Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Lyra yag 1064

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    737
    Country: United States

    Default lyra yag

    John
    Just be very careful. Stay with conservative settings. The first time I was treated with yag it didn't work but I didn't get worse. The last time ( the docctor was an arrogant jerk who didn't have a clue) I got really bad swelling and blisters that left me with scars that my current doc is still cleaning up.. Best of luck
    Arlene

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhnnygdy View Post
    Solomon,

    I was told that it depends on the pulse duration. Shorter durations will hit more superficial vessels while longer durations hit the deep feed vessels with the 1064. I hope this is accurate because the 560 and 590 didnt do anything good for me...
    It is my understanding that the pulse duration has more to do with the size of vessels targeted. The wavelength determines the depth. Where did you get your info?

    Thanks

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    John
    Just be very careful. Stay with conservative settings. The first time I was treated with yag it didn't work but I didn't get worse. The last time ( the docctor was an arrogant jerk who didn't have a clue) I got really bad swelling and blisters that left me with scars that my current doc is still cleaning up.. Best of luck
    Arlene
    What scarring did you get? divots?
    Thanks

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    176

    Default

    arb,

    thanks for the warning....I'm not sure I'm gonna keep my appt but if I do I will ask that she be conservative. You wouldnt happen to know what conservative settings are would you? It might help if I knew exact numbers going in...

    thanks
    take care,

    John

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    737
    Country: United States

    Default lyra yag

    Sorry- don't know the settings- only know it really hurt when it was being done. My other yags did not. Got blisters, some of which were already weeping after the treatment. These turned into divots. Then my face swelled so much I couldn't open my eyes for 2 days. Was out of work for a couple of weeks. Really terrible experience. It has taken many, many treatments to clean up the mess he made. Thats why I recommend that whenever a doctor says "we need to turn up the power"- run for the hills.
    Arlene

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Arb,

    How many YAGS did you have before you had the aggressive one that messed you up? Did you have them with the same DR? I guess the non aggressive treaments didnt hurt so I will use that as a gauge for when I get mine. Did the blisters form right away during treatment? I wish I didnt have to try this but 12 Lumenis One IPLs and 4 vbeams havent helped me at all. The YAG is the only thing I havent tried. I just hope it helps with the damn burning sensations...


    thanks,
    take care,

    John

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    737
    Country: United States

    Default yags

    Well John I've been around the block a lot with this damn disease. First experience with Yag was with Dr. Darm. Had 2 week condensed protocal- A treatment every other day. Yag in paint mode followed by IPL. Came away with my skin spotless no flushing for exactly one week. Then had the worst flushing of my life. Intense, unrelenting 24/7. He said the only answer was another treatment and there was no way I could, or would travel back cross country. Through Yahoo group I found a tech who used a yag- also in paint mode. She lived about an hours drive from me. She was very nice, knew a lot about Rosacea and was very conservative. Had about 10 with her. Although the flushing diminished somewhat it was still pretty bad- I was essentially home bound.Thats when out of desperation, and based on reputation I went to Dr. Bruce Katz in New York. Can't believe people wait in his office for hours to see him. He had a combination PDL/Yag. As it usually does my Rosacea retreated a bit (always giving me high hopes) but then increased. His answer was to"turn up the settings a bit". When I went back I got the "you are resistant, and we'll let you know if something new comes up" line. He took absolutely no responsibility for the mess he made of my face.
    I never really ask questions about the settings. I feel that if a doctor knows what he's doing he should know how to treat his patients.
    That is why I started treatment with Dr. Johnson. Its been over a year and about 20 sessions. Most of the dents, a lot of the redness has been cleaned up. But, unfortunately I am still flushing but not nearly what I was before, but enough that it impacts my life. He keeps trying different things and now I will be going more often. Trying to keep my hopes up.
    But my story is not necessarily yours. This disease is unpredictable. Some people go into remission after 3 treatments, some like me have a very long road. Even if you do your homework about a doctor (like Katz) doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're doing. Find it best to rely on the experiences of other patients.
    Best of luck and please let me know how it goes. Who are you using by the way?
    Arlene

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Well John I've been around the block a lot with this damn disease. First experience with Yag was with Dr. Darm. Had 2 week condensed protocal- A treatment every other day. Yag in paint mode followed by IPL. Came away with my skin spotless no flushing for exactly one week. Then had the worst flushing of my life. Intense, unrelenting 24/7. He said the only answer was another treatment and there was no way I could, or would travel back cross country. Through Yahoo group I found a tech who used a yag- also in paint mode. She lived about an hours drive from me. She was very nice, knew a lot about Rosacea and was very conservative. Had about 10 with her. Although the flushing diminished somewhat it was still pretty bad- I was essentially home bound.Thats when out of desperation, and based on reputation I went to Dr. Bruce Katz in New York. Can't believe people wait in his office for hours to see him. He had a combination PDL/Yag. As it usually does my Rosacea retreated a bit (always giving me high hopes) but then increased. His answer was to"turn up the settings a bit". When I went back I got the "you are resistant, and we'll let you know if something new comes up" line. He took absolutely no responsibility for the mess he made of my face.
    I never really ask questions about the settings. I feel that if a doctor knows what he's doing he should know how to treat his patients.
    That is why I started treatment with Dr. Johnson. Its been over a year and about 20 sessions. Most of the dents, a lot of the redness has been cleaned up. But, unfortunately I am still flushing but not nearly what I was before, but enough that it impacts my life. He keeps trying different things and now I will be going more often. Trying to keep my hopes up.
    But my story is not necessarily yours. This disease is unpredictable. Some people go into remission after 3 treatments, some like me have a very long road. Even if you do your homework about a doctor (like Katz) doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're doing. Find it best to rely on the experiences of other patients.
    Best of luck and please let me know how it goes. Who are you using by the way?
    Arlene
    Arlene,
    Interesting story. What do you think has been the trick that Dr Johnson has used to resolving some of your issues? Different machines? Changed the passes? Changed the perameters, such as energy, duration, # of pulses? Anyone key?

    What do you think has made lasers difficult in your case? Do you have a tone to your skin etc?

    THanks for your answer in advance. I am intrigued since I do not feel lasers have been extremely effective for me either

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    737
    Country: United States

    Default lasers

    Wish I had a clue why I have not been more successful with lasers. Did have success with Vbeam for about a year but then it stopped working.
    Doctor Johnson has only used one laser to treat me Lumins (probably spelled wrong ) one. He was trained and treated by Dr. Soldo and both believe that this is the most effective laser. I think the thing that both of them do differntly is that for them, treatment is not one size fits all. Every person and every treatment is different- change pulses, filters, duration etc. Right now he feels that the problem is that I am having menopausal symptoms- specifically night flushing- which causes angiogenesis of the vessels. He's decided to try spacing my treatments closer together to see if that works. Also trying different Meds. Most doctors would have given up by now but he has not. For him its not about the money. He has the disease and knows what its like first hand. Just hope I get there eventually. Its beeen 5 years of hell. Had to take early retirement after my treatments with Dr. Katz because I just couldn't function in my job any more. Glad that was an option for me. Now would like to enjoy that retirment but can't until and unless I can get this disease in remission
    Best of luck
    Arlene

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Wish I had a clue why I have not been more successful with lasers. Did have success with Vbeam for about a year but then it stopped working.
    Doctor Johnson has only used one laser to treat me Lumins (probably spelled wrong ) one. He was trained and treated by Dr. Soldo and both believe that this is the most effective laser. I think the thing that both of them do differntly is that for them, treatment is not one size fits all. Every person and every treatment is different- change pulses, filters, duration etc. Right now he feels that the problem is that I am having menopausal symptoms- specifically night flushing- which causes angiogenesis of the vessels. He's decided to try spacing my treatments closer together to see if that works. Also trying different Meds. Most doctors would have given up by now but he has not. For him its not about the money. He has the disease and knows what its like first hand. Just hope I get there eventually. Its beeen 5 years of hell. Had to take early retirement after my treatments with Dr. Katz because I just couldn't function in my job any more. Glad that was an option for me. Now would like to enjoy that retirment but can't until and unless I can get this disease in remission
    Best of luck
    Arlene
    I get pretty bad night flushing and dont know how to minize it. Do the laser physicians tell you that is a primary reason for your not seeing results? How far apart do they give treatments given your night flushes?
    Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. Lyra yag
    By jhnnygdy in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 02:09 PM
  2. 1064 or pulse dye
    By danweaver in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st July 2008, 09:55 PM
  3. 1064 YAG experiences in the UK?
    By matt in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd August 2006, 02:44 PM
  4. 1064 Yag laser treatment
    By hisightes in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd June 2005, 09:14 PM
  5. When to never use the Yag 1064?
    By Mermaid in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th June 2005, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •