Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: had 2nd v-beam today

Quote Originally Posted by paperbag View Post
    again, you know very little about me, you don't know where i've been, so you don't know where i'm coming from.
    Well that is the same for everyone on the forum. We come here for support and advice to help us cope with what can be a debilitating condition and that was what I was giving. I dont think anyone would advise any different from what I have said.

Hi Joe,

Sarah did give you good advice and what she said is true. We really don't know anyone here but are here for support and info and do the best we can. Everyone has a complicated life and other stuff going on and nothing is really in black and white if you know what I mean. In any case you must realize that she meant no offense and only wanted to help and gave the advice she herself follows. Which is good advice because regardless of what is going on if you don't get out and join life it will pass you by.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
    Henri Nouwen

Paperbag love the poem!

I was just reading this thread and thought I would share my pupuric experience so far. I had my 5th VBeam last Friday... I told her no more "fooling" around with my rosacea....I only wanted my cheeks treated and I wanted each and every pulse to result in a purple bruise! So that's exactly what happened....every pulse (over 300) are black/purple..... right next to the other...no spaces....a solid mass of purple..... Let me tell you it is quite a sight!

But I felt that after doing 4 VBeams and only having say 10 bruises spread out over my entire face just wasn't doing any good for me. I gave it a good go....4tx's is alot in expense, downtime and of course sooooo disappointing that one sees very little if any improvement in redness and skin reactivity.

Right now I still look frightening....the bruises have changed color from black/purple to super bright DARK red with a yellowing color all around the area treated.

I decided to do this based on some of those studies others posted about better results with bruising.

I will post on my results with this in the next several weeks as it looks to me I may need at least that long to see if it helped me at all.
    Dx 1998

Paperbag

Is that your way of telling us to shut up If we were all silent it would be a pretty empty forum

Default impressed

wow...I admire your courage Lookout.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to be that bruised. I really hope the purpuric setting is what makes the difference for you. if you need any emotional support I'm here for you.

Thanks for this info Lookout. I had a couple V-beams with no result and no purpura or even redness. He used the Perfecta model.

I will be very curious of your results since I may go down this same path. Boy that downtime has got to suck. Do you work now? I cant imagine that? Also, it treats spots in a circle so there will be "gaps" of areas that are not treated. So I guess this means you will need multiple treatments if this works....ugggh what a frightening thought. Hope the healing goes well.

Darlene,
    My fingers are crossed for you.
    Good results on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by paperbag View Post
    When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
    Henri Nouwen
    Great poem Joe but not sure how much more we can do. We are here for support and we listen and actually do offer advice when we can as that is what the RF is all about. I am all for being there for the person/people I care about in my life as well as sharing in their pain as well as happiness but truthfully this forum is also about sharing courage to go on in the face of adversity and make the best of the hand we are dealt in life.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven"

John Milton, Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by hozer2k View Post
    Thanks for this info Lookout. I had a couple V-beams with no result and no purpura or even redness. He used the Perfecta model.

I will be very curious of your results since I may go down this same path. Boy that downtime has got to suck. Do you work now? I cant imagine that? Also, it treats spots in a circle so there will be "gaps" of areas that are not treated. So I guess this means you will need multiple treatments if this works....ugggh what a frightening thought. Hope the healing goes well.
    Hello hozer2k,

I am being treated with the perecta also.....I know they say it won't bruise but that's not true....it's how you set it (joules/ms). Yes the downtime is really a bummer BUT if it works then I feel WELL worth it! I really have almost no gaps in treated areas...the tech or doc doing the treatments should be placing the laser slightly overlapping each pulse to get complete coverage and she did a very good job at this.....I would love to look in the mirror and see white areas instead of a solid mass of redness.....that would mean I finally broke thru!

I am a SAHM presently and my spouse works out of town so it is still difficult to manage doing everything around home and upkeep looking like this.....but again it's worth it to get better and wasting my time & money on 4 other VBeams where I had significant downtime also just stinks.....I will post when I can tell if it helped me or not.

Strange I know......but I am not and have not been feeling down about doing this extreme tx......I had come to a place where if VBeam isn't going to work for me that I need to move on....but to what? I have already done at least 15 or more IPL's and they just don't work IMO.....so maybe Yag? Hopefully I will not need to go there and this will be the ticket for me....that way I can just do small areas of my face at a time with the pupuric style and get the results I have been dreaming of.....I would love to just see a good deal of improvement.....that would be like a miracle

Hey Melissa.....how are you?
    Hey Paperbag.....thanks for your support.....and again love that poem!

Everyone play nicely now
    Dx 1998