Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyratine-XR

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Done!
    May I present...
    Darlene

I look good with a crown

I almost can't stand this company now.....those pictures are a joke.....and that other product of their's they came on here & spammed lot's of us out of $150 on a cream that didnt do squat!

They are looking to pray on us again for sales......that hurts.....having a fairly bad case of rosacea and having it for so long makes people easy targets for scamming....if this company really believed this product worked they would offer samples at a super good deal (like $5 for s&h charges only) and not come on here posing as a rosacea sufferer.....that's really really low in my book....and it is more than obivious that this oppy55 is on the payroll with them.....and does NOT have rosacea!

Like I have said in many threads about the original product....it didn't do squat for anyone and made matters worse for most.....that's why you don't hear anyone saying how they have used the original & seen great results.....shame on them!
    Dx 1998

Default Depends

Quote Originally Posted by man_from_mars View Post
    How do they pull the "cosmetic" move off anyway?

What's the difference between this stuff and an actual drug that is required to go through Phase III type testing of say 100 -1000 people before this promotonal campaign ?
    Depends where you are. In the U.S. the FDA recognizes substances as either a "cosmetic" or a "drug", they can however be classified as both.

Cosmetics do not require premarket approval from the FDA, drugs do.

Cosmetics are substances meant to improve appearance basically. Drugs are substances intended to treat a disease. There appears to be a fine line in the "cosmeceutical" realm, which is to say that many cosmetics are marketed as being beneficial to a disease but not classfied as a drug to treat same by the FDA. They all should be classifed as both drug and cosmetic imo, but for some reason they are not.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Must say they do a good job of making it look and sound like a drug rather than a cosmetic

...except for the dopey fireman in the ad

On March 14, 2009, I will have completed a year using Pyratine- 6 lotion. (I tried the cream but it made my skin break out.) I still like it as much as ever-- the first moisterizer I've ever been able to use. In this year, I have only used two 2.5 oz. tubes. I use a pea size glop twice a day while my face is slightly damp. I have had acne rosacea since I was 13 years old. Today, I have no breakout and my face skin is smooth, a little pink on my chin. Though it is expensive, I think I've actually saved money this year from not running out and buying the newest cream every month. Will I try the the new one? I really haven't decided yet.

That's great

Do you use anything else for p and p's or just the lotion?
    What did you use for your pand p's before the lotion?

Thanks,
    Melissa

I still am using the creme and think it's the best moisturizer I've ever had, as far as toning down redness it's so subjective, as I've had multiple IPL/Laser TX and am taking Oracea daily. But it is the only topical I've been using since last Feb./March. I will definitly be buying the Pyratine/RX as soon as it comes to public sale...

I have used the Clarisonic Brush with the delicate brush for 9 months ( love it) and just today, started using the sensitive brush head. I do not take any antibiotic. I take 1L-lysine, 1 tagamet, 1 aspirin, and 1 anti- histamine. At night, I put a layer of zinc oxide on my cheeks, nose and chin, and for me that is the best. I try to follow a healthy diet, but actually the only things that I know that bothers me is alcohol and spicy foods. Before I started using the Pyritine- 6, I didn't use any moisterizer, which some times I really needed. Until about 2 years ago I also used Benzclin for spot treating. I don't go to the Derm now except for a mole exam every year or so. She never mentions Rosacea and I don't either. None of the topicals worked for me and I didn't like using the antibiotics. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by dallascowgirl View Post
    At night, I put a layer of zinc oxide on my cheeks, nose and chin, and for me that is the best.
    Hi there,
    can I ask you what type of zinc oxide ointment you are putting on your face?

Thanks,
    Sunshine

I use Zinc Oxide Ointment USP skin protectant from Wal- Mart. Zinc Oxide 20 %- inactive ingredients :light mineral oil, white petrolatum, white wax in that order. It's 3 or 4 dollars for a 2 ounce tube. It is manufactured by Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by dallascowgirl View Post
    Before I started using the Pyritine- 6, I didn't use any moisterizer, which some times I really needed. Until about 2 years ago I also used Benzclin for spot treating. I don't go to the Derm now except for a mole exam every year or so. She never mentions Rosacea and I don't either. None of the topicals worked for me and I didn't like using the antibiotics. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting now.
    Is it possible that some of the benefits are just from using a moisturizer? It seems like you are also doing a lot of things to your skin...how are you confident that Pyritine is what is helping? Could it be something else or other combination of things you have done?