Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot keep my skin hydrated enough!

Default Cannot keep my skin hydrated enough!

I hate this cold weather! I moved out of Michigan for a reason... How do you keep your skin looking fresh and healthy during the cold weather?

I put my makeup on in the morning and by 10 am I can see it caking up on the dry patches on my cheeks. So frustrating...
    Andrea

Hi,

Well, I would start by drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day, depending on how much activity you do, how much you weigh ect.

This site can explain on how to get healthy skin far better than me, so have a good read: http://www.skinhelp.co.uk/.

Hi Andrea,

I use Eucerin cream before I apply my dermablend and it does help keep my face more hydrated looking as the cream is pretty heavy duty. If you do not have dry skin don't try it but if you do it could help. Also, a humidifier can be helpful at night. If you have radiator heat you can just use a bowl of water in the room. And lastly, if need be, I remoisturize throughout the day. I carry baby wipes and if I need to I remove my makeup, reapply Eucerin cream and then reapply my dermablend to keep my face looking dewy fresh

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Unhappy

I've tried the Eucerin based on your recommendations (from last year) and my skin doesn't like it. It makes me itchy and my skin burns so bad, I want to rip it off! I like the Clinique anti-redness daily moisturizer, but the budget does not allow for Clinique right now.
    Andrea

I use purple emu super rich moisturizer rubbed into wet skin. works a treat.
    dx early 2006.
    current stategy;
    finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

Sorry Andrea, it is so impossible to find one thing that works for everyone and I am sorry it did not agree with you.
    For me the Eucerin original moisturizing creme does just the opposite. It calms my skin and feels very soothing. I also really like CeraVe cream and lotion. It is very gentle to my skin.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Just this month (May 2007), the results of a sizeable (120 women aged 25 to 50) 12- week randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical study on FloraGLO Lutein was published in the journal of Skin Pharmacology and Physiology.

The purpose of the study was to measure any skin benefit of oral and/or topical application of FloraGLO Lutein. It was conducted by Professor Francesco Morganti of the dermatology department at the University of Naples, Italy.

The study found that a daily oral supplementation with 10 mg of FloraGLO Lutein, taken over 12 weeks, increased skin photo-protective activity 250%, skin hydration 60%, lipid levels and elasticity 46%.

Importantly, when FloraGLO Lutein was administered in combined oral and topical treatment, the beneficial effects on the skin hydration, lipid levels and elasticity were even more pronounced. A 55% reduction in oxidative damage to the skinís lipid layer was also observed with the combined approach.

P.S. Forget about all creams and lotions and such. Applying a cream to dehydrated skin is like drowning a dehydrated person instead of giving him/her water.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Sorry Andrea, it is so impossible to find one thing that works for everyone and I am sorry it did not agree with you.
    For me the Eucerin original moisturizing creme does just the opposite. It calms my skin and feels very soothing. I also really like CeraVe cream and lotion. It is very gentle to my skin.

Best wishes,
    Melissa
    It's ok! You don't need to apologize. It works great on my legs in the Winter, so I'm getting use out of my gigantic tub o cream!
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by abraham51 View Post
    The study found that a daily oral supplementation with 10 mg of FloraGLO Lutein, taken over 12 weeks, increased skin photo-protective activity 250%, skin hydration 60%, lipid levels and elasticity 46%.

Importantly, when FloraGLO Lutein was administered in combined oral and topical treatment, the beneficial effects on the skin hydration, lipid levels and elasticity were even more pronounced. A 55% reduction in oxidative damage to the skinís lipid layer was also observed with the combined approach.

Interesting... vitacost sells this for $9.99! I might have to try it!
    Andrea