Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter is here...and its so depressing for rosacea

Default winter is here...and its so depressing for rosacea

went out this morning and after 10minutes in the cold, my face was red and raw.
    this after doing so well in the summer months.
    sadly i dont think my current regime of just LRP toleraine moisturiser and a light spot treatment of LRP fluid foundation is gonna cut it during the winter.

do most people here use sunscreen in winter as well, for the skin protection?

winter is far, far worse for my skin.

Terry

Terry,
    I empathize with you
    My face is not doing well at the moment either
    We have been cycling for the last week and the cold wind has wreaked havok on my poor face. I started wearing a bandana 2 days ago to see if that would help (not a good look but who the hell cares) and I am not sure as my face is still blotchy and more importantly burning.

I definitely do better in the summer

I would recommend that you do wear sunblock as the UV rays still cause damage in the winter albeit they are less powerful than in the summer. So maybe an spf of 20 would be enough? When I cycle I wear 60 even in the cool weather but now that I am covering my face I am going to use 20.

Best of luck in getting it under control Terry.

Melissa

ps have you tried RLT? I am upping my usage now to see if it can help counteract the damage that the cold wind causes.

u know melissa, thats the ONLY thing i havent tried..perhaps i should.

to be honest i just feel broken today. my self consifence is at an all time low, and being single, in a city full of good looking guys with perfect skin, i just feel so lonely, and outside of the world that people with normal skin inhabit.

Terry (?)

this past week I have been feeling the same. Sort of 'left out' of normal society. I'm a student, and I live in a studenty area where everyone is very trendy and beautiful!

Boyfriend and I were invited to a party on wednesday, and although my face wasn;t great, I put on some makeup, a dress, and made a real effort, and I admit I got a lot of male attention that night. The thing is, we're all pretending, I'm sure. I think everyone probably has some flaw or insecurity they're desperately trying to hide from everyone else. And we;re all so busy with our own insecurity that we barely notice anyone else's. That's what I think. I should really follow my own advice!

I hope you feel better soon

as a guy its a lot harder for me to to put on some makeup without feeling like a fraud.
    that i do use some kind of coverup or tinted sunscreen has, i feel, contributed to that feeling.
    its like- this is not who i really am, and thats a hard thing to get over, especially when it comes to feeling attractive to other people.

Terry,

I feel for you it is really tough especially because you don't have a loving partner who can help you through. But I feel rosacea is the great weeder out of people not worth your energy so it can work for you that way. You know when someone loves you it's you they care about. The real you. Having said that I can say that the real you comes through here and is sensitive and sweet and a wonderful personand though it's tough now you will meet that special partner to share your life with. Someone as special as you who is deserving of your love as you are theirs. Sorry to get a bit mushy but that's how I feel.

Regarding the RLT please consider trying it. It is really helping me loads.

All the best,
    Melissa

thank you for your kind words melissa.

A good physical sunblock should do a fairly decent job of minimising the impact of cold wintry winds. (Chemical sunscreens provide no such benefit).

RLT is certainly something you should try, Terry.

I think exercise is very important during the cold and depressing Winter months. If you are able to do some sort of physical activity early in the day you might just find that the elevation in body temperature renders those late afternoon/early evening flushes less violent.

Best wishes!

Hi folks dont mean to but in here but can anyone tell me those who have had both, which is better RLT or IPL for flushing or redness? I find it doesn matter if its summer or winter its heat that brings me out everytime if its not the sticky weather during summer that causes it, its all the radiators blasting away during winter. Cant win. Ps i use the sunblock throughout the yr helps as a good makeup base and hides some redness