I really thought these were the same thing I think the seb derm has a lot more symptoms than the papules.

How can you treat papules?

I just got a flare of these bumps from my 2nd IPL.

The skin where the bumps are is smooth. They are just small red or skin coloured round bumps on my forehead nose and around the cheek area which they just flared up after my 2nd IPL treatment.

I have 7 bumps on my forehead they are situated in-between my eyebrows but are also above them. I have 5 on my nose and 1 bump on my left cheek a few centimentres below the middle of my eye and about 5 around the nose/cheek area and some in the centre of the right cheek.

I dont have any symptoms as they dont bother me in terms of itching, scaling, flaking, dandruff, or anything else they are just visible some red some skin coloured and would like to just get rid of them as they are just like having acne again.

They are definitely not pustules.

I take it you cannot use creams ect ie hydrocortisone 1% or with born to be mild to treat seb derm / papules?

I have just received a pot of Calandular California Cream today (not sure of spelling)

and I used the product Loreal Pure Zone Deep Control Anti-Imperfection Regulating Moisturiser last night which contains salicylic acid.

I have used this in the past before I had rosacea to help acne and found after a few days it helped. I used some last night on my nose area and I looked this evening and they are considerably reduced and some have completely gone.

I am quoting the list of ingredients from the Pure Zone Deep Purifying Cleansing Wipes (which I must add I dont use anymore but may help give an idea of the ingredients in the moisturiser even those obvious reasons they wont be exact)

Aqua, Water, Alcohol Denat, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina / Laminaria Saccharina extract, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hydroxide and Methylparaben.

I am going to stop using this though as I dont want to keep using this moisturiser only to find much later on that I should'nt as I dont want it to react with my rosacea and if it is not suitable for rosaceans or sub derm/ papules .

Sorry this post is long folks but any help will be appreciated!