Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Need A Facial Cleanser - Fast!

Yes, Cetaphil and Eucerin redness relief cleansing gel both contain sodium laureth sulfate. So even though it's such a short contact time with our skin I wonder if over time it's too harsh for our faces

For me it is! I cannot use ANY cleanser with SLS in it....those ones you mention Melissa make my face turn blood red with a minute of use and I need to remove makeup so those are a no go!

I just ordered the Toleraine Dermo Cleanser.....and if I need to I will add a pinch of the sufurcant I have....it's a super mild one for rosacea....got it from Skin Actives.

Cleansers for me can set me off and then I can't even put on my other topicals! Good luck with making your own.
    Dx 1998

Lookout~

Same for me, absolutely no SLS!

What sufurcant do you get from Skin Actives? I will try it with the Dermo cleanser as well. Do you find the Dermo cleanser removes your makeup?

Thanks,
    Sonja

Hi, it's called Decyl Glucoside.....I had purchased their sea kelp and the sufurcant comes with that purchase....I wouldn't recommend anything to try but that sufurcant....the sea kelp is awful IMO and bothers rosacea terribly as does everything else I tried from them pre-made....I wasted about $200 with them and this little tube of sufurcant is about the only thing worth $2! I don't know if you can buy it alone or not....maybe check on their forums under the rosacea section and see. Or just post a question and ask if you can get it alone....it's a tiny tube but it's supposed to be enough to go in a 6oz lotion/cleanser.

I haven't used the Toleriane Dermo Cleanser yet.....I figure it should work if I just put a pinch of the sufurcant in it for makeup removal....I have been using Good Skin All Calm fash wash and for a long while that was fine but for some reason the last 2wks I can't use it anymore.....rosacea drives me nuts! So I am using pure mineral oil (6 drops) and a few pumps of the GoodSkin so I can remove makeup but my face doesn't like the GS anymore so I need to move on quick....hopefully I get the Toleriane this week so I can test some with the sufurcant and see how well it performs....but I think in theroy you could use any base cream that doesn't bother one and simply add in the sufurcant to have a super mild cleanser.....I have one Neutragenia Senstive skin oil free and I think it could easily work in this too....HTH
    Last edited by Lookout; 7th October 2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Dx 1998