Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dramatic negative change.

white tea has more antioxidants in it and thus I would consider it actually better.

The picture of your forehead looks very clear, if it flairs worse again I would recommend trying the antihistamines

Really?

Thanks for your advice. I'll do that next time.

Another thing I've been experiencing lately is my lips burning and feeling tight along with my whole face. I've just been reading about LCD screens and UV filters and how that could cause rashyness, which is probably how I'd describe what I've been getting lately. The tight sunburnt feeling (sometimes without redness) is my main symptom, and I spend a lo of time in front of the computer. I always feel better once I'm out in the fresh air, but I don't notice a dramatic change however when I sit in front of a screen. Not like...boom! It stings.

I'm thinkin it could be the UV rays causing the tight sunburnt feeling, because I know for a lot of people, sitting in front of a fan helps them, but with me, the heat is underneath and cold air never seems to really soothe it, only make it less noticable until I walk away form the fan and I can feel it again.

Maybe I should get a screen filter.
    Last edited by Rag Doll; 11th June 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Rosacea symtoms can change or worsen in the blink of an eye and take us by complete surprise, even without changing our routines. This is a source of great frustration for us all.

Maybe your skin was heading this way anyway though?

The level of pain doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of visual redness, however, it doesn't look too advanced at all, so have hope the antibiotics will kick in soon and calm everything down.

There is one thing which doesn't quite fit. The lip burning/tingling. I see someone has already posted about a possible allergic reaction, which could be independant to your rosacea symptoms.
    Or it could exacerbate them.

Have you tried applying a ice gel pack, ( covered) intermittantly for a period of time in order to relieve the stinging? I find this helps and sometimes, it can interrupt the process and shut down for while.

Hey Ragdoll!!

I know this prob wont help, cos ive spoken to many people and its a strange allergy it seems, but i am COMPLETELY allergic to tea!! - green, chamomile, rooibos etc.
    Whenever i drink it, my rosacea gets very bad, which is what i realised about 3 years ago when i was drinking loads of rooibos and my forehead went crazy like that, but with loads of p&ps.
    I cant have any topical product that contains tea or aloe, and i cant drink it either. it excites my skin way too much!!
    Doubt this will help but just thought id let ya know
    Ants x

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    Rosacea symtoms can change or worsen in the blink of an eye and take us by complete surprise, even without changing our routines. This is a source of great frustration for us all.

Maybe your skin was heading this way anyway though?

The level of pain doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of visual redness, however, it doesn't look too advanced at all, so have hope the antibiotics will kick in soon and calm everything down.

There is one thing which doesn't quite fit. The lip burning/tingling. I see someone has already posted about a possible allergic reaction, which could be independant to your rosacea symptoms.
    Or it could exacerbate them.

Have you tried applying a ice gel pack, ( covered) intermittantly for a period of time in order to relieve the stinging? I find this helps and sometimes, it can interrupt the process and shut down for while.
    Well, I've been reading about LCD screens and the UV rays they can give out, and it made me think about how much time I spend in front of the computer and how when rays hit your face, they can burn your lips. I thought back to when I used to go tanning when I was back in high school and how those rays used to always burn my lips! So now I'm thinking hey maybe it's the LCD! Soooo, I swapped today for a old monitor.

Trial and error I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by antsidee View Post
    Hey Ragdoll!!

I know this prob wont help, cos ive spoken to many people and its a strange allergy it seems, but i am COMPLETELY allergic to tea!! - green, chamomile, rooibos etc.
    Whenever i drink it, my rosacea gets very bad, which is what i realised about 3 years ago when i was drinking loads of rooibos and my forehead went crazy like that, but with loads of p&ps.
    I cant have any topical product that contains tea or aloe, and i cant drink it either. it excites my skin way too much!!
    Doubt this will help but just thought id let ya know
    Ants x
    Hey!

Wow! Does it react straight away or after? I seem to be fine while drinking tea. Whether the effects kick in later though, I don't know.

*Is paranoid now*

I hope I'm not allergic to it!! I love tea!

Weird, cos this week I've drank more tea than I ever have before - green tea, cos I heard it was good for rosacea.

*Is now thinking it's the green tea*

*brain explodes*

LOL
    Last edited by Rag Doll; 12th June 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Well, I've been reading about LCD screens and the UV rays they can give out, and it made me think about how much time I spend in front of the computer and how when rays hit your face, they can burn your lips. I thought back to when I used to go tanning when I was back in high school and how those rays used to always burn my lips! So now I'm thinking hey maybe it's the LCD!
    Do you have a link to some of this info? I'm practically married to my monitor :o

edit: nevermind, found a thread in another section.

Hey ragdoll )
    My skin used to take a while to react, and quite a lot of tea. Nowadays if i drink on cup it it reacts on that day.. If i put it on my face in the form of a cream (or the rest of my body) at IMMEDIATELY goes incredibly red and angry, and then i break out over the next couple of days. Not. Nice. Cos i also love tea!!!!... bhut now never touch it
    What you may need to check tho is perhaps yours is a reaction to caffiene., There is caffeiene in green tea, lots of people think that there is nt because it is so powered with antioxidants. How are you with other caffiene? This seems like a more common allergy and trigger.
    Id try a cream containing tea topically as a patch test to see how you react. Lets hope you arent actually allergic cos its a PAIN standing in shops reading ingredient labels of products!!! lol
    Hope it goes well )))

Everyone is different, but I for one take green tea supplements without a reaction, and get a bad reaction from flax seed oil. Others on this forum do as well. It lasts a long time - I can take flax seed (or any omega 3/6 oil) and still be seeing the effects on my face the next day. I stay far away from the stuff now.

This user has been banned from this forum

Default RE:Dramatic negative change..

I think white tea has more antioxidants in it and thus I would consider it actually better.
    Last edited by Melissa W; 7th August 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: to remove inappropriate advertisement...yet again. Last warning Jemmy. We do not accept spamming here.

rosacea or not you still have a crazy beautiful face.