Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tea Tree Oil

i'm sorry you had that experience, DianaLynn, but thanks for posting a warning. people get desperate and try risky things, but it's really too bad people post such reckless ideas as 50% dilutions of essential oils without mentioning that they're unsafe.

for dermal use ti tree oil needs to be diluted to 4% or 5% in a fatty carrier like jojoba, coconut oil or some other vegetable oil - that's true whether or not someone has sensitive skin. as a rough guide, that's 4 to 5 drops (skinny drops!) of essential oil per teaspoon (5 ml) of carrier.

dora, thanks for the sound advice advice. If one is recovering fragile skin they must be Very Careful what they apply topically. No more experiments for me. It looks like I have sustained a serious burn, still bad after 6 days.

Default Good results with tea tree oil for PP rosacea

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and have spent a great deal of time reading the posts and learning from them. I've been diagnosed recently with rosacea + cortisone-induced dermatitis. My symptoms are those of PP rosacea. I refused to get on the antibiotics because of the list of side effects and long duration of treatment. Instead, my dermatologist prescribed Finacea to use at night. After documenting myself on this skin condition, it seems it comes down to inflammation and parasites. Hence, I have switched to a strict anti-inflammatory and anti-glycemic diet (like those who suffer from diabetes), as sugar is inflammatory, to control the inflammation part. I can tell you that I have lost some weight for sure but feel great. As for the parasites, I've adopted and inside-out method. First got a check to see if I had any parasites in my gut- test was negative. But that didn't keep me from taking Black radish capsules first thing every morning, parapsyllium at night and dandelion herbal tea throughout the day to clean/reinvigorate the liver, colon/intestines and kidneys respectively. The strict diet and this just mentioned regimen take care of the inside. Now, for my face. Every morning I was my face with lukewarm water and Aleppo soap which contains 40% bay-tree oil (antibacterial). I gently pat dry and spray on La Roche-Posay thermal water for sensitive skin. I let dry and then I dilute just ONE drop of tea tree oil (natural antiparasitic known to kill demodex) in a nickel portion of organic aloe vera and add three drops of Argan oil. I mix it up in the palm of my hand and apply gently all over my face. I have found that this is the right dosage for my skin - no irritation, just a cold, refreshing feeling from the tea tree oil. As the aloe vera (antibacterial) leaves the skin a bit tight (ladies, it will reduce fine lines), I then add one pump of La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra that I dab all over my face for added comfort. I go through this procedure morning and night. While at night I add the Finacea (azelaic acid) on the red spots taking care to not go over as this product is very strong and will unfortunately burn the skin.

It has only been a week since starting the face mixture and I can say that I can see some positive results. My face is less red, less pp and skin just feels relieved.

Other things I take are Turmeric tea, omega-3 supplements and organic aloe vera juice that I add to green smoothies in the morning. The diet takes a bit of navigating to get to know what you can and cannot eat. Basically, for me it comes down to:
    Breakfast: chestnut flour+water+berries and green smoothie in the morning (carrot, flaxeed, aloe vera juice, spirulina, frozen berries, kale)

Lunch/Dinner: baked trout or chicken (w/o skin), quinoa salad (cucumber, cilantro, olive oil, lemon), and maybe some seaweed or palmitos, and either an apple or a pear (low glycemic fruits). I can vary this menu around a bit being careful not to include glycemic or inflammatory produce.

Voila, so far so good. I try not to wear any makeup and do so only when I absolutely have to. I actually need to try out some new brands and am thinking about Avene, or Bare Minerals. Will let you know how it goes.

After struggling with this for several years, I'm happy to finally know what I have and can take teh necessary steps to control it. Throughout the past few years, cortisone would help temporarily but I never really took proper care of my diet and when my skin would be better I'd revert to eating things I know would be triggers (ie dairy, coffee, sugar) because I thought I was healed. So, now I will work hard to maintain all of these changes which can only make me healthier, also combined with some gentle stress relief such as yoga or swimming.

Best to all of you.

That's wonderful Pampa. Thank you for sharing your story. Welcome BTW!

Default Tea tree oil quality

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    That's wonderful Pampa. Thank you for sharing your story. Welcome BTW!
    Hi Starlite,

Thanks and you're welcome. I will just add that the quality of the tea tree oil used is very important especially if you're going to put it on your face. I buy mine at the pharmacy. The pharmaceutical grade contains: 3% or less Cineole; 37% or more Terpinen-4-ol

As a reference the Australian grade tea tree oil requires a maximum of 15% of Cineole and a minimum of 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. So the less Cineole the better the quality of tea tree essential oil.

Good day to you!

Default Update regarding tea tree oil

Hi all,

Just thought I would update you on my tea tree oil regimen (tea tree oil, aloe vera gel, argan oil) that I use morning and night. Well, it's been about a month or so now and I am happy to tell you that my skin looks MUCH better. The pp are almost all gone (I do use Finacea at night) and so is the redness. The only side effect is the dry skin from using Finacea, but it isn't that bad. Of course, I will reiterate that the TTO regimen, Finacea have been complemented by a strict anti-inflammatory and anti-glycemic diet that I follow to the T. Overall, I've had very good and quick results. I don't take any antibiotics.

Good luck to all of you.

- Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by pampa View Post
    Hi Starlite,

Thanks and you're welcome. I will just add that the quality of the tea tree oil used is very important especially if you're going to put it on your face. I buy mine at the pharmacy. The pharmaceutical grade contains: 3% or less Cineole; 37% or more Terpinen-4-ol

As a reference the Australian grade tea tree oil requires a maximum of 15% of Cineole and a minimum of 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. So the less Cineole the better the quality of tea tree essential oil.

Good day to you!

I'm on my 18th day since I started the TTO regime. I uses Desert Essence TTO facial cleanser, afterwards, I apply 1 - 2 drops of TTO neat on cotton pad and wipe my face, then apply aloe vera moisturizer. The 1st week things are look very good. My skin is clear and redness is on a very very low level (i'm fair skinned btw). 2nd week not so good. I developed quite a few acnes (i think its those mites dying) and my cheeks developed red patches of blotchness (a lil itchy). Now i'm almost finishing my 3rd week of this regime. The red patches on my cheeks is slowly fading, but its still there. Hopefully things will turn for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by lrryty View Post
    I'm on my 18th day since I started the TTO regime. I uses Desert Essence TTO facial cleanser, afterwards, I apply 1 - 2 drops of TTO neat on cotton pad and wipe my face, then apply aloe vera moisturizer. The 1st week things are look very good. My skin is clear and redness is on a very very low level (i'm fair skinned btw). 2nd week not so good. I developed quite a few acnes (i think its those mites dying) and my cheeks developed red patches of blotchness (a lil itchy). Now i'm almost finishing my 3rd week of this regime. The red patches on my cheeks is slowly fading, but its still there. Hopefully things will turn for the better.
    I went through the same roller coster. Week one looked good, week two went to hell and my face looked the worst it ever had and now I am on day 27 and my face looks the best it has in YEARS. I am just hoping it stays that way. You can see my progress in my blog. I know that there is a second dye off coming in the mite life cycle I am just hoping it's not as bad as the first.

Default This cream is amazing

I got this cream because I saw your post and wish to thank you for sharing with us. It has been nothing short of miraculous and not only has it got rid of my rosacea but my skin looks and feels amazing. When I first bought this I thought it was far too pricey but a pot lasts me on average three to four months so it is actually decent value. I would urge anyone else with rosacea to at least give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by sary View Post
    I just ordered Pro Skin for Rosacea (contains tea tree oil)- Ingredients: Aqua, Almond Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Calendula Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Extract, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Oil), Natural Vitamin E Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Organic Lavender Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil, East Cape Manuka Oil, Organic Chamomile Oil.

Currently using Carley's Natural Soap from internet, works great, 50 mg doxycyclene, finacea and metrogel. Was using a sulfur soap but my nostrils were so dry and sore. I will use the sulfur soap and proactiv mask which is sulfur on the p and p breakouts. I am 48 yrs old, female and get P and P's at times, after a breakout more blood vessels, suffer from heat, redness and sensitivity. I have had 2 IPL treatments and they did not erase the blood vessels although they said the setting was high and it felt pretty intense. Almost like shock treatment. Going back to dermatologist tomorrow. He had given me Doryx- $550 for the drug- I was provided w/ a coupon to reduce the prescription to $25. Whew! Not thrilled w/ the high ticket script. The Doxcyclene has helped to control the P and P's, but I don't want to stay on an antibiotic forever. My skin has looked great for about 2 weeks, but I always feel like it's the calm before the storm. Hate it!

I am hoping this stuff helps and the hope the doctor can try V Beam if he has it for the broken blood vessels.

I tried the tea tree oil remedy back when I thought I just had acne. My brother raves about tea tree oil, and his wife has used it on her acne with success. However, it did nothing for me. Didn't make anything worse, I don't think, just not better. I have had more success with aloe vera gel. I recently started using generic azelaic acid cream (10%), and that seems to be working well also. Metrogel only made my skin worse, and I also have no wish to be on antibiotics for years at a time.