Thread: New problems...

Default New problems...

Hello,

I've been off the site for a few months while I worked on getting my eyes under control. I developed severe bleph about 6 months ago that really freaked me out. I am about 40% better after getting plugs, using occusoft lid scrubs 2x a day and constantly putting preservative free eye drops in my eyes. I also have special eye glasses that wrap around my head to keep light and wind out. Its still rough but I can spend alittle time in front of the computer again..

I haven't been paying much attention to my facial problems until this week. I've just been putting my suncreen on, metrogel at night and using some red led. But now that I'm not at the eye dr every week I'm taking stock of my worsening condition. My forehead is reddish in the center with lots of tiny bumps that itch? I never had this before. Could metrogel be the problem? I've only been using it for about 2 months..

Also, my face is so round now. The swelling in my cheeks really makes my face look fat and bloated. If you saw me from the neck up you would think I was 300 pounds...Anything I can do besides taking aspirin? IPL and vbeam did not help at all..

Lastly, even though my eyes arent' quite as dry and painful my eyelids have developed a network of red and purple veins over this last year. It looks terrible. Please advise about any success with YAG or other laser for this..

Thanks...I know this is alot of questions but the rosacea is really hitting me these last few months..

John
    take care,

John

John

I am sorry that you have been going through all this

Perhaps the red, itchy skin is abit of seb derm? Mind you metrogel can be drying. Have you thought about switching to metrolotion instead?

I am not so sure what will help with the swelling. Do you take an antihistamine?

Best wishes

Sarah

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnygdy View Post
    Hello,

I've been off the site for a few months while I worked on getting my eyes under control. I developed severe bleph about 6 months ago that really freaked me out. I am about 40% better after getting plugs, using occusoft lid scrubs 2x a day and constantly putting preservative free eye drops in my eyes. I also have special eye glasses that wrap around my head to keep light and wind out. Its still rough but I can spend alittle time in front of the computer again..

I haven't been paying much attention to my facial problems until this week. I've just been putting my suncreen on, metrogel at night and using some red led. But now that I'm not at the eye dr every week I'm taking stock of my worsening condition. My forehead is reddish in the center with lots of tiny bumps that itch? I never had this before. Could metrogel be the problem? I've only been using it for about 2 months..

Also, my face is so round now. The swelling in my cheeks really makes my face look fat and bloated. If you saw me from the neck up you would think I was 300 pounds...Anything I can do besides taking aspirin? IPL and vbeam did not help at all..

Lastly, even though my eyes arent' quite as dry and painful my eyelids have developed a network of red and purple veins over this last year. It looks terrible. Please advise about any success with YAG or other laser for this..

Thanks...I know this is alot of questions but the rosacea is really hitting me these last few months..

John
    Hello John, it sounds to me like u have a seb derm flare. Have u tried born 2 b mild cleanser? It works 4 m3. Good luck!
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Yeah, after reading other posts I figured I probably had a seb derm flare. The metrogel works well for bumps but it is drying. I am only going to use it for spots instead of all over my face. I have been using jojoba oil as a miosterizer and that works pretty well on my forehead now. I'll look into the born to be mild too. Is that safe for rosacea?

I have been taking claritin as a antihistamine. Is that the best one to take?

thanks,

John
    take care,

John

I wonder if red light therapy might help with your facial swelling?

I have had about 7 in office treatments with a doctor. I can't say they have helped a lot for the redness, but they have helped with the swelling. Prior to starting I had chipmunk cheeks, which increased in severity overnight. The swelling caused pressure, which caused more flushing and more redness, pain, etc.

Since the improvement I have only had a couple of minor episodes of swelling upon waking.
    I still flush, but it is less intense and less often.
    Pity about the lack of improvement in the redness, but my vessels are so damaged and overly dilated, that I feel they won't go unless I have more IPL.

On a downside, in office treatments can make symptoms worse initially. I learned the hard way. The machines are powerful and while 20 minutes is fine for a cosmetic patient, it isn't fine for a rosacean, whose vasculature and lymphatic drainage is comprised.
    It is necessary to start of with short sessions and then increase them over time, if possible.

Personally, I don't feel my severe case would have responded to a small home unit, until some ground work had taken place. It is only now I feel I am ready to do that. I have the specs and hopefully it will be completed shortly.

I don't know if this regime would help you, but thought I would mention my experience with similar symptoms.

Incidentally, I was told yellow light and even infrared might further lessen the swelling and improve circulation.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.