Thread: Trying to find a good Cleanser

Default Trying to find a good Cleanser

Hi folks,

I have been searching and have tried a couple products but my sensitive has a bad reaction to them. Gets red and I get a burning sensation...think maybe I have some allergies or my face just doesn't like the chemicals.

Typically I try to use just water but it is hard to get zinc based sunscreens of with that.

Has anyone found a good, gentle cleanser that they use daily and that will remove sunscreen residue?

Thanks much! Joel

Hey Joel - I know what you mean, zinc is a b-word.

Here's what I use:

http://www.skin-etc.com/larotopufocr.html

the Toleriane line is very very good for sensitive skin. AND even better, it does a good job at taking off zinc.

Hope that helps!

PS If I want a little more cleaning power, I use clinique's mild clarifying lotion after washing. you can go to the clinique counter and pretend like you're buying it for your girlfriend or mom or something.

Which products have you tried?

Have you tried any cream cleansers? They are always the mildest. The 'Intral Cleanser' by Darphin is the most effective cream cleanser I've tried, by a long way. But its expensive...and also 'feminine' in smell and appearance...which gets to you...if you're not a girl. Still, cleans great.

Default Cleanser

I have tried so many sensitive skin cleansers with no luck, everything was still always so irritating. I went to a doctor yesterday who recommended the Aveno All Calm sensitive skin foaming wash. Not sure if you have tried that one yet. I bought it last night and it worked so well for me. I didn't burn or itch or get irritated afterwards. I felt like my face was clean afterwards too. I also bought the All Calm redness reducing moisturizer which I really liked as well.

My favorite is dermalogica ultra calming cleanser. It's pricey though and doesn't remove makeup very well. The great thing about it is it doesn't irritate at all.

The dermalogica ultra calming cleanser is my favorite cleanser too!
    It's the only cleanser that doesn't aggravate my skin but still takes off sunscreen well.

Great! Thanks all! I know that different products work differently and that we all are more sensitive to certain chemicals more than others. This really helps me out, and I have some new ideas to try. Sounds like a couple of you are having good luck with the dermalogica. I just might have to give that one a try : )

Again...thanks for all your posts. much appreciated!
    Joel

Default my favorite cleanser

The best cleanser I have ever used is MARIE VERONIQUE ORGANICS OATMEAL HONEY CLEANER.
    This is the only cleanser I have used that doesnt irritate my very sensitive skin and actually calms my skin down dramatically for a while. I get out of the shower and my face is pale and cool. It is kinda pricey though..It has only natural ingredients like oats, green tea, honey, aloe vera, kelp and irish moss..

I had no success with Eucerin, clinique, Aveeno or a vast number of other cleansers..I finally found this product and its great...

good luck..
    take care,

John