Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyratine-XR

Default Pyratine-XR

Post your results for Pyratine-XR here. Pyratine-XR is an otc topical that is being sold as a treatment for rosacea.

http://www.pyratine-XR.com
    Last edited by oppy55; 6th March 2009 at 03:12 AM.

Default Pyratine-XR

Pyratine XR(TM) Launches at 67th AAD Meeting, Offering Hope to 14 Million Rosacea Sufferers
    Thursday March 5, 9:25 am ET

- Positive results from Pyratine XR(TM) rosacea-specific study also slated for presentation at American Academy of Dermatology Meeting on March 8, 2009 -
    NAPA, Calif., March 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Senetek PLC (OTC Bulletin Board: SNKTY - News), a life sciences company engaged in the development of technologies that target the science of healthy aging, announced today that Pyratine XR(TM) is officially launching at the American Academy of Dermatology's 67th Annual Meeting in San Francisco, March 6-10, 2009, at Booth #5736. In addition, positive study results from a clinical trial of Pyratine XR(TM) in patients with rosacea will be presented.

Dr. Arisa Ortiz, Clinical Research Fellow in the Department of Dermatology at the University of California, Irvine, will be presenting the abstract, "Long-term Efficacy and Safety of Topical PRK 124 (0.125%) Lotion (Pyratine XR(TM)) for Improving the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea," at the March 8th Residents & Fellows Symposium. A highly selective process, 23 abstracts are accepted for oral presentation.

The rosacea-specific study data demonstrated that Pyratine XR(TM) showed continual improvement for all of the major symptoms of rosacea - redness, lesions and spider veins - throughout the entire course of 48-week treatment period. This suggests that Pyratine XR(TM) may offer important advantages over currently available treatments for rosacea, many of which have issues with long-term tolerability. Since rosacea is a chronic condition that often requires extended treatment periods with topical agents that can cause high skin sensitivity, treatments that provide sustained relief of the signs and symptoms of rosacea are needed.

Eighteen subjects with mild-to-moderate rosacea participated in a 48-week clinical trial at the University of California, Irvine, to assess the effects of Pyratine XR(TM) (0.125% furfuryl tetrahydropyranyladenine) in improving the clinical signs and symptoms of rosacea. Subjects were evaluated through physician assessments of inflammatory lesion count (papules and pustules), severity of erythema (redness) and telangiectasia (spider veins) and overall clinical improvement, as well as through patient assessments of signs and symptoms of rosacea and skin tolerance.

After 48 weeks, there was overall clinical improvement in 80% of subjects, including reduction of erythema and papules. The investigators saw continual, statistically significant mean improvement with Pyratine XR(TM) treatment, including a 90% improvement in lesions, 45% improvement in erythema and a 28% improvement in telangiectasia. The product was well tolerated, and in an earlier assessment of 24 patients, there was a 41% mean improvement in skin dryness as early as week four, with results continuing to improve over the 48-week period. Pyratine XR(TM) produced a significant improvement in skin barrier function at weeks 4 through 48 as measured by a decrease in water loss from the skin.

According to the National Rosacea Society, more than 14 million Americans have rosacea, yet only a small fraction are being treated. The chronic skin disease can affect adults and children of any skin type. While the cause is unknown and there is no cure, scientific advancements are now offering rosacea sufferers hope and a way to control the signs and symptoms of this potentially life-disruptive disorder.

For more information, please visit Senetek at Booth #5736 or online at http://www.PyratineXR.com

Does anyone know when this is out in the UK and if it will help against flushing?

oppy55.....do you work for this company and are promoting it here on the forum??

I find it odd that you only post about this "miracle" topical cream and nothing else on the forum.

Just a note for other forum users....many bought the original lotion/cream and found it not to help their rosacea....for me it increased redness and broke me out....and it is outrageously expense.....I am thinking this company should offer free trial size samples and not expect anyone to buy this expense cream outright.
    Dx 1998

Yes, I agree with Darlene.
    Of all your posts they all seem to be about this pyratine topical.
    Please state your affiliation with the company oppy.

Retired Moderator

Wow, Lookout and Missy, you two bring up an excellent point.

54 posts over a year plus and not one outside of pushing a product? That certainly seems questionable. One would think that in over a year, one single other topic in the entire world would have piqued a person's interest. One comment? One thread? Anything?

So, if it looks like spam, smells like spam, it must be...?

Lookout, thanks for bringing up an excellent point.

Rob

I am getting good at this game! I have bagged 2 spammers on the forum now!!!!
    Dx 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    I am getting good at this game! I have bagged 2 spammers on the forum now!!!!
    We will have to make you Queen of spam control

oooooh goodie I have never been Queen of anything in my life!!! Thank you, Thank you!! I accept
    Dx 1998

Default You are welcome!

Done!
    May I present...
    Darlene