Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: rhinophyma questions?

Default Rhinophyma

Dear Rider and Missyred -

I too have an enlarged nose! I have seen it enlarge over the last three year span. It is crushing. I also have type 1 rosacea (vascular). I have had several opinions about my nose from 3 derms, two plastic surgeons and one plastic surgeon who deals only in rhinoplasty. NO one calls what I have Rhinophyma - except for one plastic surgeon who tells me that it could be the beginning stages. My derms and most importantly the nose surgeon (who sees rhinophyma all the time) tells me that I do not have it (mind you that was two years ago). I have to go back and see him again and he may change his mind. I do not have any of the bumps or pimples, I only have the swollen, painful, enlarged nose. IS THIS NOT RHINOPHYMA or the beginning stages?! I am unclear. I am 52 and now in menopause. The transition from peri-menopause to menopause was hell on my rosacea. I have always felt that I have a bigger nose than I would like but now I just feel that it really jumps out. I am on 40mg doxy twice a day (which has done nothing to help my nose). I find that IPL on my nose only is very helpful with the pain but does not do much to reduce the size.

I would love to hear what steps you are taking and any progress you are making in trying to reduce your nose size. The thought of Rhinophyma paralyses me!

I really look forward to hearing from you.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for listening/reading.

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by wendykay View Post
    Dear Rider and Missyred -

I too have an enlarged nose! I have seen it enlarge over the last three year span. It is crushing. I also have type 1 rosacea (vascular). I have had several opinions about my nose from 3 derms, two plastic surgeons and one plastic surgeon who deals only in rhinoplasty. NO one calls what I have Rhinophyma - except for one plastic surgeon who tells me that it could be the beginning stages. My derms and most importantly the nose surgeon (who sees rhinophyma all the time) tells me that I do not have it (mind you that was two years ago). I have to go back and see him again and he may change his mind. I do not have any of the bumps or pimples, I only have the swollen, painful, enlarged nose. IS THIS NOT RHINOPHYMA or the beginning stages?! I am unclear. I am 52 and now in menopause. The transition from peri-menopause to menopause was hell on my rosacea. I have always felt that I have a bigger nose than I would like but now I just feel that it really jumps out. I am on 40mg doxy twice a day (which has done nothing to help my nose). I find that IPL on my nose only is very helpful with the pain but does not do much to reduce the size.

I would love to hear what steps you are taking and any progress you are making in trying to reduce your nose size. The thought of Rhinophyma paralyses me!

I really look forward to hearing from you.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for listening/reading.

Wendy
    HI Wendy! I don't know why I never received a notification for this. Sorry for such a late reply.
    Actally I had a IPL treatment on my nose and I started taking a Zurtec everyday and a Nadal steroid and a Nadal antihistamine everyday and my nose finally went down in about a week. It was,actually normal again. I could feel the side indenting again. My only problem is because I did this at the same time I'm not sure which helped.lol. I will say..Lately this last week I feel like it's slightly swollen again. The reason I feel this way is when I had the IPL done my Pires shrunk on my nose and I didn't use a pore filler with my makeup. 3 mo. Later pores,are back. I'm going in for another IPL on my nose next week. I tell you..it hurt like nothing else. I'm wondering if IPL wears off. I'll ask. I went to an allergist because I was damn determined for someone to listen to me. I found out I'm allergic to dust mites. Maybe that was causing the nose to swell inside..therefor..making outside bigger. Who knows. But after doing these things I saw a difference. Text me if you get this as I'm not getting notifications. 513-884-7088. I wish the guy on here who went to the plastic surgeon told us his doctor's name. Do any of you have Sebaceous Hyperplasia on your face. I started getting them. Hate it!

Default Update..

Quote Originally Posted by Missyred View Post
    HI Wendy! I don't know why I never received a notification for this. Sorry for such a late reply.
    Actally I had a IPL treatment on my nose and I started taking a Zurtec everyday and a Nadal steroid and a Nadal antihistamine everyday and my nose finally went down in about a week. It was,actually normal again. I could feel the side indenting again. My only problem is because I did this at the same time I'm not sure which helped.lol. I will say..Lately this last week I feel like it's slightly swollen again. The reason I feel this way is when I had the IPL done my Pires shrunk on my nose and I didn't use a pore filler with my makeup. 3 mo. Later pores,are back. I'm going in for another IPL on my nose next week. I tell you..it hurt like nothing else. I'm wondering if IPL wears off. I'll ask. I went to an allergist because I was damn determined for someone to listen to me. I found out I'm allergic to dust mites. Maybe that was causing the nose to swell inside..therefor..making outside bigger. Who knows. But after doing these things I saw a difference. Text me if you get this as I'm not getting notifications. 513-884-7088. I wish the guy on here who went to the plastic surgeon told us his doctor's name. Do any of you have Sebaceous Hyperplasia on your face. I started getting them. Hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyred View Post
    Hi, what nasal steroid did you take (do you mean nasal when you wrote nadal steroid, haha). Was this a spray up your nose type or a cream. Also what was the nasal antihistamine you took (do they still work for you).
    My nose is flushing and swelling every night now when I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning most of the redness has gone but it is really swollen and fat looking.