Thread: Avene Tolerance Extreme - Cleansing Lotion

Default Avene Tolerance Extreme - Cleansing Lotion

Have any of you used this product by Avene with success? Most "gentle" cleansers that I've tried are either too drying (like Cetaphil) or what I've tried has broken me out. So I'm still on the hunt for something gentle.

Here is the description and ingredients:

This no rinse, tissue off cleansing formula is specific for sensitive, hypersensitive and allergic skin. Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion is specifically for skin types that are unable to tolerate ordinary cosmetic products. The high percentage of spring water (79%) helps soothe the skin, gliding over the skin removing make up and impurities from the face and eyes without the slightest hint of discomfort.

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Parafinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer

Hi webbie,

I've tried it with great hopes (also, when trying to find a less drying yet effective alternative to Cetaphil) but was disappointed because it actually irritated my skin.
    Anyway, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you

After the Avene disappointment, I've actually found something that works pretty well for me, which is the Ultra Calming cleanser by Dermalogica. it's much more expensive than the Cetaphil, but it's the first cleanser i've used that removes the dirt and sunscreen but doesn't feel drying at all.

Yael.

Hey webbie -

I've found that La Roche Posay's Toleriane Foaming Cleanser is wonderful - I had the same issue with Cetaphil, it was too drying and left my skin tight. I wanted to find something that left my face feeling clean, though and most gentle cleansers didn't do the trick (IE: CeraVe, Rosaliac, Clinique Redness Solutions). I use it every day and no dryness!

Thank you both of you for your replies. As always, I know this is trial and error since everyone's skin reacts differently so I will give one of these cleansers a try and hope it works. If not, then I'll try something else.

oh BTW wanted to mention if you try ANY la roche posay products, I have found the cheapest prices on them at skin-etc.com (I think shipping is free w/ purchase of over $50, sadly not hard to do!)