Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This has killed me

Default This has killed me

I don't want to sound self pittying, but I would appreciate an honest answer to a question:-

Today as in everyday I feel unberably low.

I lost my childhood to abuse, I lost my teen years to clinical depression sovial phobia and bullimia and rosacea, I never went out, lost any friend I had

I lost the last ten years to chronic faitigue disorder, a chronic mood disorder, depression, rosacea, hyperhyfrosis and social phobia i have no friends, they have gone, everyone i meet end up hating me, I dont go out, I have lost my career

two days ago i walked to the park and sat rthere for a few hours watching people be happy, i went home and my face burned with unrelenting pain and gortesque redneess ever since...............

Am I self indulgent and self pittying to think this life is just to much to bare and to unfair

Hi Drangle,

I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of these issues and that you have had such a tough time of it.

You are right in that life is unfair but you can make it into a good life.
    I know how it must seem impossible at this moment but you can turn it around. There is a reason for cliches such as "when life hands you lemons you can make lemonade" You don't have control over what life deals you but you do have control over how you react and what you do with it. You can make your life wonderful and worthwhile but you have to be strong and determined and believe in yourself and know you can do it.

First things first. If you can get a handle on these issues that are consuming you things will feel much more manageable.

Are you seeing a therapist to help you deal with the childhood trauma you went through? It is very important to be able to talk to a professional who can help you come to terms with the psychological pain you have experienced so you can heal and move forward and enjoy your life. There is no time limit on this meaning that you should have someone you can talk to for as long as you need it.

What have you tried for your rosacea symptoms?
    There are so many treatments that I am sure you can find some that will give you a better quality of life regarding your rosacea. Tell us a bit about the treatments you have tried.

You can get through this and be happy. It will take some work but for all you have experienced you can do it. It is worth it.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

drangle, listen to me. Forget about red light therapy and all topical and internal treatments. Find a doctor who does Vbeam and ask for a purpuric treatment. Non-purpuric Vbeams are a huge loss of time and money. Most practitioners fire the Vbeam waaay too far apart. The dark purple impacts should completely cover your cheeks and nose. No white spaces in between. You can even do stacked purpuric treatments if you want but this is usually not necessary. 80%-90% of your redness/burning/flushing will be gone after 3 months. The results of purpuric treatments usually take as long a 3 months to appear fully.

What's good about purpuric Vbeams are they work for about 98% of rosaceans. Non-purpuric Vbeams work for about 50% of people and this is after many many treatments.

Please do this for yourself. Good luck!

P.S. Your cheeks will be purple for a month and your cheeks will have traces of the impacts for roughly 2-2.5 months but hell it's worth it.

P.S. 2. WEAR SUNSCREEN BEGINNING AFTER YOUR VBEAM SESSION AND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Trust me, the UVs cause terrible angiogenesis.
    Last edited by abraham51; 23rd February 2009 at 09:14 PM.

P.S. 3. After the Vbeam, AVOID ANY red/infrared/yellow light therapy. For me, red/infrared/yellow therapy creates a lot of new vessels. This seems not to be the case with everyone but be carefula nd don't take any risks. In fact, DON'T DO ANYTHING BEGINNING AFTER YOUR PURPURIC VBEAM AND FOR 3-4 MONTHS APART FROM SUNSCREEN.

Abraham,

Red light is helpful for many people so you shouldn't tell someone not to try it because you feel it did not work for you. It has given some of the members here (TP, IowaDavid, Peter, Banshee to name a few) their life back so to be so dismissive of low level light therapy is callous considering it can work wonders for people where nothing has helped before.

And I would be most interested as to where you get your statistics concerning VBeam. 98%, my, that is quite impressive. Please link us to those statistics abraham if you would be so kind.

Melissa

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abraham51 View Post
    drangle, listen to me. Forget about red light therapy and all topical and internal treatments. Find a doctor who does Vbeam and ask for a purpuric treatment. Non-purpuric Vbeams are a huge loss of time and money. Most practitioners fire the Vbeam waaay too far apart. The dark purple impacts should completely cover your cheeks and nose. No white spaces in between. You can even do stacked purpuric treatments if you want but this is usually not necessary. 80%-90% of your redness/burning/flushing will be gone after 3 months. The results of purpuric treatments usually take as long a 3 months to appear fully.

What's good about purpuric Vbeams are they work for about 98% of rosaceans. Non-purpuric Vbeams work for about 50% of people and this is after many many treatments.

Please do this for yourself. Good luck!

P.S. Your cheeks will be purple for a month and your cheeks will have traces of the impacts for roughly 2-2.5 months but hell it's worth it.

P.S. 2. WEAR SUNSCREEN BEGINNING AFTER YOUR VBEAM SESSION AND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Trust me, the UVs cause terrible angiogenesis.
    I don't want to hijack this thread tonight, but Abraham, I have had at least 10 v-beam treatments. I would have to sit down and count as it may be more. While I am a proponent of purpuric level treatment, could you humor me if I start a new thread and link some of these things so I can research your findings and we could discuss some of your assertions in more detail?

In the meantime, lets go back to Drangle...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Abraham,

Red light is helpful for many people so you shouldn't tell someone not to try it because you feel it did not work for you. It has given some of the members here (TP, IowaDavid, Peter, Banshee to name a few) their life back so to be so dismissive of low level light therapy is callous considering it can work wonders for people where nothing has helped before.

And I would be most interested as to where you get your statistics concerning VBeam. 98%, my, that is quite impressive. Please link us to those statistics abraham if you would be so kind.

Melissa
    I visited over 5 dermatologists in the Paris region and they all said the same thing. This is a known fact in whole Europe I think and much less in the US. On American web sites (forbidden in France for a good reason), you always hear the 'purpuric treatments are not necessary' bull****.

You are right that red light therapy has benefited quite some people but it has also made quite some people more flushy and grown some vessels. It made me flushy and grew me quite some vessels. However, red light therapy is much less angiogenic than UVs for me. UVs are terrible in that aspect (10 times worse than red light therapy?).

Quote Originally Posted by boyandhisdog View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread tonight, but Abraham, I have had at least 10 v-beam treatments. I would have to sit down and count as it may be more. While I am a proponent of purpuric level treatment, could you humor me if I start a new thread and link some of these things so I can research your findings and we could discuss some of your assertions in more detail?

In the meantime, lets go back to Drangle...
    No problem. But not in this thread. By PM?

Back to drangle. You can't imagine how much relief you'll get from this treatment if you do it right (right settings and right aftercare).

Here are some good starting settings for ya (American dermatologists usually are no good at purpuric Vbeam settings I might imagine):

7.5J/cm², 1.5ms, cover rosacea zone + 2cm, no white spaces in between.

The less ms the more superficial vessels you'll target. Get someone with the new 595nm Vbeam. It better targets more deep vessels and targets less melanin so it's safer for more dark-skinned individuals (not very much though) and will NEVER cause hair loss.

People say there is no cure... well for inflammatory rosacea there is none (red light therapy maybe?) but for vascular rosacea there is purpuric Vbeams! The backside is you have to wear sunscreen for the rest of your life or the vessels will grow back but as the saying goes: "No gain without pain."

P.S. What amazes me the most that what I'm saying here is largely ignored and unknown on this forum and I sometimes feel bad for not promoting it more.
    Last edited by abraham51; 24th February 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Oh, I must say one more thing. This is clearly (when I say clearly I really mean CLEARLY) the most hard-core treatment available for vascular rosacea (for inflammatory rosacea it might help some but I have no experience there).

Some dermatologists might tell you to try topicals or internals or light therapy first. I think this is wrong. If you can stay home for a month (not everyone can do this) you'll be free of most of your rosacea (permanent redness, flushing and burning) after 3 months.

So if they tell you to try other things first tell them you don't want or that you already have. You have already lost enough time.

P.S. Here is a sunscreen that covers 100% of the purpura. I'm pretty sure this is the only one available on the market capable of this: The downside is you'll look like a total freak! A mud monster!

http://www.skin-etc.com/tobltispf60.html