Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to take against the swelling of the nose?

Any updates? I have the exact same
    symptoms. Both my Father and my Uncle have rhinophyma so I'm very concerned. I developed ocular symptoms first, then almost a year later the flushing, burning on the bridge of my nose and swelling began. I'm about a year into it and my nose is noticeably larger and more
    bulbous in shape. I can see edema under the skin and enlarged pores. I am unsure if there is actually tissue
    growth it is it just fluid. It feels prickly sometimes and I feel there is reduced sensation in it.It's scary for
    me to project what it might look like in a few years. And if it is that rare- then how 2 of my family members have it? My derm keeps telling me not to worry- but I've seen it progress in my father. It starts with an enlarged nose.
    Interestingly enough, neither he nor my uncle had any Rosacea symptoms prior to developing rhinophyma. The only symptom I don't have is excess oil.I'm applying rhofade during the day and finecea at night. I'm on 100 mil of
    Doxy for the ocular symptoms. No p&ps. Just flushing, redness and swelling. Off of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, refined carbs-etc. The heat makes it worse but can't be helped. I'm finishing my third photo facial this week. This has improved the appearance of my skin but I'm not
    sure if it has helped my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasmom View Post
    Any updates? I have the exact same
    symptoms. Both my Father and my Uncle have rhinophyma so I'm very concerned. I developed ocular symptoms first, then almost a year later the flushing, burning on the bridge of my nose and swelling began. I'm about a year into it and my nose is noticeably larger and more
    bulbous in shape. I can see edema under the skin and enlarged pores. I am unsure if there is actually tissue
    growth it is it just fluid. It feels prickly sometimes and I feel there is reduced sensation in it.It's scary for
    me to project what it might look like in a few years. And if it is that rare- then how 2 of my family members have it? My derm keeps telling me not to worry- but I've seen it progress in my father. It starts with an enlarged nose.
    Interestingly enough, neither he nor my uncle had any Rosacea symptoms prior to developing rhinophyma. The only symptom I don't have is excess oil.I'm applying rhofade during the day and finecea at night. I'm on 100 mil of
    Doxy for the ocular symptoms. No p&ps. Just flushing, redness and swelling. Off of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, refined carbs-etc. The heat makes it worse but can't be helped. I'm finishing my third photo facial this week. This has improved the appearance of my skin but I'm not
    sure if it has helped my nose.
    Is the redness permanent or does it go away after the flushing, only returning when you flush again. Is your nose swollen more in the morning when you first wake up.
    Also you said 2 family members had it, did they only have flushing and redness of the nose or just papules. I want to know what Rosacea symptoms are most common to Rhinophyma.

Quote Originally Posted by redtere View Post
    Is the redness permanent or does it go away after the flushing, only returning when you flush again. Is your nose swollen more in the morning when you first wake up.
    Also you said 2 family members had it, did they only have flushing and redness of the nose or just papules. I want to know what Rosacea symptoms are most common to Rhinophyma.
    For nose swelling try taking an alegra in the morning and zertec at night. If that helps u may have severe histamine intolerance and have to go on a low histamine diet.

Quote Originally Posted by g3006 View Post
    For nose swelling try taking an alegra in the morning and zertec at night. If that helps u may have severe histamine intolerance and have to go on a low histamine diet.
    I have tried a product for histamine intolerance called Umbrellux DAO. It is expensive but seems to be helping my swollen, shiny nose.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Queta, my nose doesn't swell/shine but my cheeks swell and get shiny! What is the shininess???
    And is it related to the swelling or is it just oil or something. And I must try that supplement!