Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Laser Laser!

Default Laser Laser Laser!

Its seems my flushing is just on my nose now, which is driving me crazy, it also has reactive vessels there, I want to find the best laser to treat this, one with a small head, v beam maybe? has anyone had luck with getting the red out of their nose?

Retired Moderator

I have had significant and repeated success utilizing v-beam. However, I have only had success at purpuric levels. Utilized at levels that do not induce purpura, it has done nothing.
    The purpura/bruises take about a week to fade to pale pink spots, then about another week to be gone completely for me.
    Rob

so after it heals is there any scarring or does it look like the skin before rosacea?

oh and which laser for nose, it seems like my damage is inside

also I am trying to post a pic but can't seem to do it, how did you do it?

Boyandhisdog, what kind of success did you have with v-beam? im thinking of trying it too. Do you have any visible blood vessels, it is mainly those I want to get rid of, and some permanent redness but thats just a small area. BTW, is that a whippet or what kind of dog?

Retired Moderator

Cbe-
    Inside your nose? Is that what you really meant? Oh, then I am way out of my league and don't think I should offer any advice on that! As to you scarring question, as you PM'd me the same question, I already answered it via PM.
    Rob

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sweden View Post
    Boyandhisdog, what kind of success did you have with v-beam? im thinking of trying it too. Do you have any visible blood vessels, it is mainly those I want to get rid of, and some permanent redness but thats just a small area. BTW, is that a whippet or what kind of dog?
    Sweden,
    Nice to see you around. I haven't seen your posts in a while. How did you like NY?

My main concern was also visible vessels. The kind that many men get on the nose itself, and on the nostrils. If I were smarter I would link a picture but you know what I mean right?
    They were driving me batty and I had tried, KTP, Yag, Dornier, V-beam (sub-purpuric), and electric needle. All they did was blanch the vessel for a few days- maybe 5 days at best- and then they would return at exactly the same spot.
    Finally I convinced my laser derm (over a year ago at least) to just humor me and try it turned way the hell up. Burn me, bruise me, blister me- I didn't care. Anyway, she blasted the living crap out of me and as the bruises faded I was happy to see- nothing.
    I went back for several more purpuric treatments and now I only go once every 6 months for a touch up. I just went last week and hit only 4 spots for small veins that had cropped up. My bruises are pretty much gone (but I heal quickly) and the spots appear free of the vessel we were targeting. I will tell you that I had v-beam in sub-pupuric doses at least 4 times with absolutely no results.
    Anyway, hope that helps.
    As for the dog, that is Emmitt. He is a greyhound (similar to but bigger than a whippet) my wife and I adopted from the racetrack about 5 years ago. Sweet, loving but dumb as a box of rocks.
    Rob

Hey, yea NY was very fun. I havent been here for months, just checking in from time to time to see if any new treatment has come our way...which you probably know the answer to. : /
    When you did those treatments, did they do more than one pass during each treatment? When I tried IPL, the doc wouldnt do more than one pass, which sucks. He was very nice and all but just didnt seem to get it.

cbebe28

I do understand what you mean about the inside of the nose. When my nose flushes it feels like it has got a little blocked up, like I am getting a cold. A while ago I am sure that one of the laser doc suggested that this could be from the blood vessels inside the nostrils swelling.

Hopefully the vbeam will help reduce the flushing and thus this feeling might be lessened. I would just add though that purpura induced by other pulse dye lasers may take longer to fade