Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tear drainage stuck in face

Default tear drainage stuck in face

haha.. i don't know how else to title it.

wondering if anyone has any suggestions if i should apply something over the counter or use hot or cold compresses???? i have a blocked tear duct or overflow of tears going down to my cheek bone...looks like a extra strip of bags under the eyes.

--i have a a lump on upper lid with peeling skin and discharge crusts on eyelid.. *almost gone using hot compresses...

-- then 2 days ago i got a blocked tear duct right under my lower eyelid (same eye) from heavy lifting... right after i lifted 4 heavy rock bags i felt my eye was going to explode. after 1 or 2 hot compreses it went down by 50%.

-- then last nght i was very upset and cried off and on for hours..... now the blocked tear duct is major sore and maybe a hardness..it's not easily seen... but i think some of my tears went down to upper cheeck bone presenting the look of a blocked tear duct there too!!!!!

i don't want to make my cheek area worse... i don't know if it's best to use cold or hot there and what else i could do to get rid of it.

i look terriable. shower and hot compress for 5 mins helped it just a little.

i'd appreciate any suggestions
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

Sorry about this.
    I would continue warm compresses and massage the area to see if you can get it to open on its own but if you can't you may need to see an eye doctor to get it unblocked. This should be a simple procedure.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/b...topic-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blo...r-duct/AN00910

Is there any sign of infection present because if so you need antibiotics.
    If you have any blepharitis you also want to do lid scrubs at the lid margins.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001016.htm

Good luck nwc.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

thanks melissa *hugs*

i might have to take a pic to fully see what i'm talking about... after hard cries, yeah my eye area has gotten swollen with bags underneathe... this is just different...different look and area. obviously am blocked since the tears didn;t reach my nose to discharge some..it went to right above my cheekbone.

today it felt good with cold water while washing my face... i just have no experience where it is i'm mostly concerned about..eye area is different. i don't want to use cold or hot and one of the two to make it worse or prolong.

everytime i cry a good amount i get this sh*t on eye lids.... ever since i've had rosacea. first time i've cried while having it and has done this....

i'll be away for weekend.. will update how i do and what hopefully will get me back to normal... if anyone has some more feedback/experiences..i welcome it.. will try to check in before i leave..but will later since it might still be around.
    i can cry easily sometimes... it can be good..but a lesson to trust life...and actualy what i questioned and misunderstood... i cred and got upset for no good reason... but a reminder of..just trust life. lol

nwc,
    You can use cool compresses right after you cry to get the swelling/puffiness down around the eye area. Use warm compresses to try and open up the duct/stye/chalazion/bleph etc. So warm is for unclogging and opening and cool is for soothing and depuffing.

Melissa

You're a sweetheart Melissa. So wonderful to have you on this board. Always good advice.

And Melissa is right I think you need to see an eye doctor as soon as possible.

Good luck.

I also have problems with my eyelids, God a constant battle!

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Thanks Alba
    You're a sweetie too

ok thanks

yeah...definately next time i cry again i'll do the cold stuff...in fact also the hot stuff to make sure or hope i don't get blocked again!!!!!! haha

plans ended early and am home and about to continue the hot.

yesterday morn i used the hot compresses 3 times (5-10 mins each time) n about 3 hours... then was out and hotel didn't have microwave and i didnt feel like doing it in front of friend... but i kept waking up with a lot of tear discharge..and here and there today a little bit of tear discharge and everything in size on eye lid and below has decreased and much less painful to blink ect... so i'm hopeful it might go away all together without meds and a doctor. it's very red inside lid.

a few minutes ago i rubbed my eye not thinking about it and some off white/cream colored discharge came out in the inner lower eye lid... i have never had this happen from a blocked tear duct..it looks like sleep discharge, but much more than i EVER get on normal circumstances...but it wasn't substantial amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    You're a sweetheart Melissa. So wonderful to have you on this board. Always good advice.

And Melissa is right I think you need to see an eye doctor as soon as possible.

Good luck.

I also have problems with my eyelids, God a constant battle!

Alba

isn't she!!!! she's such a beautiful person at heart... i love her energy and she's there for everyone if she can give advice and share experiences.

there's a lot of great mods here... i'm unfamilur with some..but all around fantastic forum.

nwc,

The discharge sounds like it could be bacterial. Are you doing lid scrubs? I would recommend that before bed and when you wake up to help the "sleep" discharge which can be due to bacteria (blepharitis) at your lid margins. In conjunction with the warm compresses this could help the blocked tear duct.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lidscrubs.html

Good luck and thanks for the kind words.
    It's nice to see you back here

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl View Post
    nwc,

The discharge sounds like it could be bacterial. Are you doing lid scrubs? I would recommend that before bed and when you wake up to help the "sleep" discharge which can be due to bacteria (blepharitis) at your lid margins. In conjunction with the warm compresses this could help the blocked tear duct.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lidscrubs.html

Good luck and thanks for the kind words.
    It's nice to see you back here

Melissa
    no... i don't ever do scrubs unless i have something going on with eye lids already, but past 2 times... it just went away on it's own quickly (day or two) and this series this past week i had to use hot compresses.

but i didn't know "sleep" discharge was bacteria or likely it. thank you, good info to know. it doesn't happen all the time, but here and there meaning with "wet sleep discharge"... but often i wake up with a tiny tad of dried discharge in corner of eye.
    hmmmm... yeah, i read one of your comments on another thread... maybe i should do this reguarly..just takes a minute to wash with baby shampoo...then i can get q-tips to swipe inner linings to help prevent..using purified or boiled clean water.

btw... i feels about 90% healed. near all puffiness is gone...just a tad sore in eyelid probably because it;s red and went through heck the past few days...but the lump is gone now!!!!!! whew. but i'm still going to do a couple more hot compresses to make sure...and scrub eyes... yes.

thx melissa for the welcome... i ramble a lot... lol... i'm sure many don't read my posts...LOL...after they see the lenghts...... and then the mods that have to read it...mwahahahaha!!!!!! :p