into the rotation (assuming it helps me at all), to give myself a break from antibiotics. I think demodex do play a role in my permanent redness, because topical baking soda always clears me up for a few days, which I assume is due to it killing something.
    I had the same miraculous result from oregano oil the first time I used it, for almost a month. I was completely pale during that time, and not even being especially good with my triggers. Unfortunately, I have never had those incredible results again. I think it still helps a little, but not nearly to that degree. Topicals such as sulpher creams and Eurax do nothing for me.

I never really thought about it before since I take it daily anyway, but it turns out that psyllium fiber has been a big help for me, and its effects aren't temporary. Reduced gut-transit time, apparently. Now I'm thinking about cycling various antibiotics with probiotics. And maybe I should stop the fiber during the probiotic cycle...

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Yes, I would take the fiber at least 6 hours after taking the probiotic so as not to interfere with the probiotic. No need to stop it though if you don't want to. Also keep the antibiotic a few hours away from the probiotic as well.

Glad the fiber is helping you!

This sucks cause i really wanted to take the oregano oil.

Anyone know if grape seed extract works?

Hi,

I was also thinking of trying the oregano oil, but I'm pretty hesitant now, after reading all the posts about the effect lasting only only for one month or so.
    Did anyone tried to use it in rotation (as Steve suggested) and had good results?
    Did anyone have a lasting effect?
    I'm afraid that if I actually get good results with oregano oil and have "normal month" and then go back to my previous condition (some permanent redness and occasional breakouts), it will be very difficult for me to adjust to the redness again. I remember how bad I felt at times when my rosacea became worse, and really don't want to go through that again...

Hi -

If you take anti-fungals- oregano oil, olive leaf, garlic, grapefruit extract, neem, apple cidar vinegar, caprylic acid, echinacea, etc. You need to rotate them for them to be most effective. Fungus adapt well if you take the same supplement for a long period of time - the effects will lessen over time. Therefore, pick two supplements take for a few weeks and then rotate with another few.

Good luck.

Yvette

Thanks for the advice Yvette! I'll do some research about those anti-fungals.

Yesterday I decided to try taking the oregano oil and I had a very unpleasant experience.
    I mixed 3 drops of pure oregano oil in 300 ml of water (according to the instructions on the box) and after drinking it, my lips and tongue started burning really badly. It calmed down after washing my mouth with a lot of cold water and eating some cold food, but it was kind of scary.
    Is that supposed to happen? I know that 100% pure oregano oil is pretty strong stuff, but is that a normal reaction?
    Maybe 3 drops were too much... today i'll try adding only one drop to a glass of water and I hope to have a better experience.

by the way - how long should it take until I can see some results (or know that it's not working on me)?

Thanks,
    Yael.

Hi Moka,

Oh no, I haven't heard of that. Hmm. I wonder if if the liquid form is either too strong or if you had a reaction? I don't take Oregano oil, but occassionally Olive Leaf so I can't give you any input. Maybe someone else here can or you can check the internet for possible reactions. Regarding results, I take a lot of vitamins/supplements/supplements so they are all working together, but I'd say I saw some results after a few weeks on anti-fungals. The caprylic acid, UGN (grapefruit extract and neem), garlic, and olive leaf are the stronger ones I believe. Taking two types a few times a day (and rotate after a few weeks) have really helped along with the HCL and digestive enzymes.

Take care.

Regards,
    Yvette

I was warned at the health food shop the burning sensation is common for the drops. I always took capsules so I didn't have to deal with that.