Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosacea Trial

Same here
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hi Rob,

Im glad you are calling also. At least we can find out what it is. I agree with you I just want to try it maybe on my ears and see how it goes. But who knows maybe the study requires for us to use it all over, we will see. Im always looking around to see if it can benefit my poor daughter who I feel so bad that she had to inherit this from me. Yet I donít get it I got it till my early 40ís yet she is only 24 and has had it for about 4 years about the same time she has been w/looser boyfriend who has only given her aggravation after aggravation. I really do think that in her case it was brought on by total stress over the idiot. Sorry as she says TMI. Anyways hope something good comes out of our visit. We can at least find out what it is and stay on the look out for it to help not only us but all others!

Alba

Thanks Missy for the good wishes :O)
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Retired Moderator

Alba,
    Maybe instead of ridding herself of rosacea, she should be looking for a cure for boyfriend-assholus? I don't know if there is a cream for that or not, but I will look.

Send him up to Broward, I know people that can give him a one way trip to the Everglades.

Rob

Talking

Your such a cutie Rob, you always make me laugh! Beleive if there was a cream for that I would pay millions for it! One way ticket, God I wish!!! But unfortunately all I can do is pray that she wakes up one day and realizes what a mistake he is and that she is throwing away the best years of her life.

Again, you made my day with your cute/funny comments.

Alba

Hi Rob,

I went yesterday to my appointment. When I had called for the appointment I had tried to get some info over the phone about what they were testing etc but no luck had to go in person.

Yesterday when I got there I had to filled out about 5 pages one they asked my social security number which I left blank since I wasnít sure what they were offering.

Once I completed all the info they gave me a consent form to review which included info about their study. What they are testing is a new medication same format as Metro Gel. Some patients will be given the Metro Gel, others the new one being tested and the other a placebo. So I went in to see the doctor just to try to get more info maybe he knew more about rosacea treatments. NO luck the one who saw me is the one in charge of getting the people for the test she is heading the research, she knew nothing compared to what I know about rosacea! Never saw the doctor doing the study, but it appears he doesnít know much about rosacea either.

So total lot of time, but I had to give it a try. And the search continues.

Alba

Retired Moderator

Alba,
    Thanks for the info.

No sense wasting my time now! Thanks so much for the warning order. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained. Sorry it didn't work out.

I owe you one now. You want me to beat the crap out of the boyfriend? Back in the day I might have offered to date your daughter but now I am probably twice her age and married- so that may not work out. I don't want to rule it out altogther though, let me check with my wife first.

Thanks again.

Yours,
    Rob

Rob,

You are so funny, your comments on this website always make me laugh so much!

At this point honestly the sound of her dating somone twice her age would not be so bad as long as the guy would have a career and a future for himself. This boyfriend is nice but has no future for himself non the less for her. This has been going on for 5 years! so you can see what aggravates my rosacea on most days.. My daughter says he is going to change, uh 5 years later nothing. They are both 24, and unfortunately my daughter will learn the hard way.

Even though nothing came out of this appoinment, thank you so much for keeping an eye out and informing this board. With God's help someday hopefully soon we will get some really good news out of this board, fingers crossed.

Alba