Thread: Hi!! some photos of me, after, before and others

Default Hi!! some photos of me, after, before and others

Hi!

I just did recently found this forum and I'm very angry at myself that I didn't find it a lot sooner(i mean before I went to see a GP who prescribed me steroids to use 2 times a day on my face until it goes away.. i should sue the guy // i think i permanently damaged the skin on my face)...
    what happened is I had this funny rash that didn't look like rosacea or eczema or seb derm .. or anything.. and didn't know where did it come from or what caused it so after 3months of scratching myself to death and scarring my face a bit i went to see a GP who did what they always do.. silly me didn't even check how bad steroids are for you.. now i know .. unfortunately a bit too late after almost 400 days of using them day by day on my face(in the meantime was trying switch to ELIDEL but didn't work very well).. have a look how my face looked like when I suddenly stopped using EUMOVATE in january...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6422/64367493lo9.jpg

isn't it the most hardcore outbreak of steroid induced rosacea u ever saw? i didn't leave my house for 3 days after getting it.. then it calmed down a little bit and I did manage to see another GP who prescribed me MINOCYCLINE .. i did eat one tablet each day for 2 months and it helped me a little bit .. u can see me here a month ago:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8564/53440989zy1.jpg

basically now I use DALACIN T twice a day and i can function somehow.. MINOCYCLINE was giving me a very bad dandruff // i try to avoid coffee, coke, chocolate, spicy food, stress and other stuff but i'm still not happy with the results..

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/577/asdax3.jpg

as you can see except mild redness I think that my cheeks look a little bit swollen and they have a different texture than before or the rest of my face .. they are a little bumpy and rough .. also the color is different .. when I'm not red they are pinkish but it's like a pink color underneath hard to describe and the cam i've got can't catch it..
    I'm using E45 twice everyday to keep my face moist and I hope i'm doing the right thing.. other creams didn't work very well.. i did try everything, aspirin mask, metrogel, sudocrem .. the best thing was steroids but gsus if i would know that they will turn me into a monster i wouldn't even use them once..

what do you think should be the next step? LED therapy or some VBEAM ??

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2294/dsadj5.jpg

also it seems not to itch anymore .. so i think the rash i've had before using steroids was something strange and very itchy and I suspect that the thing i've got now is different I hope it's not skin cancer..

let my photos be a warning to everyone using steroids(i know they work very well and help a lot but watch what happens when you finally stop using them... brrrr scarry)

sebastian
    Last edited by phlika29; 6th July 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Default Surprised

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian123 View Post
    Hi!

I just did recently found this forum and I'm very angry at myself that I didn't find it a lot sooner(i mean before I went to see a GP who prescribed me steroids to use 2 times a day on my face until it goes away.. i should sue the guy // i think i permanently damaged the skin on my face)...
    what happened is I had this funny rash that didn't look like rosacea or eczema or seb derm .. or anything.. and didn't know where did it come from or what caused it so after 3months of scratching myself to death and scarring my face a bit i went to see a GP who did what they always do.. silly me didn't even check how bad steroids are for you.. now i know .. unfortunately a bit too late after almost 400 days of using them day by day on my face(in the meantime was trying switch to ELIDEL but didn't work very well).. have a look how my face looked like when I suddenly stopped using EUMOVATE in january...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6422/64367493lo9.jpg

isn't it the most hardcore outbreak of steroid induced rosacea u ever saw? i didn't leave my house for 3 days after getting it.. then it calmed down a little bit and I did manage to see another GP who prescribed me MINOCYCLINE .. i did eat one tablet each day for 2 months and it helped me a little bit .. u can see me here a month ago:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8564/53440989zy1.jpg

basically now I use DALACIN T twice a day and i can function somehow.. MINOCYCLINE was giving me a very bad dandruff // i try to avoid coffee, coke, chocolate, spicy food, stress and other stuff but i'm still not happy with the results..

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/577/asdax3.jpg

as you can see except mild redness I think that my cheeks look a little bit swollen and they have a different texture than before or the rest of my face .. they are a little bumpy and rough .. also the color is different .. when I'm not red they are pinkish but it's like a pink color underneath hard to describe and the cam i've got can't catch it..
    I'm using E45 twice everyday to keep my face moist and I hope i'm doing the right thing.. other creams didn't work very well.. i did try everything, aspirin mask, metrogel, sudocrem .. the best thing was steroids but gsus if i would know that they will turn me into a monster i wouldn't even use them once..

what do you think should be the next step? LED therapy or some VBEAM ??

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2294/dsadj5.jpg

also it seems not to itch anymore .. so i think the rash i've had before using steroids was something strange and very itchy and I suspect that the thing i've got now is different I hope it's not skin cancer..

let my photos be a warning to everyone using steroids(i know they work very well and help a lot but watch what happens when you finally stop using them... brrrr scarry)

sebastian
    I would point out that the steroid you were using is clobetasone butyrate. It is a potent flourinated steroid and it contraindicated for facial use. To give people an idea of its strength, it is 1800x more potent than 1% hydrocortisone. Any doc that has you use this on your face as a first response to a rash is incompetent and should be sued. I am shocked after 365+ days you didn't get a worse flare, especially after discontinuing without tapering from it. It must of hurt like a bitch!

I am a supporter of 1% hydrocortisone use when other options fail, but would never use anything stronger of my face. I use it to control bad seb derm.

Your skin looks pretty good now though, happy things have gotten better, good luck with your future treatment.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

It's also good you quit using them that quick

If it keeps getting better on it's own from just stopping them
    you may be able to avoid any laser therapy.

How long have you been off the steroids? I would give it at least six months before you look into any sort of IPL or other laser therapy. That's the advice I was given (here) and I'm so glad I listened! My face was also kind of pink and irritated after I stopped using the steroid cream and I also had some swelling. It's been six months since I stopped using it and I'm definitely better now than I was then.

I still have skin issues, and I still have to use Elidel sparingly on occassion, but overall, my skin tone and texture is MUCH better than it was six months ago. The swelling has gone down considerably, too.

I know it's hard, but just be gentle to your skin and give it more time before you do anything else to it. It's been through enough already, just give it time to heal.

Good luck!

~J

hi guys!
    this is a '3 years-later' update!
    for everyone struggling with the same kind of a rash i've had 3 years ago i would like to mention again that steroids(i know they help temporarly) are the worst thing u can go for.. well using hydrocortisone for a day or two is definitely something to consider but abusing anything potent for a year like i did(after being told to do so by a doctor) is definitely a very bad idea..
    so.. 3 years after breaking away from the steroid cycle i'm much better now.. actually some time ago i have figured out that the underlying itchy condition i had was seb derm and this selenium sulphide shampoo gets rid of it in an instant, to this day i'm angry at myself that i didn't discover it back in the day when i had my first outbreak(i also know now that the main trigger for the condition - stress)
    now my skin in the abused areas is soggy and the pores are huge.. i'm looking into some kind of a dermabrasion or facelift as i'm pretty upset with the look!
    thanks to everyone here for support and again BEWARE of steroids!
    ciao

Default Hi, Sebastian....

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian123 View Post
    hi guys!
    this is a '3 years-later' update!
    for everyone struggling with the same kind of a rash i've had 3 years ago i would like to mention again that steroids(i know they help temporarly) are the worst thing u can go for.. well using hydrocortisone for a day or two is definitely something to consider but abusing anything potent for a year like i did(after being told to do so by a doctor) is definitely a very bad idea..
    so.. 3 years after breaking away from the steroid cycle i'm much better now.. actually some time ago i have figured out that the underlying itchy condition i had was seb derm and this selenium sulphide shampoo gets rid of it in an instant, to this day i'm angry at myself that i didn't discover it back in the day when i had my first outbreak(i also know now that the main trigger for the condition - stress)
    now my skin in the abused areas is soggy and the pores are huge.. i'm looking into some kind of a dermabrasion or facelift as i'm pretty upset with the look!
    thanks to everyone here for support and again BEWARE of steroids!
    ciao

Default Hi...

Hi... Guy... Recently I got trouble of my skin face. It looks really similar to your condition. I'd like to know what things you could do to discover your skin? Now it's all better, right? Or Did u use any kind of Laser treatment? I hope u'll reply me soon. I will be waiting for you.....