Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rhinophyma

Default rhinophyma

Can someone please explain this to me?

well its seems since my nose started flushing whick never happened before, it swells and the pores are more noticable, my cheeks are alot better, but the nose is the problem area now, how do I get it less reactive? the ipl head is big and I don't think it's treating my nose well, now when I flush it's only mainly on my nose, and ideas on getting rid od those reactive vessels? I do rlt but after my nose is flushed, do you think the nose is harder to treat, should I try v beam? is the head smaller on that? I want these reactive nose vessels gone, it looks much worse on the nose than the cheeks, especially when the cheeks are doing better. Also my cheeks flushed for alot longer than my nose but it seems the nose gets damaged faster.

Default Nose is harder to treat

Hi
    Sorry to hear your nose is causing you trouble...I have the same problem. My nose is the hardest part of my face to treat, and I have read that's typical. I also had the problem of using red light therapy; for the rest of my face it works great but for my nose it seems to make it more reactive. I have taken crushed aspirin (melted with some hot water from the faucet in my hand) and put it on my nose...that seems to help somewhat. I also take low dose accutane but a lot of people don't want to go that route-it's very hard to get a prescription for it if you're a woman. Another thing which helps my flushy nose is baby sunscreen with zinc oxide (from Walgreens) and a prescription topical called Klaron. I also control my nose swelling through diet, but not everyone is helped by that. You can also try over the counter antihistamine-there's one I use that's doesn't cause drowsiness but I can't think of the name right now, if you're interested I'll look for it up.

You might want to repost on the IPL section and see what people say.

Good luck and blessings,
    Queta

Default Queta

Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread, but, regarding your use of Klaron, do you feel it is making you light sensitive?

I have a new derm now, who wants me to try 10% Sulfacetamide/sulphur 3%. It is to be applied for 15 minutes, twice daily and then promptly rinsed off.
    I have not even bothered to fill the script as my pharmacists have told me it is likely to make me light sensitive, being a photosensitizing drug.
    I know the oral form certainly is and I did worry about the topical when the derm prescribed it.

Another thing, I can't even tolerate sulphur alone and after two weeks I am still test patching small areas, with poor success. I find it irritating.

My nose, is the most reactive, meaning it is always red and swells easily.

You say the klaron is helping your nose. Is this in combination with red light therapy? Or are you still covering your nose as I recall you were doing at one stage?
    Has it reduced the redness as well as the flushing?

Thanks!
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

I find rlt is making my nose worse too, it flushes when I'm doing it, how can we cure this nose issue? v beam?

Default Nose

Quote Originally Posted by cbebe28 View Post
    I find rlt is making my nose worse too, it flushes when I'm doing it, how can we cure this nose issue? v beam?
    Just stop eating fats there is no other solution.
    I realise that probably folks that read "Just stop eating fats" sounds bizzare and I don,t blame anyone for thinking drums is as bizzare as his posts. But as you asked the question "how can we cure this nose issue? The answer is the only way is to stop eating fats and at best by not eating fats it will at best prevent any further worsening if you are lucky possibly some reduction.

I think any laser treatment for rosacea is barbaric and only leads to further problems and I am always
    extreemly dissapointed to hear of members having laser treatment and thinking to myself how they are ruining their chances of beating the beast.

I have been having a bit of nose problems lately but at this moment its going away through not eating fat. The rest of my face is fine. By having laser treatment you are sealing of the skin so its no longer permeable, not a good situation!

what kind of fats?

Default fats

Quote Originally Posted by cbebe28 View Post
    what kind of fats?
    Well the foremost thing is certainly not to eat any fats or vinegar whatsoever and not to drink alcohol or coffe.
    Its a matter of working round having no fats and building your diet around this principle.
    Start off and build it up slowly or otherwise you will become fed up and not do it.
    You can use olive oil but max one dessert spoonful belive me you can cook anything with this
    My diet goes like this generally :

Breakfast is porridge in 3 minutes microwave then cup of tea allskimmed milk.

Lunch is good quality muesli nuts and whatever yu fancy, add some chopped up fruit into a container then cover with muesli then cover again wi skimmed milk. Leave overnight/fridge to soften take it to work .
    But yu can eat some alternative if yu prefer but no fat. I may have a cup of tea or just warm water .

Teatime I eat anything I fancy e.g. pasta, salads, mash potato or boiled, any vegetable, fish no meats
    I do eat vegi curry twice a week.
    I make my own bread but use olive oil certainly no lard.
    If you eat oil today miss a meal next day no oil.
    Its important not to drink much after an oil meal

Hi,

Ok...I'm confused here a little.

Drums...you've said do not eat any fats whatsoever, and yet the foods you list DO have fats in them (ex. nuts, porridge, fish, etc).

Could you please clarify what you mean by 'fat' ...maybe that's the misunderstanding.

Penny