Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exercising

Default exercising

can exercising damage your face? Mine feels extremely hot when i exercise and i was wondering if i am damaging it it if i exercise for an hour or so while it being so flushed?

I dont think it is a good idea to induce an intense flush. You put stress on your vessels when you flush and i have always found that if I flush, then I am more prone to continued flushing. If you can break the cycle of flushing then all the better.

Can you perhaps exercise for shorter periods of time or alter the exercises so that you dont flish so much? How about using a fan?

I think exercise is helpful overall to our rosacea. I agree with Sarah that it is best not to overdo and induce a huge flush but if you can somehow manage to work out in a cooler environment with air circulating you may be able to work up a good sweat without flushing like crazy. I know that when I work out in a hotel gym when I am away I always get a big flush but when I do it at home in a controlled environment I get a great workout without the flush. So it could just be a matter of working out under controlled temp and air flow conditions for you too. And it is a huge help to my psyche and my rosacea. I feel better working out and my face does look better. I have been thinking about this and I wonder if it is due to depleting the neuropeptide chemicals when working out and sweating which in turn helps the flushing.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Melissa,

I haven't worked out in 3 months (Surgery) and worked out today and was shocked at the flush I had. I left the class:-( Almost in tears!
    You mentioned neuropeptide chemicals depleting - is there anything natural I can take to increase those levels?

Thanks

Hi Cory's mom,
    I'm sorry you had such a stressful exercise class

To deplete the neuropeptides it is necessary not to be in a cool/cold environment but rather keep your ambient temp steady which is almost impossible to do 24/7.

Read this article when you get a chance as it will explain the warm room flush theory in detail.

http://rosacea-support.org/the-warm-...ways-knew.html

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Yesterday I didn't work out. I usually work out at least 3 times a week in my home. I have a treadmill i walked on at a fast pace i have a fan on in the room and the a/c running. i also have an cool ice pak gel by my side i try to keep my face kind of cool but as i walk i feel my face flushing. later b/4 i take a shower i wash my face and take off my makeup and my cheeks are always red. yet last night my cheeks were not red. so for sure its the exercising that makes me flush and i even sometimes have some tiny bumps come out on my neck. but when i dont exercise they are calmer. but i need to exercise to stay healthy and fit. its not much of a work out i walk fast for about 30 minutes than some 3 lb weights for my arms which is really not doing much and then sit ups. its as light of a workout as possible yet i still flush.

Missy you are blessed that you feel your skin is better cuase of exercising mine surely is not.

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hi Alba ,

It might be the sit ups what causes the flushing (more than the actual walking, that is). You may want to try just walking for a couple of days to see what happens. I stopped doing sit ups a long time ago because they made me flush every time, walking doesn't if the room is cool and the fan is on - an if I keep it at 3 miles per hour with not too much incline.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks Auburn, that's a good idea i will try this for the rest of the week see how it goes. any other idea on a good exercise for the stomach mostly lower part.

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

If you think you have a particular problem with sit-ups then that does rule out quite a number of ab exercises which, fundementally, involve your bum and or back being on the floor.

Here are two which require two rather different body positions (and are, frankly, better than sit-ups.)

(It is ridiculously difficult to find exercise videos which are entirely bereft of raciness so of the two here, one might find favour with gentlemen; the other, with ladies. I am very fair minded.)

You do not need to include the squat in this exercise. If you bring the weight down with increased speed a greater demand is made upon your abs to retard its progress.

There are variations on the plank that can be readily found. And ladies, what a delightfully subtle shade to those drapes!

Thanks GJ, good ideas!

Alba