Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vbeam 4 weeks ago, still red, help (and new member)

Default Vbeam 4 weeks ago, still red, help (and new member)

Hi,
    I found this website while doing a google search late at night (1am) while up worrying about the results of my Vbeam I had on October 14. Today is officially 1 month post op and it's still very red. I should say, I do not have rosacea, I have a facial scar that I had revised in June. The revision went ok, but afterwards, a single spider vein developed on one area of the scar. I thought this would be easily treated with a purpuragenic Vbeam. I live in Chicago, so I went to a Dr. Berk. I found him on Candela's web page, they have a search function for doctors if you choose what laser you want. I knew I wanted the Vbeam perfecta, and his office came up, and I was able to get an appointment pretty quickly. His physician assistant did the actual treatment. She treated the entire scar because there were some other, very tiny veins I could barely see that were around another area of the scar. I was really purple for about a week, and the area with the spider vein was the most purple and most bruised. Then it started to fade and I was really happy and thought it would continue to get better. However, the area with the spider vein at some point just stopped improving and has continued to to be red. The spider vein is gone, but now it has been replaced by a red circle! Has anyone else here had an experience like this? I could really use some support or advice. Will it get better during the next month? Should I be worried? Should I go back to the doctor and have them look? I'm really worried that it's just going to stay red forever. The rest of the scar faded much more, there is still some residual redness, but not nearly as much as this one dot where the vein was. I don't get it, and I'm really scared. I'm not even sure I should go back to the doctor because they were so overbooked, all the patients were an hour delayed, and then I only saw the doctor for about a minute. Then the actual procedure took a few seconds, and then I was out the door with the only advice being to wear sunscreen. I thought in 7-10 days I'd be looking normal again. help! not sure what to do.

Hi and welcome.

I have never had purpuric VBeam however from speaking with members here who have had purpuric VBeam it is normal for it to take months to fade so do not stress. It is upsetting of course and I know I am always anxious after my VBeam treatments that the marks will not fade but they eventually do. Everyone heals at a different rate and my nonpurpuric red marks take months to fade so I would think purpuric marks take even longer. It does depend on your specific healing rate however 4 weeks is not so long in the scheme of things regarding VBeam.

Good luck!
    Melissa

Retired Moderator

Hey,
    I have had purpuric v-beam numerous times and for me, the bulk of the color fades pretty quickly (about a week). However, some residual redness can persist for upwards of a month- and I heal quickly. If you had a particularly aggressive treatment, I would think anywhere up to 8-12 weeks before you should even begin to be concerned about any long term results.
    Some members of the forum have red spots that take many weeks to heal as Melissa stated above.
    Give it time, but I think you will be fine. Crawl back in off the ledge and try to relax.
    Rob

You do not have to do anything. Just sit tight and it will contine to fade. Alas the redness part of the fading appears to take longer than the actual purpura. At least this should be your only treatment. If you do go again you might ask that they turn it down slightly to speed up your recovery time.

Default thanks

thanks for all your encouraging replies. I know I sound a bit hysterical, but..well..I am.
    This is the only web site that has been comforting, I really appreciate it.
    Thanks for welcoming me even though I don't have rosacea.
    I do however have sebhorreic dermatits. I wash my face with nizoral shampoo. The scar I had revised (which lead to the spider vein appearing) was an old scar from a sebaceous hyperplasia I had removed a long time ago by a not so good dermatologist. The scar looked like a divot had been removed from my face. That's why this area is so emotionally charged for me, since it really wrecked my life for 12 years.
    Anyway, the spot is still red, and I'm still worried, but a little less so after reading this forum. I guess I will wait for 2 months to go by. It's really hard, the waiting.

It is hard waiting I know I hope the time goes by fast and best of luck to you. Please feel free to post here whenever you want!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Okay so this may reassure you further. Five and a bit weeks post PDL:

and thats the side with less hits. Add a little bit of flushing and it can look really quite impressive.

You're still beautiful Sarah
    inside and out

dont make me post a picture of the other side