Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here...looking for help!

Really hard to recommend which Eucerin to use. Some people like the Daily Perfecting Lotion SPF15, which has a green tint (supposed to tone down the redness). Others don't like it at all and get the Soothing Moisturing Lotion which has no tint. Some have reported favorably on the Night Cream, but others don't like it. With rosacea it seems that treatment is more of an art than a science. You have to experiment. Whenever you do try something new, give it at least a couple weeks even if the immediate result seems to aggravate your rosacea. Your skin often times needs to adjust to new treatment. Fortunately, you don't have sensitive skin. I used the Anti-aging Serum and had some improvement with redness, but it wasn't a miracle for me. As I say, some people love this product line, while others much less so.

The Eucerin website has coupons: http://www.eucerinus.com/rednessrelief/ Click on the "The Products" link.

It sounds like you may be using too much MetroGel but hard for me to say because I use Metrolotion. Metrolotion for me seems to absorb pretty well, but I don't use a whole lot (just a little on my index finger for each side of my face). Also, I always use at night before bed so I don't really worry about how it looks. If I were you, I would just experiment with using less and see how your skin reacts.

Here's an article you may find interesting and it lists the ingredients in many moisturizers

http://www.skintherapyletter.com/download/stl_10_5.pdf

Also:
    http://rosaceagroup.org/review/r/index.html

Melissa, I am familiar with the second link. But I wish it was more complete in terms of options. Also, the number of reviews for many products is too small for me to draw any conclusions (sometimes just one review). Still, it is worth a look when considering a product.

I'm sure you know about this, but I like this website to get reviews (but it isn't geared to rosacea): buzzillions.com It compiles reviews from other websites, e.g. drugstore.com. It works best for me when I have a product in mind. Here are the reviews for Eucerin Redness Relief line:

http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?Ntt=e...&D=x&x=12&y=16

Thanks GuyinLA. I will check it out!

I agree with you that there are way too few reviews and not enough products listed. I just offered it as a place to begin for someone unfamiliar with the products etc.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

PS Snapple guy -For what it's worth re the Eucerin and some other topicals
    I like the original Eucerin moisturizing lotion and cream
    I like the Eucerin night soothing cream
    I do not like the green tinted lotion. Way too fake and does not go on well IMO.
    I like the soothing moisturizing lotion without the tint

I do like the untinted Linda Sy zinco. I never tried the tinted one.

I like CeraVe lotion and cream.

Just my opinion on those products and remember (I know broken record but so true) everyone is different and try a patch test first before trying a new topical on your whole face.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple_Guy View Post
    My face is constantly flushed when I'm at work. It feels as if it's a psychological thing because as soon as I step in the building it happens and it's pretty cool in there. I don't understand it. I've pretty much avoided sun my entire life but that gives me problems as well.
    Do you work under fluorescent lights by any chance? It's a trigger for a lot of people.

I can be sitting in an air conditioned room watching a movie for 2-3 hours and I'll still be red.
    Anything that produces an electromagnetic field can be a trigger, including CRT and LCD screens. Some brands are worse than others, some don't seem to do it at all. There are anti-glare/radiation filters that can eliminate the problem with monitors, but they also make it harder to see the screen.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLA View Post
    Really hard to recommend which Eucerin to use. Some people like the Daily Perfecting Lotion SPF15, which has a green tint (supposed to tone down the redness). Others don't like it at all and get the Soothing Moisturing Lotion which has no tint. Some have reported favorably on the Night Cream, but others don't like it. With rosacea it seems that treatment is more of an art than a science. You have to experiment. Whenever you do try something new, give it at least a couple weeks even if the immediate result seems to aggravate your rosacea. Your skin often times needs to adjust to new treatment. Fortunately, you don't have sensitive skin. I used the Anti-aging Serum and had some improvement with redness, but it wasn't a miracle for me. As I say, some people love this product line, while others much less so.

The Eucerin website has coupons: http://www.eucerinus.com/rednessrelief/ Click on the "The Products" link.

It sounds like you may be using too much MetroGel but hard for me to say because I use Metrolotion. Metrolotion for me seems to absorb pretty well, but I don't use a whole lot (just a little on my index finger for each side of my face). Also, I always use at night before bed so I don't really worry about how it looks. If I were you, I would just experiment with using less and see how your skin reacts.
    Thanks for the advice. I went to my local CVS a couple nights ago and purchased what I could in terms of Eucerin. I got the redness relief soothing cleanser, soothing moisture lotion, daily perfecting lotion, and soothing night creme.

I've been using the cleanser and then the night creme right after I shower at night before I go to bed. I only shower once a day due to the fact that it makes my skin really red and in the morning I put on the cleanser and then the green lotion. Am I going about it the right way? I'm pretty inexperienced in putting facial products on.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Do you work under fluorescent lights by any chance? It's a trigger for a lot of people.

Anything that produces an electromagnetic field can be a trigger, including CRT and LCD screens. Some brands are worse than others, some don't seem to do it at all. There are anti-glare/radiation filters that can eliminate the problem with monitors, but they also make it harder to see the screen.
    I'm really not sure if I do or not but I'll look into it. It's kind of a psychological thing because I can walk into the store and instantly i'll start flushing while i'm working but if i'm not working i'm fine. It's the strangest thing.

Snapple, first of all, don't expect immediate results. It will take weeks before you know if Eucerin Redness Relief products work for you. You need to give it at least 2 weeks, preferably longer, before making any judgment. Since you don't have sensitive skin, it is likely that the worst outcome is that you don't see much improvement. Believe me, that can happen. If so, you need to explore something else. There is nothing "cookie cutter" about dealing with rosacea. What works very well for one person, doesn't work at all for another.

Your routine should be in this order, morning and before bed: (1) Cleanse, (2) Moisturize, (3) Sunblock in the morning (unless your moisturizer already includes). You purchased all three of Eucerin's Redness Relief moisturizer products. You only want to use one moisturizer at time.

The Soothing Night Cream would be used at night, as the name implies.

You can experiment between the remaining two and see what works best for you for morning application. Some people don't like the way the Daily Perfecting Lotion (with green tint) looks. Others do. If you don't like the Daily Perfecting Lotion, try the Soothing Moisture Lotion. Both have sunblocks included, so you have that covered. I think the Daily Perfecting Lotion would be considered the more "heavy duty" product. The green tint supposedly improves your appearance upon application.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLA View Post
    Snapple, first of all, don't expect immediate results. It will take weeks before you know if Eucerin Redness Relief products work for you. You need to give it at least 2 weeks, preferably longer, before making any judgment. Since you don't have sensitive skin, it is likely that the worst outcome is that you don't see much improvement. Believe me, that can happen. If so, you need to explore something else. There is nothing "cookie cutter" about dealing with rosacea. What works very well for one person, doesn't work at all for another.

Your routine should be in this order, morning and before bed: (1) Cleanse, (2) Moisturize, (3) Sunblock in the morning (unless your moisturizer already includes). You purchased all three of Eucerin's Redness Relief moisturizer products. You only want to use one moisturizer at time.

The Soothing Night Cream would be used at night, as the name implies.

You can experiment between the remaining two and see what works best for you for morning application. Some people don't like the way the Daily Perfecting Lotion (with green tint) looks. Others do. If you don't like the Daily Perfecting Lotion, try the Soothing Moisture Lotion. Both have sunblocks included, so you have that covered. I think the Daily Perfecting Lotion would be considered the more "heavy duty" product. The green tint supposedly improves your appearance upon application.

Good luck.
    Oh I definitely don't expect to see immediate results. I'm on day three of it so far and things are going pretty well. The only thing bad that has happened was today around lunch time I had a major major flare-up during work. I'm not really sure what caused it but I shaved the night before and that always pains me. Are there any tricks or anything to shaving? I use an electric razor right now. Also, should I be using specific shampoo or toothpaste? I had no idea that those products would have an affect on my face but I've read that it does.

Snapple,

Shaving sucks but I have to do it 5 days a week. What works best for me is the Norelco cool skin wet/dry electric. I shave with it in the shower while I'm under the water. I shave with the grain and only go over each area 2x. This leaves me only slightly irritated and doesn't make me all flushed. It isn't the closest shave but who cares...
    take care,

John