Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Facial Cleanser - Fast!

I use Philosophy microexfoliating wash once per day w/o any problems.....very gentle and works great.
    Dx 1998

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peterc View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions, everone! I'm looking into all of them.

Another cleanser I came across is "Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser." Has anyone had any experience with this one? Good? Bad?
    I used it and it's OK, the oatmeal cleanser is way better. Im going 2 try the one from Clinique bc the lady at the counter said it is foaming but people here say it doesn't so I ordered a sample from Ebay
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Has anyone tried to make their own cleanser with collidoil otmeal? I was thinking of buying some and mixing it with water and jojoba oil....
    take care,

John

I was actually thinking about making my own cleanser as well, using Decyl Glucoside and Collodial Oatmeal.

But, since I'm not a chemist, I have no idea of the ratio of the surfectant to the water.

I found the Aveeno Calming one very very drying...couldn't use it at all....gave it to my teenage sons and they also thought it was nasty. wouldn't recommend that one for sure!

Making my own has crossed my mind....I have a gentle sufurcant for cleansing and am thinking of just putting some in a oil free lotion I am using.....and use that to wash with.....I guess you could add the collodial oat meal to it also....maybe just say a teaspoon to 4oz of base lotion like this one I have....I may try this....I miss my ZIA face wash....I have never found one my skin likes better and it removed make up w/o any problems.
    Dx 1998

Smile

Why don't u try the one from Clinique redness solutions, one of the main ingredients in oatmeal (avena sativa). I thought it was not going 2 work on my oily skin, I remmber how the -Ceatphil cleansing cream made my sed derm worse and burned my face,, but this other cleanser feels so good. I want to massage it on my face the whole day!
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

I noticed a couple of users who had bad experiences w/ Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser so I just wanted to put my two cents in. I recently switched to it after using Eucerin's Redness Relief Cleanser and noticing an incease in p&p. I've found that the Aveeno cleanser is very mild and my face seems to like it. Always after washing w/ Eucerin my face would be slightly more pink for a while afterwards, but I have never had that experience w/ Aveeno Ultra-Calming.

Well, I can now say with experience what some of you have already said: the Aveno cleanser is no good, at least on MY skin. Very drying and irritating to my ultra-sensitive skin.

I'm giving serious consideration to making my own cleanser. It's a quality of life issue at this point.

Default sodium laureth sulfate

Interestingly enough I was very surprised to find out that sodium laureth sulfate is in many facial cleansers including the one I use! I stopped using anything that had that in it on my hair a long time ago but didn't realize it was in my facial cleanser meant for rosaceans!
    The only saving grace is that we don't experience long contact time with it since it is a cleanser and meant to be washed off immediately but still...

I don't think that is something we should be using on our faces but I do love my cleanser and now I am unsure as to what to do. Does anyone have any thoughts about sodium laureth sulfate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_laureth_sulfate

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I had some gentle surfactant that came as a sample in some products I ordered (decyl glucoside, I think?) and I mixed it with 98% pure aloe gel and it was the best cleanser I've ever used. Unfortunately I ran out of the surfactant and had to go back to my leftover Cetaphil, which isn't as nice on my skin.