Thread: red/blue combo + dryness?

Default red/blue combo + dryness?

Ok, so I sifted through the board. I'm tempted to give the red/blue light combo a shot because I have acne (cystic, hormonal) that began when I came off of my antidepressant (over one year ago!) I know that it isn't just rosacea P + Ps because I have acne and some cystic acne all over my back, got some on my chest and neck as well (that, thank God, have gone away). I know that everyone just recommends the red, but flushing/blushing isn't as much of a problem (though still annoying) due to numerous IPLs, ETS, and living the life of a vampire.

My question is:

- In your experience, does RLT/BLT help fade acne marks?

- How DRY does RLT make your face? Significantly dry or just a tad dry? Like, on a scale from 1 - 5? (5 being flakes coming off of skin and rough patches, 1 being 'no dryness') This is a major issue for me, due to ETS of course and because my face is almost completely anhidrotic and depleted of moisture (yet still manages to come up with enough juice to pump out pimples, I'll never understand it.)

I so want these damn spots to go away! -- and interestingly enough, my acupuncturist has been using infrared light on my back to heat the needles and my bacne has decreased. Don't want to do IPL for the acne scars because it I feel like I've done it too many times already, I always look anemic after, its psychologically damaging, and the results only last a couple weeks.

I found this combo unit, the "Caribbean-Sun-Box-Red-Blue-Light-Therapy" on Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Caribbean-Sun-Bo...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks kind of cheapy, but its just $180.00, stands up on its own, and seems to cover more space than the one headed acne lamp for less $$. What do you guys think?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    We all live in a Yellow Submarine.

Rosacea Song of the Moment --
    "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box" - Radiohead

Acne Lamp makes a good 2 or 3 headed red/blue combo with an intensity control knob and an automatic timer. Its a little pricey but may be worth it for you..
    take care,

John

I have been using red/blue light hterapy for about 18 months now. I have previously been on accutane and although it clear my body acne and reduced the severity of my facial acne it didn't work miracles, also left me a numbe rof nasty side effects, stay away from it.

Well anyway, my skin is obviously been made dry after accutane, but the lights dont seem to make it any worse. I only moisturise once per day and that is enough!!

I have also looked into the unit your looking at and i emailed a number of people who bought it. I wanted a more compact one as i currently have a beauty skin. They gave good reports.

If you skin clears up in the sun then the red/blue combo should work well. I personally clear better with the unit than i do with sun exposure!!

Good luck and pm me if you have any questions.

Thanks guys, I might make a purchase of the Caribbean sunbox when I come back from vacay. I was also talking to my acupuncturist, and she has a rather large stand up light unit that is infrared. The unit is huge, and only cost her 200.00 .. I believe she bought it from a Medical Supply manufacturing company in China. She was Head of the Department at some Chinese hospital for 20years, so I trust her judgement and her products. I'm going to investigate her source and see if they sell red light or blue light units for that price. She says that she can order if for me, but maybe they have a website or something, and if they do, I will report back.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    We all live in a Yellow Submarine.

Rosacea Song of the Moment --
    "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box" - Radiohead