Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduction in redness

Default Reduction in redness

has anyone on the boards had success in reducing redness using the 660 red light array besides iowa david who had remarkable before and after pics.

thanks

dc

I've been using 660 RLT for about 6 weeks now and have seen definite improvement in overall redness. I started with 2 portable/hand held units (LEDMAN) and now that I've seen the results will purchase the 3 headed acnelamp in the near future (so I won't have to hold the lamps!). I started slowly - 4 minutes once a day, and now do 6-9 minutes twice a day. Initially I would get mild swelling/redness on my cheeks after a session, but it never lasted and seems to have decreased.

I know others on this board have indicated the RLT does not help much with P&Ps... perhaps it is completely coincidental, but I have seen a huge improvement in P&ps in the last 4-5 weeks - unsure if I can attribute this to the RLT. My skin is also much less dry and flaky, but that could be related to the very humid weather we've had in the northeast this summer!

thanks for your reply..finally someone answered. i have been using it for 5 weeks and have seen some reduction in overall redness as well with 10 mins/day.

can you please tell me whether your rosacea is vascular or mainly p&ps and is it mild or moderate.

thanks.

dc

I'd call my rosacea moderate. I flush fairly often, mostly from heat/cold and exercise, but also from wine and some "unknowns". I do have an overall ruddy/red complexion which has been improving with the RLT The redness and flushing have been going on for a couple of years. I started getting P&Ps about 6-8 months ago and my skin also became very dry and flakey over the past year. My skin is incredibly sensitive and I get painful burning sensations (which has also decreased since RLT).

Glad the RLT seems to be working for you, too!! Yeah

Redflake...

My skin is incredibly sensitive and I get painful burning sensations (which has also decreased since RLT).

The burning sensations that you get, do those happen during flushing or even when not flushing (ie. when you skin is calm)?? I'm glad it's helping the burning...I know it can be a bothersome symptom. I hope that it can help me too.

Penny

2 months of daily red LED use and I haven't seen a reduction in perm redness. It does have a calming effect though so i will continue and hope that redness reduction comes with more time..
    take care,

John

hi ,

i think it atkes time with red light therapy sometimes months to see its effect. I have read some old posts and some even claim that it might be a year of daily use to see its max effect. Which unit do you have, if you dont mind sharing.

thanks.

dc

Pennya,

I get the burning symptoms both with and without actual redness. Sometimes I'll think my face must be beat red based on how it feels, but when I look in the mirror it's not very red (other times of course it is red!). I have noticed a decrease in the burning sensations since using RLT, so I do hope it works for you too

Redflake...thanks for your reply.

How far away from your face did you start off holding the unit? How far do you have it now (assuming it changed)??

Thanks!!

PS. which exact LEDMAN unit are you using...the one comprised 96 led's?

RLT (2x84 arrays from Elixa; initially@6", now @ 2") has helped my persistent redness ( I suffer solely from the vascular aspects).

Redness may be less permanent than many assume. Prolonged inflammation attended by redness (and/or a protracted low-burning flush) should be the sort of thing RLT can successfully tackle.