Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rosacea gone!!! and fast this time

Smile

Hi to you all, I just thought I would post here to simply say that ever since my posting I am still rosacea free. I am not using the kwell lotion any longer either. I only wash my face nightly with acarid soap.I am ecstatic that all my symtoms have never come back to haunt me. Hope you all find the source of your rosacea because there is a solution....just to find the source of your rosacea can be time consuming for sure.

THERE ARE ANSWERS!!

take care
    tamara

I must add that i've been experimenting with using Lyclear cream, which s 5% permethrin, and I have to admit - There is something in it that does help the redness, More than any other topical ive ever used.

I have tried morning and evening applications, but this feels too much. But when i apply nightly and i wake up, my skin not only appears MUCH less red, it also seems to be healing.

Personally, this is not a one off application, as i tried it for a few weeks then stopped, the rosacea came back.
    But there have been studies that 5% permethrin cream is as effective as metronizadole for rosacea control.
    It feels wrong applying a scabies medication to my face at night, but the results are undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by yogataz View Post
    I must add that i've been experimenting with using Lyclear cream, which s 5% permethrin, and I have to admit - There is something in it that does help the redness, More than any other topical ive ever used.

I have tried morning and evening applications, but this feels too much. But when i apply nightly and i wake up, my skin not only appears MUCH less red, it also seems to be healing.

Personally, this is not a one off application, as i tried it for a few weeks then stopped, the rosacea came back.
    But there have been studies that 5% permethrin cream is as effective as metronizadole for rosacea control.
    It feels wrong applying a scabies medication to my face at night, but the results are undeniable.
    Yogataz, are you washing with anything special like Tamara is?

Also, is your skin dry or oily? and do you find this topical to be drying?

I have this topical also and haven't tried it yet....as Tamara said it was drying and that worries me as I can't handle using anything that dries out my skin more.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dx 1998

One more question to add to my earlier post....do you put a moisturizer on after applying this?
    Dx 1998

i cleanse with usual aveeno ultra calming which i have to change as it dries my skin in the winter. then no moisturizer, Just apply Lyclear straight and leave it overnight.

my skin is dry atm but i cant say its the lyclear, as without it my skin is dry anyway

Thanks....I may spot test this sometime later this week and see if I have a problem using it.

Did you experience any side effects? like peeling skin or flushing or burning & stinging after application?
    Dx 1998

none whatsover

Okay you inspired me to try this....I only did a patch test last night on my chin....I have rosacea there also but it is not as bad as the rest of my face. I experienced no burning, stinging or dryness at all....sleep all night with it on my chin and no new bumps or increased redness.

So I will be brave and apply it to my entire face tonight......and report back if I can handle it on my worst rosacea areas.

Yogataz did you do like that doc recommends and apply this to your ears, neck and chest too?

Dr.Anderson (I believe that's her name that recommended this tx) kinda wants us to do the hair and body + all this cleaning and vaccuming of ones bedding....I was just gonna wash everything again and do my ears, face, neck and that's all....let me know how you have been doing it.
    Dx 1998

Hey Lookout and yogataz,

Keep us posted on how this regimen works. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.

Cheers.

Yvette

Update: well I put it on at 9pm (face, ears, neck, chest)....I noticed after about 20mins that my worst rosacea areas....apple of cheeks and my forehead feel "tight".....but everywhere else on my face feels fine. I am not experiencing any flushing which I admit would have caused me to wash it off! but I feel like I need some moisturizer....I will see how I do all night w/o any.
    Dx 1998