Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do your 'bad patches' last?

Default How long do your 'bad patches' last?

Sorry, another question: how long do your 'bad patches' last? Does your flare-up of symptoms last for days... weeks... or months?

In a bad patch I panic, because I am blotchy and red and sensitive, and emotionally not so great either. I have noticed mine can last a morning, or a couple of weeks! It's very depressing

Just curious

Hi Helena,
    I am sorry you are going through a rough patch at the moment. I find that they don't usually last too long. Sometimes a day, sometimes a few days. Hang in there, be good to yourself and relax and take it easy. Try and not focus on it too much as that will only stress you more. I am sending good vibes your way!

I hope you are doing better really soon!!

Hugs,
    Melissa

Mine last for usually a couple days but what's worse is living in fear of a bad day, because even your good days get destroyed...

That is a good point s-kid.

I often have to stop myself from letting my mind spiral into a downward mode. For example, I have had a very good patch the last week or so (knock wood)in that my face has been clear and I hope it continues but you just have to hope for the best and not let it get to you.
    Otherwise you can never enjoy the good if you are always stressing about what may happen. Believe me I am the queen of worrying....just ask my husband but he helps me keep perspective and in any case you have little choice.

The same goes for the bad patches IMO. When I am not doing well I try and keep upbeat and remember it won't last forever and I am still me...even when I am not at my prettiest or best. And I try and not think about it 24/7 and it is not always easy but we can only do the best we can do. And sometimes it feels better to have a good cry or obsession about it so then we can let it go and feel better. Remember rosacea is not who we are and we cannot allow it to rule us or take over our whole life.

Hang in there everyone.

Melissa

For me its like, bad patch for a few days, good short patch, then bad patch again. Ugh.

Oh dear. It has been over a week for me now. My face is so red everyone else seems to have shorter bad periods. I'm scared my face won't be able to heal whatever damage it has.

I have had bad patches that have lasted much longer so please don't worry.

Try and take your mind off of it and do something you really enjoy. I have a feeling a good patch is right around the corner for you!!

Melissa

Oh Thanks Melissa. You're always so calming! Like a fountain or something
    I'm glad your flare healed. Any idea how long your longest 'rough patch' was? xxx

That's a tough one Helena but the first 6 months of my diagnosis comes to mind. I had no peace at all from the flushing and burning every day until I finally got in to see my first laser derm for VBeam. Diagnosed in Sept/Oct of 2006 and flushed and burned every day till March 31st my first Vbeam. Pretty awful.

Since then I can't say for sure but definitely rough times of weeks at a time. The last one that comes to mind in recent memory is when I was waiting for the Oracea to kick in after I had foolishly d/c'd my solodyn and was paying the price. At least 5-6 weeks of p&p's there...and it kept getting worse until it got better.

My philosophy is to allow myself to feel sad, upset, mad etc and then just take a deep breath and deal with it as best I can...and not get down on myself. It will get better but sometimes not as quicky as we want it to.

Hang in there!!
    Melissa

Thanks Melissa. Is Vbeam a form of IPL?

I am beginning to think about looking into this. I study in Bristol, which is a city not too far from Dr. Crouch's clinic. I hear he is very good. What does it feel like and what are the after effects like eg. downtime, swelling etc. Also, is it pricey? I'm not sure how i'm going to finance myself... I'm already swimming in student debt and I'm only in my 2nd year of study!

Thanks for all your help