Thread: lookin for a new red light unit in the uk

Default lookin for a new red light unit in the uk

I really like the acnelamp from acnelamp.com
    its very pricey (i think) for 600 us dollars but I particularly like the triple head version with its flexible neck so I could use it in a variety of positions from sitting to lying down with more comfort than the standard table top varieties. I would very much like to experiment with the red/blue setup. I have been on the all red unit for a couple of years and found it to be very effective at treating facial redness and flushing. but my pimples/spots/paps whatever you call them seem quite unnaffected. I am hoping the blue light which attacks the bacteria will help in this area too.

I could always try the beautyskin acne lamp. which is fairly large device consisting of red and blue flourescent tubes. But I may or may not have a sensitivity to flourescent lighting. I have never tried it and I don't particularly see the point in experiementing with something that could be potentially harmful anyway. Besides which flourescent lighting is going to generate more heat. Which is one of my worse triggers.

So now I am sort of stuck trying to decide whether I should get the american unit and pay for international shipping, lack of support if for example it breaks down and potentially expensive lamp replacements (if i find that blue irritates me) or just to choose the flourescent option here in the uk and just try to reduce the heat by using a fan. But if possible I would love to find an alternative to the acnelamp here in the uk.
    If anyone can give me advice about any of this would very much appreciate it. Since I broke my old red light device I want to urgently get a replacement before the absence of my red light treatment takes effect.

did I mention that I dont like the way the flourscent lamps don't curve to get the sides of your face? would that be an issue?
    Last edited by pontypool; 17th August 2008 at 11:39 AM.

I have a chance to get one of the flourescent lamps for only 100 "nearly new" says its been used for 20 hours. thats not bad considering the lamps last for 400.