Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anyone tried oral anti-fungals drugs/oil/stuff/SOMETHING??

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    131

    Default Anyone tried oral anti-fungals drugs/oil/stuff/SOMETHING??

    Hey everbody!

    I have for sure Seb Derm, and is now planning on starting some kind of treatment for it. I dont actually know of any kind of treatment for it, when it, like in my case, is in the face. I have though heart of some kind of anti-fungals drugs/oils/stuff, that might be helpfull. But I dont know what their names are, or where I can get it. So..

    Have anyone tried or know any oral anti-fungals stuff that might be helpfull?

    Thanks all

  2. #2
    Senior Member J-Mill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default Oral Anti-Fungals

    I have tried both oral ketoconazole and itraconazole. Oral ketoconazole did nothing other than shred my GI. It took over a month to recover. Oral itraconazole had zero side effects and seemed to help my scalp seb derm a little but did nothing for my facial seb derm.

    It bears noting that scalp seb derm and facial seb derm are thought to be at least contributed to by separate though related fungi. On the scalp the M. Globosa yeast is thought to be one of the culprits and on the face the M. furfur yeast.

    Of the 2 I have tried oral itraconazole has studies to back up its efficacy in treating seb derm so if you were to try one I would suggest this as it has as good a spectrum of action as oral keto, is just as anti-inflammatory and has a much better safety profile.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mill View Post
    I have tried both oral ketoconazole and itraconazole. Oral ketoconazole did nothing other than shred my GI. It took over a month to recover. Oral itraconazole had zero side effects and seemed to help my scalp seb derm a little but did nothing for my facial seb derm.

    It bears noting that scalp seb derm and facial seb derm are thought to be at least contributed to by separate though related fungi. On the scalp the M. Globosa yeast is thought to be one of the culprits and on the face the M. furfur yeast.

    Of the 2 I have tried oral itraconazole has studies to back up its efficacy in treating seb derm so if you were to try one I would suggest this as it has as good a spectrum of action as oral keto, is just as anti-inflammatory and has a much better safety profile.
    Okay thx for the information.

    But if you didn't have succes with these treatment, are there another treatment you would suggest? - Topical treatment of any kind?

    Witch treatments have been the best vs seb derm for u guys out there? - Oral as topical.

  4. #4
    Senior Member J-Mill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default The only thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamklang View Post
    Okay thx for the information.

    But if you didn't have succes with these treatment, are there another treatment you would suggest? - Topical treatment of any kind?

    Witch treatments have been the best vs seb derm for u guys out there? - Oral as topical.
    The only thing that has ever worked for me is 1% hydrocortisone lotion.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mill View Post
    The only thing that has ever worked for me is 1% hydrocortisone lotion.
    But isn't hydrocortisone steorids? - Isn't there an alternative to that, because I have heard steorids is pretty rough on your skin ..?

  6. #6
    Moderator phlika29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    8,371

    Default

    You might like to try the supplement pau d'arco from the health food shop. It is a strong antifungal. Alternatively try eating raw garlic.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default oral anti fungal

    I have been taking Threelac for about twelve months now and have noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin. Not only my facial flare up, but my scalp and dry cracked feet.

    It is recommended for candidis.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I have also been on Threelac and my skin is clearer than it has been for years. I also noticed a remarkable improvement in my cracked feet. They would crack so deeply I would be limping.

    I have heard that Betaine hcl is also beneficial to some people, but when I tried it it upset my stomach, so I discontinued it.

    I also cut all yeast products out of my diet and reduced my intake of carbs.

Similar Threads

  1. Any anti-anxiety drugs which don't have sexual sides?
    By Ants in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th February 2013, 11:24 PM
  2. anti-malaria drugs
    By rosaceaeurope in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd November 2011, 02:40 PM
  3. Could anti-inflammatory drugs break link between fat, diseases?
    By mrsmoof in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st October 2010, 07:45 PM
  4. Anyone tried taking anti-malarian drugs to treat rosacea?
    By -ToadStooL- in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th July 2007, 10:25 PM
  5. Anti-blushing drugs
    By malcom in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd December 2006, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •