Thread: Laser Genesis

Default Laser Genesis

I have undergone more than 20 IPL with decent reductions in redness. They were harsh on my face since I am olive skin. I am planning to undergo Laser genesis hopefully to rejuvenate my skin and further reduce my redness. Anyone have any experience.

Thanks,

DC

Hi,

I have not had the genesis, but I am considering undergoing some treatments.
    The Vasculight IPL worked well for me until Xmas, when I developed terrible rosacea, due to the use of a topical vitamin A.
    Since then I seem to have become resistant to the Vasculight. I have also suffered some damage from over treatment.
    Anyway, I have a consultation to see a team of doctors next week to see if I might be a candidate for the Genesis.
    Currently I am still learning about it and certainly won't be making any quick decisions about what I want to do.

I too have olive skin, plus I have melasma in a couple of areas in addition to severe rosacea. A complex case.
    Meanwhile, if you have started treatment, it would be great to share information and compare results.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

hi Mistica,

I still have not undergone laser genesis as yet. I am actually getting treated for Sebborheic dermatits near my beard and eyebrows. I was wondering whether I have suffered damage due to excessive treatments as well. I had nearly 25 triple pass IPLs. The derm I go to thinks so. Near my sideburns and below my eyes my skin is very rough intexture and does not hold any moisturize. How did you manage to alter the textural damage if any. Appreciate any information.

I was wondering have you ever considered V-beam. I plan to go for a consulation for my redness. My flusging and blushing is in good control.
    DC

Hi,

Does your abnormal texture look a bit like orange peel?
    I developed that on my left cheek and just under my nose. In addition the doc fried my nose and this also has an orange peel effect, plus slight crinkling. Makes me feel sick.
    I had a double pass there at extremely high energies, as the doc wasn't thinking. For the rest of my face, I have only ever had one pass. The damage I received on my left cheek was caused by energies being too high again.

I was told to use topical Retinyl Palmitate to try and alleviate the cheek damage. At the time, I didn't have the nose damage.
    My skin smoothed out a fair bit, as one would expect with topical A. However, it was too much of an irritant for me, and after 6 months I developed full blown rosacea. Previously, it had been in control for some years. I now have the worse rosacea I have ever had.
    And, I no longer respond to the Vasculight IPL.

So, now I have rotten rosacean, delicate skin and texture damage and simply don't know what to do.
    It sounds like you may have indeed experienced damage too. By the way, I have had far more IPL's than you, but I guess it boils down to how much the skin can handle, how aggressive the treatment is, and who is pushing the button! I should never have needed as many!

You might like to take a look at my posting in the 'news' section, under the title 'side effects from IPL'. On the last page there are a couple of photos of my cheek. I have makeup on which shows how it sits on the uneven skin. Admittedly, they don't depict the severity, but I think that is a common problem with amateur photographers such as myself. Can't get the right lighting etc,

Since I stopped the topical A, my skin is reverting. The texture damage is becoming more obvious again.
    Like you, the skin doesn't retain moisture well and yet before all of this, I had really oily skin.

I have fine, translucent skin and it could benefit from dermal thickening.
    When I was phoning clinics yesterday, looking for some kind of help, I came across someone with 10 years experience and she seemed to cope extremely well with my intense interrogation. She has treated rosaceans before, and feels she might be able to help me. I am glad she said 'might', because as soon as someone makes guarantees I cross them off my list.
    Anyway, next week, I am going for a consultation and thorough skin examination. Meanwhile I have to send her some photos of me prior to my deterioration and during it, so she can get some idea of the changes my skin has undergone.

I must admit, I don't hold too much hope in the redness department, but if I could reduce the flushing and also, importantly, improve the integrity of my skin, I would feel much better.
    You never know, if I do decide to go ahead with this, the redness might fade as well, but at this stage, I am not getting my hopes up. Better to remain cautiously optimistic

Ivan's ( another forum member) experience with the genesis was poor, unfortunately. He did feel he had been treated rather aggressively though, as the procedure was painful.
    I shall certainly be having a test patch done first before making my final decision. Like everyone else, I fear getting worse.

Finally, to answer your other question, I have never considered V-beam, as there isn't one in my locality. And even if there was, I feel it would be too traumatic for my tortured skin at this stage.

I will post again, after I have had my consultation

Let us know how you get along too.
    Last edited by Mistica; 17th September 2008 at 11:56 PM.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Well, I have done a far amount of research on the Genesis, including reading posts on message boards where things have gone terrible wrong.
    I can't find anything relating to the Genesis specifically, but there are many horrer stories from Thermage patients.
    I know the two lasers are not exactly the same, but the way they work seems to be very similar.
    I will still go for my consultation, but I doubt I will go ahead with this treatment.
    I do not want fat loss added to my problems!

Does anyone have an information on all this?

Thanks!
    Previous Numerous IPL.

Hi Mistica,

Thanks for your reply. I have a consult with a laser derm tommorow. He has A Nd-Yag and V-beam. Most importantly, i want to get my skin texture right followed by hopefully some reduction in redness.
    I will keep you posted.

DC

Hi,

Could you possibly ask your derm some questions about the Genesis on my behalf?
    Such as how effective is it for rosaeca symptoms?
    And, very importantly, has it been known to cause fat loss?

Good luck with your consultation. I hope you find something which will help you with no adverse side effects
    Previous Numerous IPL.