Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lysine supplement

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Hickman View Post
    I will be eternally grateful to Jon for the information on L-Lysine and Vitamin C. I have had rosacea for about a month, and it was getting worse. I tried 1500 mg of Lysine and 2000 mg of Vitamin C twice a day and, after the first day, noticed a dramatic improvement. After using the treatment for three days my rosacea has almost disappeared. Thanks so much, Jon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymagic View Post
    I have had Rosacea for over a year now and have been trying everything under the sun like many others to combat this horrible affliction!! Since reading this forum I decided to give the Lysine and Vitamin C a try.

I ordered 5 bottles of Lysine online for $20 and bought some Vitamin C. Since then I have taken 3 x 500mg Lysine pills combined with 2 x 1000mg Vitamin C morning and night and I am telling you my rosacea is almost gone!!!! I cannot believe it?? My skin is as clear as it was when I was a child. It has only been 3 days!?

PLEASE at least give this a try, what have you got to lose!!

My question though is do I have to keep taking these supplements forever or just until my body neutralize's?? if someone can answer would be a great help..

THANKYOU!! THANKYOU!! My life has begun again

I'd like to know what were your symptoms? Just redness and broken capillaries? or p&p's?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediumDog View Post
    Perfectly possible.
    To be abundantly clear then:

Jon has suffered from flushing and blushing for many years.
    He did have ets twice in Italy.
    He did post lucidly and helpfully on ESFB many many years ago.
    He is evidently decent enough to return and pass on information that he feels may benefit others.

Rather nice of him. The sort of action one might like to see repeated, I fancy?

GJ

Well thank you for that information. It is most helpful to have personal knowledge in these sort of situations.

Retired Moderator

GJ,
    I assume you must know Jon then? You seem to be taking this awfully hard and no one is attacking Jon, but the circumstances surrounding this post and thread are a bit suspect.

While Jon may be perfectly legitimate altruistic Lysine proponent, we mods do try to keep a watchful eye on the place and this is what I was able to find and prove during Melissa, MediumDog, and my posts while monitoring this thread. As a mod, I am able to check some information on log in's etc. When I get a chance, I will check the ISP address of the various people in this discussion.

First, I believe this is the post that MirraDodga refers to in his original link. It is from a person calling himself joninmelbourne and it is dated June 15th, 2008.
    http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3095

In it he claims to have posted on rosacea forums a couple of years ago. I don't know if he is referring to a couple of years ago before his post date in June, or to a couple of years before he joined the ESFB in May 2006. On this particular site, he has 4 posts, 2 of which are in the thread I linked.

On July 6th, 2008 he joined this site as joninoxford and there is no record of him before that, but seemingly very coincidentally after MD posted his post. He made exactly one post and has never logged back on this site once since that day. He claimed 50% improvement in 2 days.

Helenhickman also joined the site, posted exactly one post supporting lysine the next day, and has never logged back on since that day. Her one month old rosacea was cured in 3 days.

Monkeymagic also joined the site, posted exactly one post supporting lysine, and has never logged back on since that day. His rosacea was cured in 3 days.

So, at the risk of offending you or Jon in Melbourne or Oxford or wherever he lives, I feel that the mods are right to question this thread and the people claiming to be "cured".

I certainly hope you are correct but to me, as far as some lysine fairy, I will remain skeptical. When it turns out the lysine fairy has skipped of with your wife, your kids are calling him dad, your bank account is empty and the dog is pregnant, don't say I didn't warn you.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by boyandhisdog View Post
    GJ,
    I assume you must know Jon then? You seem to be taking this awfully hard and no one is attacking Jon, but the circumstances surrounding this post and thread are a bit suspect.

While Jon may be perfectly legitimate altruistic Lysine proponent, we mods do try to keep a watchful eye on the place and this is what I was able to find and prove during Melissa, MediumDog, and my posts while monitoring this thread. As a mod, I am able to check some information on log in's etc. When I get a chance, I will check the ISP address of the various people in this discussion.

First, I believe this is the post that MirraDodga refers to in his original link. It is from a person calling himself joninmelbourne and it is dated June 15th, 2008.
    http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3095

In it he claims to have posted on rosacea forums a couple of years ago. I don't know if he is referring to a couple of years ago before his post date in June, or to a couple of years before he joined the ESFB in May 2006. On this particular site, he has 4 posts, 2 of which are in the thread I linked.

On July 6th, 2008 he joined this site as joninoxford and there is no record of him before that, but seemingly very coincidentally after MD posted his post. He made exactly one post and has never logged back on this site once since that day. He claimed 50% improvement in 2 days.

Helenhickman also joined the site, posted exactly one post supporting lysine the next day, and has never logged back on since that day. Her one month old rosacea was cured in 3 days.

Monkeymagic also joined the site, posted exactly one post supporting lysine, and has never logged back on since that day. His rosacea was cured in 3 days.

So, at the risk of offending you or Jon in Melbourne or Oxford or wherever he lives, I feel that the mods are right to question this thread and the people claiming to be "cured".

I certainly hope you are correct but to me, as far as some lysine fairy, I will remain skeptical. When it turns out the lysine fairy has skipped of with your wife, your kids are calling him dad, your bank account is empty and the dog is pregnant, don't say I didn't warn you.

Rob
    The ESFB forum I'm referring to pre-dates the version currently in existence.
    Jon does not claim it is a cure.
    Yes, some aspects of your approach here offend me.
    I could explain at length why I think the approach of the moderators on this matter (and on similar matters) is often wrong-headed and (perhaps unconciously) hypocritcal but I will not, because I do not think you can be persuaded and to do so would disturb things which are best left alone.

Retired Moderator

GJ,
    Well, I'm sorry if my/our approach offends you, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Here are Jon's 4 posts on this (the only still available) version of the ESFB forum that I can find. Two are identical posts under different threads, both about lysine, with two follow up posts.
    http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/se...joninmelbourne

I have searched under ESFB, joninoxford, joninmelbourne, etc. That's what I come up with. People may make their own determinations as always but it should be based upon all the available information.

As I wrote, Jon claimed 50% improvement- I didn't write that he claimed he was cured.

Helen and Monkey did claim that there rosacea "disappeared". Sorry, if I misrepresented that as "cured". I guess it wasn't technically gone, just invisible.

Again though, I certainly hope you are correct and this is something that will be very beneficial. Mirradodga hasn't had much luck yet, but I am sure he will report back if the situation changes.

Rob

As with these types of forum we are subject to many attempts at spam, some subtle and some not so. Most of them are quickly removed but some are harder to detect.

I would agree that as moderators we may take a slightly different view on posts like these. We like to feel that we can protect members who may be open to trying products based on what others recommend. For that to happen we need to make sure people arent just selling something.

So whilst I am sorry that you dont like the approach, and I know we have already discussed this before, it will not change. Taking it to private messages does not work. Some people dont reply to them and it leaves the thread to just carry on.

Yes, we must be careful, and moderators are right and making they're job.

But in this case, the supplement, the L-Lysine, is a very cheap one, with no known side-effects, so I think it could worth it.
    I must say that I see an improvement, the redness is reduced, I feel some flushes, but I'm not as red as I was before.
    So I go on with this dosage 500mg Lysine + 500mg Vit C twice a day (morning and night) on a empty stomach. It seems not that much, since I read that some people are taking a lot of this to treat different health problems (4g and more of each a day).

I will post for further news.

PS : Sorry again for my poor english!

MasK,
    your english is great

GJ, we are just doing the best we can and our actions are from our desire to be helpful and protective of the members here. I do not believe anything we posted should be construed as rude or offensive and we absolutely do appreciate genuine positive feedback!

It was not unreasonable to question 3 glowing reports in a row from all new members who only posted once. No one was being rude. Just pointing out the facts and asking for clarification. Jon and GJ, please do not take offense. The aim of the forum is to be helpful and informative and protect vulnerable people from less than genuine people. In the process we may question some people's experience but just to verify it is real. Anything less and we cannot separate fact from fiction and no one benefits. A genuine sufferer shouldn't take offense regarding this type of query. Only someone who is trying to pull something would and in that case that is just fine with me.

As always we appreciate honest feedback

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Dependable links to the complete post histories of members at the old ESFB forum are difficult to establish, so a selection from the most recent posts from Jon (from 2003 (of 70 in total)).

Hi there all, its been a while so I thought I would see how the thread is doing. I am still taking ZMA (EAS brand) and it is still help significantly. I have emigrated to Australia and have found the hot weather is actually better for my flushing /blushing. First off I always hated central heating back in England. In Winter they tend to over compensate for the cold weather by keeping indoors in resturants, friend houses etc piping hot. Over here all the indoor environment are air conditioned and nice and cool, chilly even - much better for FB and FF. Also outside everone slaps on sunblock. Sunblock itself helps FF and FB in many people because it reduces enviornmental triggers of the conditon (sun, wind, heat) which are blocked from direct contact with the skin. I swear by a sunblock called "Tan Zinc Cream" over here. It is branded "Zincstic", made by F H Faulding & Co and costs $3 a tube (about £1.30). It seriously reduces swelling, flushing, blushing and sunburn. It is like a thicker version of Zinco (www.lindasy.com) which I recommended in the past. Still these two things (ZMA and ZINC cream applied to the face) are the best things I have found for FF and FB, even better than ETS and photoderm. Also keep up chocolate as it has chemicals which dilate the blood vessels in the face and other parts of the body (also that is why chocolate is often thought a aphrodisac!)
    Good luck and don't give up hope!
    "Can you point me to a legitimate (i.e., not a manufacturer, supplier or vendor) reference that supports your anecdotal claims about the effectiveness of ZMA?"

ZMA is ZInc, magnesium and B6. No references are needed as the benefits of these vitamins and minerals are so well established. Its use for blushing and flushing has only been recommended by me so far - but as I have said before, the majority of us who have been researching blushing and flushing for a few years will already know more than you average family GP. Knowledge of blushing for GP's usually extends only to menopausal women. There is no money in researching blushing and flushing so it all up to people like us. Still, for £10 you may as well try a suck it and see approach rather than looking for research on it. This supplement has helped me more than ETS.
    John: That ETS doctor Dr Telaranta in Finland does pioneering ETS reverals. If the ETS has mucked up your life so badly, you are going to need to get the reversal at whatever cost. I think I remember it is about $20,000. Sell your car, sell your house, sell whatever you need to and borrow the rest to get that reversal. Apparently they graft nerve cells on the cut nerves at T2 to reconnect them.

From what you describe you may want to consider Photoderm which uses pulsed light to zap the blood vessels in your face, creating smaller, tougher ones which resist flushing more. Dr. Patterson in Danbury, Essex is very good, but costs £250 a go, (you'll ned 5 over a year or two at least).

Aloe Vera gel is soothing and helps reduce flushing.

"Zinco" from www.lindasy.com is a great sunscreen with zinc in. The zinc actively reduces flushing as well as protecting your face from the suns rays. Get the tinted version as it can look quite white if you don't.

ZMA is a supplement I swear by, just look at the other thread. Its cheap and all men with Blushing / Flushing /Roseacea and even women should give it a try as its the best thing I have found after trying literally everything.
    In defence of the original post, green tea either drinken or taken in pill form does seem to have a effect on flushing and blushing because it is a metabolic stimulator. When the body's metabolism is high it seems more resistant to flushing and blushing.
    FB is just as much a curse for many as FF. I have both, but have dramatically improved mine over the last year.

redfallleaf:
    Low metabolism seems to be a factor worsening flushing and blushing. ( has anybody noticed that when your metabolism is high, e.g. straight after exercise you tend to blush less?) The Thyroid regulates metabolism, so I would suggest eating more iodine which boosts thyroid function, and to supplment with kelp tablets which are rich in inodine.