Thread: General advice from those with experience please!

Default General advice from those with experience please!

I just wanted some advice from those of you that have been doing this for a lot longer than me. 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Rosacea when I was pregnant with my first boy. I developed a face full of papules with redness, swelling and peeling it settled very quickly with Dr Hauschka products. The second out break was also when I was pregnant and settled very quickly again with Dr H Rose cream and Sensitive Conditioning ampoules.

This is my third flare up and has been a battle for the last 2 months Ė and I am not pregnant. I just wanted some advice on supplements. Currently Iím taking Flaxseed oil, Fish oil, Olive Leaf extract, probiotics, multivitamins and a face supplement that includes Grape seed extract, green tea etc from Zenmed. Other than that Iím also on Doxycycline, Rosex cream and Propanalol.

Iím about to start an Ivermectin trial so I canít be putting too much more on my face. Is it often that something works for a while and then stops? From my readings on your forum it seems it is going to be a constant battle of trying this and that and then something else again. I had acne as a kid and was looking forward to the clear wrinkle free skin when I got older that everyone promised me.

One more question I get papules now on my neck but when they heal the skin is very wrinkly around the area, does this settle with time?

Sorry, I am a newbi and realised that I posted this in the wrong forum.

No problem I will move your thread.

Are you trying topical Ivermectin or oral Ivermectin? I would be more inclined to try the oral Ivermectin as there are no real side effects with that compared to the irritation you may experience with the topical. Also, oral will take care of a systemic issue much more effectively. This is all according to my friend who is very smart and an MD. He has taken oral ivermectin a lot (dozens of times over the last few years) as he works in a hospital and is constantly exposed to people who have scabies and other issues that require a course of oral Ivermectin and then 14 days another course. He says that he never has any side effects and that it is not common to get side effects.

Of course, everyone is different and you won't know till you try. As long as you are under a capable doctor's supervision you should be fine.
    Good luck and let us know how you do.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Look into Finacea, an azelaic acid prescription cream. It absolutely worked miracles on clearing up my p&ps. Here is a link to manufacturer's website: http://www.finacea.com/html/switching/index.html It isn't available in all countries.

Also, consider Oracea. http://www.oracea.com/ I have never used, but lots of favorable feedback on this forum.

Smile

It is a topical Ivermectin trial to go over about a year. The trial is being done globally with 400 participants in 10 countries. It is being overseen by the Head of Dermatology at the Gold Coast Hospital so I feel like I'm in good hands.

Just have to wait and see if it works. From the forum it sounds like there are lots of options and you really need to make it part of your life. I was hoping to treat it and it would go away. I have children with multiple life threatening food allergies and that is so much part of our lives,:: this is just something else to think about.

Oh well, I know that I have it a lot easier than some, just not as easy as others.

Any advice on the small patches of wrinkly skin on my neck? They seem to appear after the papules have healed.

Red light is supposed to be good for wrinkles and some people here have said it actally does help LOL. So, you may want to look into that.

You are right in that we just have to make it part of our lives just like your children do and will when they go out on their own. Hopefully they will grow out of the allergies but even if not it seems what you deal with from a young age is just "normal" to them. Human beings can be very resilient

Good luck with the Ivermectin trials and let us know how it goes.
    Fingers crossed

Best wishes,
    Melissa