Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to control the flushing and redness after IPL

Default How to control the flushing and redness after IPL

Hi there, Im sure most of people having an IPL treatment suffers from extreme burning, flushing and redness after an IPL treatment for a week or so and it doesnt take much to set this off.

Both Sonja (mysweetchester) and myself have a big night out 4celebration a few days after r treatments and any helpful tips on controlling this problem would be fab.

Ps: no suggestions on using water or anything like that as I know myself Ill be attempting to hide all this under makeup!!!

But we can use prior to the night 2reduce this as much as possible and the night itself

thanks!

Antihistamines and Beta blockers is about the rest I can come up with. sorry

Ice chips in your mouth if you feel yourself getting warm. Just take them from your cocktail

Ice at the back of your neck.

Portable fan to sneak into the ladies room to cool down a beginning flush.

Hopefully it will be dark enough anyway that no one will notice.

Good luck and have fun!!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Default To party or not?

I hate to be a party pooper, but is it a good idea to go out partying so soon after IPL? You are supposed to avoid as many triggers as possible for at least two weeks following treatment. Seeing you flush terribly already after treatment, wouldn't it be better to miss this party and instead, relax at home with ice packs at hand?
    Treatments cost a fortune and it would be a shame to ruin any benefits due to one night out.
    Surely there will be other parties and social events, which you can (hopefully), enjoy without having to worry about flushing and hiding under a layer of makeup

Default After IPL

Mistica,
    I was told following my IPL to stay out of the sun, but I always stay out of the sun anyway. I use Linda Sy zinco untinted. It really calms the skin down. It is a zinc oxide sun screen spf 20. It is the only sunscreen I am able to use. You have to order it though.

Default Big night out

Thanks everyone for the tips!!! appreciate it dont worry Melissa Ill have my fan with me

Mistica I know I should be going out and avoiding triggers but the Big night out is a family thing which I cant avoid its a celebratory 50th wedding anniversary. The practitioner wouldn't let me move my treatment back or forward one week as she said it would upset the whole thing so Im stuck. All I can do is keep as cool as possible & keep sneaking out to the loo or outside lol.

I hope it wont be too bad though

Oh, that is a sticky one. Such an important celebration. I understand your desire to attend.

I guess you just have to keep as cool as possible then. Go armed with all your cooling equipment and hope for the best

Another thought...
    Once when Greg and I attended this social function he spoke to the manager of the restaurant and had them turn the heat off and it was so nice and cool and no one complained as everything is overheated in NYC in the winter anyway.

Perhaps you can speak to the manager or whomever is in charge and explain you are recovering from a procedure and need the temp a bit cooler and you may be pleasantly surprised. Everyone is used to a/c blasting in the summer anyway so it may be no problem!

Good luck and enjoy and congrats to the happy couple!
    Melissa

Hi Ally,

No more advice to add, just wanted to say I hope the latest IPL had gone well and that you have a great night out. I had my first IPL yesterday, with Dr Crouch, and am nowhere near as red as I was expecting today. I'm not going to be sitting at home with ice-packs either, as I'm off to France on holiday in a few days! Just going to pack lots of hats, fan and sunblock - the usual, really.

Kristina

Default Coping with the flushes

Thanks again everyone thats a good idea melissa!

Have a good holiday Kristina ps ill be ordering some more of the suncreem

I know Mistica typical so inconsiderate of them lol to clash with my treatments haha