Thread: what is the best treatment for phymatous?

Default what is the best treatment for phymatous?

Anyone know what the best treatment for this sub type is?

i also have this, it seems that we are very much in the minority. i am thinking of red light and lo dose accutane. watch ur diet .lower carb, lots of green veggies helps me. basically the cleaner your diet the better.hope others out there who have found a treatment willl post. all the best...........lin

Yeah we are pretty much minority.. I've made a thread about my situation at photos -section (also pic at last page) and there is something I've tried and some opinions at this.. I think low dose accutane + zyrtec is one, then ZZ-cream, laser (for reddness only) and maybe diet. Many treatments are worth to try but there are some.. I've thought that it would be good thing to make a thread for only ppls at this subtype wher they could change the thoughts and help eachothers because as said, we are minority for all rosacea subtypes think.

Default Phymatous subtype

Hello
    I also have this dreaded subtype. What has helped me is: very low dose accutane, red light therapy, over the counter antihistamine, and diet (no gluten, corn, citrus, dairy, sugar, or alcohol). I also found that an herbal supplement known as "Humaworm" seemed to help. From everything I can tell, my phymatous rosacea is related to a problem in my intestine that causes inflammation...some kind of microbe infestation. The reason I say this is when I have taken steps over the years to reduce the microbes in my gut my rosacea has gotten a lot better. It never seems to last, however, unless I am perfect in keeping with a low carb diet. Thus, I now use the treatments listed above to help. I have to say that my skin now looks quite good...the addition of red light therapy really helped. It also helped a lot of my premature wrinkling (yay!)
    Queta

Default Phymatous rosacea

One more thing I forgot to mention...I have used Walgreens brand Zinc Oxide sunscreen with success. It seems to not only help with sun protection but heals the skin. My skin usually looks nice and healthy the day after I have used it for a sunscreen. I sometimes put it on during a flush, too, it seems to calm and cool the skin.
    Queta

My IPL doctor had a patient who had phymatous rosacea on his forehead. It was really obvious and I kept visualising Herman Munster. I don't mean that in a nasty way. It was simply that protruding forehead which made comparisons in my mind.

IPL had little effect, so the doc used the Yag 1064 laser. Several treatments were needed. Maybe more, I can't recall exactly, but the results were wonderful.
    You would never know this patient had previously suffered such a problem.
    Now he has a maintenance IPL every 3 to 6 months.

This man had been told by his dermatologist he required surgery and not wanting to go that route, he decided to try IPL/Laser first.